Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How many do you have?

Default How many do you have?

Men, how many wallets do you have? One or maybe two?
    Women, how many handbags do you have? Three?, Four? Six? or maybe Eight?

So women probably spend a hundred times more on handbags than men on wallets.

Are women nuts? or men more realistic?
    Are women vain and men more practical?
    Maybe men use their money more wisely compared to women.

I have one wallet, and four bags/purses.

It's not about men being more realistic or practical, or about women being nuts or vain (way to not sound biased there, by the way).

For men, they have a wallet that they put money/IDs in, and tend to stuff everything else in their pockets. They only require one wallet for that.
    For women, the same can be said about wallets. But women carry around more things than men do, in general, for which they need something bigger like a purse or bag. Also, purses are more than just for practical purposes. Often, purses serve as a fashion statement. If you are wearing a certain outfit, one type/colour of bag may simply not go well with it. You don't carry around your wallet in your hands, so it barely matters what it looks like. But you do so with a purse or handbag, and if it looks hideous compared to your outfit, it may just not work well for many women.

As for spending more wisely, I'm not sure about that either. Women and men spend money on different things. I have seen a lot more men spend a ton of money on gadgets or updates for gadgets than I see women do.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I have four wallets, one money clip and one card case. For the wallets I really only use 2 of them. I switch them up every once in a while.

Men just spend their money on other things. Doesn't make us any wiser.

One wallet and no handbags. I use other normal bags.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

i only have
    1 premier designer wallet which i can NOT find.. i think somebody ****ing stole it grr.
    1 plain wallet.
    3 plain handbags.
    1 premier designer handbag.
    and 3 wristlets.

i was really against the idea of wearing such luxury handbags as a young girl, but now that i am aging, i shall start my own collection soon

and oh, i don't know about other girls, but i am very, extremely, hella ****ing vain(as if you didn't already know), so that's why i am going to spend a fortune on handbags.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Men, how many wallets do you have? One or maybe two?
    Women, how many handbags do you have? Three?, Four? Six? or maybe Eight?

So women probably spend a hundred times more on handbags than men on wallets.

Are women nuts? or men more realistic?
    Are women vain and men more practical?
    Maybe men use their money more wisely compared to women.
    I personally don't spend anymore than $50-60 dollars on one purse or wallet. Anymore than that is crazy. I am one of the few that don't care for expensive purses and wallets. I think they are a waste of money. I think Coach and Gucci bags are SO ugly but are so expensive. My cousin once spent $1700 on a Gucci bag that was sooo ugly... What a big waste.I only have one wallet at a time and one bag that I am currently using now. That bag was a gift from my friend who loves wallets and handbags. I personally don't really care for them much...

I think it depends because men can spend big in other areas like cars and stuff which is way more expensive than wallets and bags, while women spend big in other areas like make up and other stuff. I also don't buy make up since I don't use it at all. I think it is a waste of money.... (Sorry no offense to anyone who does buy bags, wallets and make up).
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

One cheap wallet ($10-$20) only and using it for 1.5 - 2 years before buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I personally don't spend anymore than $50-60 dollars on one purse or wallet. Anymore than that is crazy. I am one of the few that don't care for expensive purses and wallets. I think they are a waste of money. I think Coach and Gucci bags are SO ugly but are so expensive. My cousin once spent $1700 on a Gucci bag that was sooo ugly... What a big waste.I only have one wallet at a time and one bag that I am currently using now. That bag was a gift from my friend who loves wallets and handbags. I personally don't really care for them much...

I think it depends because men can spend big in other areas like cars and stuff which is way more expensive than wallets and bags, while women spend big in other areas like make up and other stuff. I also don't buy make up since I don't use it at all. I think it is a waste of money.... (Sorry no offense to anyone who does buy bags, wallets and make up).
    Wow, you are so perfect. Too bad I can't find anyone like that in Canada .

