Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IN CHINA, PANICKED PARENTS FISH FOR MATES  

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Decades ago, the government felt there's too many people so they ran a 'Stop At Two' campaign, which is something like China's one-child policy. Basically you get fined if you have a third child.

There is a general consensus that the campaign worked too well, because even now when the government will reward us for having more children, few are prepared to have a third child.

And yes, we are very small and very, very crowded now. Current population is about 4.8 million and the government plans to pack another 1.2 million in, which I guess will be foreigners since we refuse to be breeding machines. I'm not sure how we are going to manage that. Stress is actually one of the factors why Singaporeans are having low birth rates, and such a population density is surely going to boost stress.
    Thanks for the info! I still remember quite a few years back that I read an article about how Singapore is the highest population density country in the world. Therefore, I am shocked that Singapore is now encouraging people to have more children. I always wondered if Taiwan and HK have this policy as well since they are also really small and crowded.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Don't knock the service, TC. You might just need it one day.
    I second to that!

Decades ago, the government felt there's too many people so they ran a 'Stop At Two' campaign, which is something like China's one-child policy. Basically you get fined if you have a third child.
    Fock that! I hate it when there's a restriction, or some bullsh1t of that sort, to human lifestyle. Are they governers or pet owners? Those A holes!

There is a general consensus that the campaign worked too well, because even now when the government will reward us for having more children, few are prepared to have a third child.

And yes, we are very small and very, very crowded now. Current population is about 4.8 million and the government plans to pack another 1.2 million in, which I guess will be foreigners since we refuse to be breeding machines. I'm not sure how we are going to manage that. Stress is actually one of the factors why Singaporeans are having low birth rates, and such a population density is surely going to boost stress.
    That sort of backfire is called Karma, yet those, uh, gah-vernors never learn their lessons and continue with such bullsh1t! Pfftttt!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post

Fock that! I hate it when there's a restriction, or some bullsh1t of that sort, to human lifestyle. Are they governers or pet owners? Those A holes!

That sort of backfire is called Karma, yet those, uh, gah-vernors never learn their lessons and continue with such bullsh1t! Pfftttt!
    Awww.... Cedrey is very angry today.

Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Awww.... Cedrey is very angry today.

Thank you, sweet Xiang'er, for the hugg. Yeah, reading such act of the government pisses me off.

Well, I, personally, is considerably an opposition of such manner of governing. You know what I mean.

Apparently, what they did isn't right. The backfire, was a good reflection for them.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I doubt TC is as rich as he is.
    The point was that TC is still young and that even though he's getting older, he can still get a girl and have kids even when he like 60ish. Never too old to start a family for a guy aye.

And yeah i hate some govts and politics too.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Thanks for the info! I still remember quite a few years back that I read an article about how Singapore is the highest population density country in the world. Therefore, I am shocked that Singapore is now encouraging people to have more children. I always wondered if Taiwan and HK have this policy as well since they are also really small and crowded.
    Ever since HK was handed back to China they were allowed to continue their own way of life and keep their existing laws and political system (since British rule) for another 50 years, so therefore I don't think this single child policy applies, but I do believe things will change once that time has passed.
    Have you learned to love one another?

The best catches are scooped up early. The good catches who aren't attached are likely seeking some rich husband. So... what's left? Just the usual stuff on the "market."
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    The best catches are scooped up early. The good catches who aren't attached are likely seeking some rich husband. So... what's left? Just the usual stuff on the "market."
    That is generally true, but I don't think that applies to every case. I am not "taken" yet but I don't consider myself someone that is looking for a rich husband. But then again, maybe people don't consider me a "good" catch...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

In India, if you're a man and you see a woman you fancy, you give her your card. If she fancies you as well, she will give the card to her parents who will contact the man's parents and they will talk. If both parents agree, the man and woman can formally meet and go on a date.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    In India, if you're a man and you see a woman you fancy, you give her your card. If she fancies you as well, she will give the card to her parents who will contact the man's parents and they will talk. If both parents agree, the man and woman can formally meet and go on a date.
    How do you know all this?

I doubt TC is as rich as he is.
    Sadly I am a ghetto man live in poverty but luckily that I live responsibly .

As great as Singapore is, there are are countless millions out there wishing to move there.

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    Don't forget your father/mother hometown, where there are infinite good catches.