Thread: Fu Hung Suet - Gu Long ATV Wuxia series

Default Fu Hung Suet - Gu Long ATV Wuxia series

So the DVD should be out by the end of this month I'm eagerly awaiting this series as i watched it during my childhood days.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/taksimblade/fuhungsuet.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6146/phuhongtuyettruyenky5f2oy0.jpg')

Long live Fu Hung Suet ! I remember from my childhood memories that this series had great atmosphere.

From yesasia:

ATV adapted Gu Long's famous wuxia novel Bian Cheng Lang Zi into a costume drama series in 1989, with handsome action star Austin Wai (brother of martial arts actress Kara Hui) playing the melancholic title swordsman. He is flanked by a great supporting cast including the lovely Wong Man Ying, television actors Tsang Wai Kuen and Lo Chun Shun, international kung fu star Lo Lieh, and Hong Kong Film Awards Best Actor winner Roy Chiao.

The "God of Swords" Kwan Tin Hung is slain by his double-crossing friend Ngok Sing Fung. Nineteen years later, Hung's son Fu Hung Suet seeks to kill Fung for revenge. Suet has inherited the supreme sword-fighting skills from his father, so he can easily dispatch his challengers and Fung's assassins he encounters on his way. Suet falls deeply in love with a girl named Fok Si Nong, who turns out to be Fung's bastard daughter. Conflicted with love and hatred, Suet is then shocked by the revelation that he is not really Hung's son!
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 03-03-09 at 11:24 PM.

I have watched the Viet 3-dvd (80-90 minutes per disc) version. Austin Wai Tin Chi is very cool in the series, but the series doesn't make much sense. I bet lot of scenes is cut. Shame on ATV.

Hi TC, how many discs are there? The upcoming ATV release has 14 episodes of 45 mins each on 2 DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    Hi TC, how many discs are there? The upcoming ATV release has 14 episodes of 45 mins each on 2 DVDs.
    3 dvds with 80-90 minutes each so it's like 6 episodes.
    I guess the upcoming release will be in chinese only, hopefully they soon release the full version in Viet as well...

Banned

i do know an online shop where you guys can get these dvds only released in China, dvdorderonline, an online store selling American pop tv shows and movies as well as other countries'

^^ i think that's an illegal site

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    3 dvds with 80-90 minutes each so it's like 6 episodes.
    I guess the upcoming release will be in chinese only, hopefully they soon release the full version in Viet as well...
    yeah that is major condensed. The official release has 14 episodes. 10 more days, i already pre-ordered it

Okay the series is out on DVD now @ yesasia.com

I thought this series was interesting and full of mysteries to solve. I think this is one of the few times I have seen Wong man ying as lead. I thought some of the costumes looked weird thou.

Is Cantonese an option, or is it fully dubbed in Mandarin like so many of their other releases?

A couple months back, I saw the dvds for like $20 on ebay. I believe it was both cantonese and mandarin.