Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Myth- Hu Ge, Bai Bing, Zhang Shi, Zhang Meng

if i'm not mistake, in the clip, it seems hu ge had very close relationship with 2 girls,and one of them died?? i can not identify the lead girl, they look like exactly the same

Hmmm. before I saw the clip, I was interested on seeing how a series would take on the reincarnation love theme from the movie which no one has done for ages. But now, it seems that it has turned into a "done-to-death" time travel theme who reminds me strongly of TVB "A Step Into the Past".

I'm not as interested now. I think i will wait before i go and see it.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I think this is enough .....
    I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
    Please do not use your signature to promote your products ~ your Moderator.

Default UPDATE :)

T.V. series preview

Part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T5Yu...eature=related

Part 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0c0k...eature=related

Part 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f3eI...eature=related

(the cell phone malfunctions are funny)

Part 4:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTBKf...eature=related

The plot confuses me but it looks like this series will be different from the movie...
    happy endings....are stories that haven't finished

uh...after watching the trailers im even more confused. lol. but it looks very action-filled and good
    plus, hu ge looks amazing in his modern styling! im loving it
    cant wait!

Wow. They really are promoting this show.

Despite it looking confusing as heck from these clips. I'm still looking forward to it.

I'm a fan of both Hu Ge and Bai Bing. She looks pretty here.

Oh, and it's nice to know the theme song will be the same from the movie.

Well, this is Hu Ge's version of course, but same song.

Hu Ge - The Myth MV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh5O0...eature=related

The production itself looks pretty grand. I guess Jackie being producer had some part in that.

so this series is suppose to air in china in this month? then does that mean it'll be on dvd same time? or at least a month later? i notice when a chinese series air some reason the dvd are release the same time instead of after the drama is finish airing. i remember when cp3 came out like 10 episodes, i was able then to get it on dvd in usa dubbed in cambodian.

It airs tomorrow, and will subsequently be releasing 3 episodes a day, can't wait for the links to start appearing!

Last edited by savanhlikit; 01-02-10 at 01:08 PM.

dang that was fast, man too bad i can't understand chinese, i hope the dvd will be release soon some reason when a new series comes out its always dubbed in cambodian/vietnamese quickly.

for those watching the series please if you don't mind give your impression of the series.

wow, that was really fast. theyre airing 3 episodes per night? thats a lot. thats good though, cause that means the DVD will be out soon!
    btw, does anyone know how many episodes this is gonna be?
    Last edited by ChineseChik525; 01-02-10 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    does anyone know how many episodes this is gonna be?
    50 ep total.

From the 3 ep that I've seen, the show is decent.

My complaints so far, the fight/action scene isn't too great. Some parts were done poorly. The OP song isn't too good either. But I'll get use to it. The ED song though is wonderful.

The story at this point is average. It's a time travel plot, which switches back to present every now and then. Though my judgement on the show may not be fair when it comes to story and dialogue, since I don't know what they're saying. (need english sub)

click to show/hide spoilers
    I do however find it pretty interesting how the people in the present are searching around for the missing Hu Ge, without even knowing he was sucked back into the past. To have both story intertwined like that kinda seperate this from other time traveling stories.

Acting wise, it's good enough.

Overall, it wasn't too bad.
    Last edited by Wuxialover; 01-02-10 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxialover View Post
    50 ep total.

From the 3 ep that I've seen, the show is decent.

My complaints so far, the fight/action scene isn't too great. Some parts were done poorly. The OP song isn't too good either. But I'll get use to it. The ED song though is wonderful.

Overall, it wasn't too bad.
    Gosh, I thought I'm the only one that thinks that. I think the fighting scene could have been better, it's probaby the way the camera jumps back and forth and can't really see the fighting.

Watching the 3 episode, it is okay, not so good yet. I kind of find it dragging.

Acting wise. If you've seen Hu Ge in other series, most of his characters were pretty similar, and I thought with this serie he would be different and mature (maybe it's too early in the serie), but his character (at this point) and his way of talking was the same as his character in CP3 in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to the princess part..

