Thread: Phoenix Wright and Related Games for Nintendo DS

Thumbs up Phoenix Wright and Related Games for Nintendo DS

Anyone else like these games? First I played Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney and loved it, then I bought all three Phoenix Wright games. There's also going to be a new game entitled Perfect Prosecutor starring Miles Edgeworth and Detective Dick Gumshoe. Hopefully it'll be released in the U.S. soon! If you've played them all, which game has the best storyline and cases? Who are your favorite characters and prosecutors? I love how all the prosecutors were undefeated until Phoenix shows up.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YViJ9KagCJ4

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi_CcuHwHZQ

Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBZLvYLPNbQ
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-11-09 at 12:29 AM. Reason: corrected a link

I love Phoenix Wright series!! But not so much Apollo Justice though, only get around to playing Apollo when I was done with Phoenix, it was kinda bleah for me. I am looking forward to Miles Edgeworth version, I've always like his character when I was playing the Phoenix trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    I love Phoenix Wright series!! But not so much Apollo Justice though, only get around to playing Apollo when I was done with Phoenix, it was kinda bleah for me. I am looking forward to Miles Edgeworth version, I've always like his character when I was playing the Phoenix trilogy.
    I originally wanted to play the games in chronological order, but ended up having to start with Apollo Justice since it's the only one I could find in stores near my house (probably 'cause it's the newest?). I then had to buy the Phoenix Wright trilogy from online sellers. I'm still playing them out of order, but oh well. Which game did you like best from the trilogy? I'm currently playing Trials and Tribulations.

I wonder if Edgey's game will take place before or after Phoenix loses his badge? It'd be nice to see Phoenix make an appearance in the game and maybe even square off against his old buddy.

I definitely like the last game in PW trilogy best, but since you are playing it I shall not spoil anything for you Without spoiling anything (I hope), I like it best cause it's like finally putting in the last piece in a puzzle.

I read somewhere in Wiki that Edgeworth's game take place around the same time as Trials and Tribulation. If so then there's a chance for to see Phoenix and Miles in action again. Hope it won't take long for the English version of the game to be out!

I just finished Trials and Tribulations. Talk about twists and turns! I really enjoyed playing as Edgey during part of the last case and was almost sorry that Phoenix (or is that 'Feenie'? ) recovered so quickly. The whole tragedy in the final case could have been prevented if they'd just kept a closer on Pearls, especially since certain individuals knew about Morgan's plan way beforehand. I wonder what kind of sentence
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Godot received being the real killer and all...I hope they aren't too hard on him considering the circumstances.

The official Japanese site for the new Miles Edgeworth game is up: http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutenkenji
    The game's release date is May 28, 2009 in Japan, so the English version shouldn't be too far behind. I heard this game won't have any trials, just investigations, so it seems less likely that Phoenix will make an appearance.

I like this pic...the characters are so in...character.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i40.tinypic.com/9vfms7.jpg')

I kind of want to play Apollo Justice again now that I'm familiar with the background story and characters. It's a pity that Phoenix looks like a bum, though.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i40.tinypic.com/fvacmh.jpg')

Phoenix Wright is very interesting, I really enjoy the story line and the game itself is entertaining!
    In truth, I only heard about the game because the Takarazuka Revue Theatre did a play called Phoenix Wright based on the game...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I love this series! Phoenix was such a lovable character it's a shame we can't play in once the Apollo Arc starts. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    I love this series! Phoenix was such a lovable character it's a shame we can't play in once the Apollo Arc starts. =(
    Actually you still get to play as Phoenix during the last case in the Apollo Justice game.

Edgey's game is expected to be released in the U.S. this winter!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6208682...dlines;title;2

The official title is Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth and it's scheduled to be released in North America on February 16th of next year. I've already preordered my copy.

Thumbs up

My Miles Edgeworth game shipped today! I can't wait 'til it arrives.

I love these games. But I was hoping for 1 more Phoenix Wright game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I love these games. But I was hoping for 1 more Phoenix Wright game.
    That would be nice, although we'd probably itch for just one more no matter what. So far I'm one case into Edgey's game and it's decent, although on the easy side - hopefully this is just a warm-up for what's to come as the big mystery unfolds.

The Takarazuka Revue performed a Phoenix Wright musical last year. Here's a funny clip:

Edgeworth's Rule