Thread: Mystery 1 (Mi Li Ye)

Default Mystery 1 (Mi Li Ye)

Anyone catching this repeated series now? Which is your favourite story?

"Mystery" as in the final story with Zeng Huifen and the rest of the characters from story 1-4 is very scary.

By Singapore standards, it has a very good plot. Altough I felt the special effects looked very cheap.

it was 1988. those special effects were good enough lah. haha. the butterfly one (africa scenes) was quite creepy. the rest were quite okay. but it had an original plot. i liked the one with zhu houren as a mad pianist best. though some of the storylines were quite depressing.

So far I've watched Butterfly, Piano, Dream, Thief, and Beauty. I really like the songs in this series. One of my favorites is the theme from Piano which took the pianist back in time to 1930s Shanghai. Certain aspects of that story were ripped from The Bund though, especially
    click to show/hide spoilers
    the pianist's death scene when he was riddled with bullets.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I remember the Butterfly vividly, because I developed a fear for butterflies after watching it.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I remember the Butterfly vividly, because I developed a fear for butterflies after watching it.
    Yeah I agree, the Butterflies (Jing Die, is it?) creates the most vivid impression. The butterflies have such mystery around them. I really miss some of the SBC dramas in the late 80s and 90s. They were so good, compared to today's cheap standards.

I like 'Qi Yuan' very much too, both the original and the sequel. They used to show repeats of the old series in the early 90s, but now they only show the late 90s and 2000s dramas.

I remember we also have some quite good 'dian shi dian ying', a movie-length drama. Really missed those good old days.