I have about 3 wallets and I use one wallet at a time. This means I will use one wallet exclusively for maybe 1 year, then rotate to the next one for next year, and so on. The reason I rotate from time to time is just to rediscover what's in my "collection". I like to go back to old things and sometimes I discover something pleasant about them.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I have about 3 wallets and I use one wallet at a time. This means I will use one wallet exclusively for maybe 1 year, then rotate to the next one for next year, and so on. The reason I rotate from time to time is just to rediscover what's in my "collection". I like to go back to old things and sometimes I discover something pleasant about them.
    I do that sometimes too, but I usually use just one wallet until it is worn out then I move on to another one.... However, I never spend big on it since I don't think it is worth it.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

errrrrrrrrr... i have to admit i am a typical girl who likes to have choices when it comes to bags... okay many many many choices. there's about 10-15 that i've been switching depending on the occassion in the last two months. then i have a closet full of bags in another room. those aren't brand names at all, but just the cheap ones that i pick up when i go walk around at the mall.. anywhere ranging from $25 to 50 bucks. the brand named bags and wallets are stored in their cases in my closet. i don't really use those ones unless i feel like it... which is almost never. the last time i used my coach bags were last year for vegas. oh that reminds me i should get them out for my vegas trip in a few days. yeah, but really i'm not that bad. at least i take good care of the brand names.... fine! i'm a nut and vain! happy?

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    errrrrrrrrr... i have to admit i am a typical girl who likes to have choices when it comes to bags... okay many many many choices. there's about 10-15 that i've been switching depending on the occassion in the last two months. then i have a closet full of bags in another room. those aren't brand names at all, but just the cheap ones that i pick up when i go walk around at the mall.. anywhere ranging from $25 to 50 bucks. the brand named bags and wallets are stored in their cases in my closet. i don't really use those ones unless i feel like it... which is almost never. the last time i used my coach bags were last year for vegas. oh that reminds me i should get them out for my vegas trip in a few days. yeah, but really i'm not that bad. at least i take good care of the brand names.... fine! i'm a nut and vain! happy?
    ROTFLMAO.

Nah, you are not a nut or vain.
    You are just a BAG-LADY

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    One cheap wallet ($10-$20) only and using it for 1.5 - 2 years before buy another one.

Wow, you are so perfect. Too bad I can't find anyone like that in Canada .
    lol..

anyways, speaking of handbags, am i the only one that hate hate hatee coach?
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    u got a lot of baggage
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I don't like the generic "brand name" handbags that every other girl has, like Guess, Luis Vuitton, and Coach.

I personally like Vivienne Westwood and Anna Sui bags a lot, but they're damn expensive.
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    I don't like the generic "brand name" handbags that every other girl has, like Guess, Luis Vuitton, and Coach.

I personally like Vivienne Westwood and Anna Sui bags a lot, but they're damn expensive.
    yah, you can't be picky when you're not paying for them.
    if i was to buy them myself i wouldn't spend more than $100 bucks on one bag.

and to those that are laughing/rolling on the floor, i actually donate my bags after i use them! so there! i can do good things too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post

I like Anna Sui wallets and bags too. I am using an Anna Sui wallet right now and it is really pretty. I get them for a good price though. I wonder if mine are fake???

I don't know.

I know Vivienne Westwood wallet run at $150 and over, and bags at $200 and over at least. I adore her designs. Though I like her jewelry better.
    My love and my agony.

I don't understand why you would spend $150 and up for a wallet no matter how great the design is. It's just a wallet. Do you take it out and flaunt it in front of friends and examine how well made and beautiful the wallet is?
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I don't understand why you would spend $150 and up for a wallet no matter how great the design is. It's just a wallet. Do you take it out and flaunt it in front of friends and examine how well made and beautiful the wallet is?
    What I don't understand is why some people spend many times more on an old __stamp__!

Clearly, some people have too much money.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I totally agree with you PJ. I am a girl myself and don't understand why girls spend so much money on wallets and bags.I don't want to spend more than $50-60 on a wallet. I think that is already a lot for any wallet or bag(although I would spend a little bit more for a bag, but not anything over $100 since that is already a lot). I don't think it is good to flaunt and show off because once one of my cousin's friends flaunted her Coach bag.. And guess what happened?? Later on, she was mugged, lost all of her money and the purse itself. Then she could not afford to rent a house that she had her eye on... Really sad and I must say that it does NOT pay to show off and flaunt your stuff...Why do people show off these things for?? Is it to show that they have money to throw around or to show that they are rich or appear to be rich??