Quote Originally Posted by savanhlikit View Post
    I'm looking forward to the princess part..
    Yea, I'm looking forward to that part as well. Bai Bing looks pretty.

So far it's been a bit draggy, and somewhat of a sausage fest, lol. Between Hu Ge, his new found martial buddy, his master, and other old dude in white.

As for Hu Ge's character wise, I think he'll mature over the course of the story. Right now he's still inexperience, and well, he's like him from CP3.
    Last edited by Wuxialover; 01-02-10 at 09:17 PM.

Yea, I'm looking forward to that part as well. Bai Bing looks pretty.

Bai Bing is okay. I actually think Chen Zi Han is prettier and curious how she will be involved with Hu Ge's character.

I've been watching many press conference and shows where Bai Bing and Hu Ge would be singing the theme song together. Somehow, I feel they were so distant...they stand so far apart and didn't put that much emotion into their singing (in my opinion)as much as I would like to see, so I hope they have more chemistry with each other in the serie....

Quote Originally Posted by savanhlikit View Post
    Bai Bing is okay. I actually think Chen Zi Han is prettier and curious how she will be involved with Hu Ge's character.

I've been watching many press conference and shows where Bai Bing and Hu Ge would be singing the theme song together. Somehow, I feel they were so distant...they stand so far apart and didn't put that much emotion into their singing (in my opinion)as much as I would like to see, so I hope they have more chemistry with each other in the serie....
    I hope for better fight scenes. Definately. And please no more crazy security guy driving through everything and crashing down, causing random explosions like in ep 1. lol. That man can't drive!

As for Hu Ge and all the girls in the show, I hope their chemistry and development goes well. I actually think Bai Bing looks better in the show than on stage/interviews and in photo's.

I wasn't sure which princess you were talking about, and assume it was Bai Bing. Since she plays a princess. Or, how many princess are there in here? lol

I wasn't sure which princess you were talking about, and assume it was Bai Bing. Since she plays a princess. Or, how many princess are there in here? lol
    Oh..hahah, sorry to confuse you. I am looking forward to the princess, the only one I know of and that is Bai Bing. I am also interested in Chen Zi Han's character. According to the trailer, I think she is also involved in Hu Ge's character.

I think the girls are pretty in their own ways, but somehow their hair just doesn't fit them. They look way older than they should be I think.

I know!!..the fighting scene and the explostion got me all hyped up in the trailer that I was so excited to see the serie.....but so far, got a little disappointed...I actually got dizzy because the camera was moving in all directions during the scene...eheheh

In my opinion as of right now after three episodes this is a magnificent series, and much better then cp3. The only slight annoyance I have with the series is the modern pieces in truth, though I know they will later be integral to the storyline. I for one cannot wait for the next episode! Thank you for posting the episode links it is deeply appreciated!

Default The Myth Homepage

Here is the link to "The Myth" homepage with up to date episodes.

http://www.tudou.com/home/_53991369

Ok, just saw 4-6. Now I really don't understand what's going on. Haha!

Despite that, two things stood out.
    Hu Ge making a bootleg battery charger for his phone? lol And his fighting with those bad guys near the end of ep 6. That was actually an improvement compared to previous fight scenes in the series so far.
    I hope it gets better from here.

Another thing that got me.
    It's been how many years now since he live in the ancient world? His hair grew so long already. And what surprised me, his phone still works? His battery could still be turn on? Wouldn't it go blank over the years without any charger? And possibly die out due to lack of charging? I'm a bit confuse. But whatever. hehe

Even with some wacky camera view during fights, you can tell Hu Ge actually try. He's the one saving the show. At least as of now.

Of course I still need some translations to know the story and what they're saying, etc.

Oh, and thanks for the link savanhlikit.
    Last edited by Wuxialover; 01-03-10 at 08:01 PM.