Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Feeling old?

my friend said Teatree oil helps reduce the itchy and inflammation if you get bitten by mosquitoes or bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Yes, feeling old nowadays. Thinking more about death.
    That cracked me up.

All I can think about is how the hell I'm going to get 1/10 of the 5000 things on my to do list done.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

start now =) At least you would have some kind of accomplishment =)

Yes, feeling old nowadays. Thinking more about death. No choice, right?
    I am 37 and my life is barely started yet. Yeah, death is guaranteed to happen and will be permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    That cracked me up.

All I can think about is how the hell I'm going to get 1/10 of the 5000 things on my to do list done.
    I guess you can't do everything. Just go for the most important things first and see how much you can get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    my friend said Teatree oil helps reduce the itchy and inflammation if you get bitten by mosquitoes or bugs.
    I should try that on my many mosquito bites then.
    Sim neej aws...

Although I'm 36, going to turn 37 in December, I do feel old. Seeing most of my friends married and have kids makes me wonder if something is wrong with me.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Although I'm 36, going to turn 37 in December, I do feel old. Seeing most of my friends married and have kids makes me wonder if something is wrong with me.
    Nah, there is nothing wrong with you. On these days and ages, marriage is not for everyone. There are a lot of singles now a day. You can try 2redbeans.com, most of the members are Chinese. It's free unless you want to be an VIP member.

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    At least you still look 25!

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    start now =) At least you would have some kind of accomplishment =)
    If only I had Xuzhu's ability to accomplish any task as his heart desires / cannot be put to a disadvantage....

But since I don't, better start now and increase efficiency.

I do find myself having more blind spots now. Like, I have to look around multiple times to make sure I didn't miss something in front of me.

I do find myself having more blind spots now. Like, I have to look around multiple times to make sure I didn't miss something in front of me.
    Um...maybe you should get ur eyes checked

That also happens to me. Possibly when one grows older, one dislikes making mistakes too often.

My schoolmates and I meet a few times a year and talk about how old we are getting, how we all kind of got presbyopia at the same time, and what we want to do with our careers. Then the Sultan of Kedah, Abdul Halim, became King of Malaysia. Abdul Halim was crowned King of Malaysia in 1970 in his early 40s, and in 1972 all of us were born, when Abdul Halim was King. Now the 40-year cycle has come round again and Abdul Halim has become King again in his 80s.

So all of us imagine if Abdul Halim had felt "old" in 1972 because he was in his early 40s, and if he had spent much time thinking about missed opportunities rather than the future. He kept going over our entire lifetime and is now in his second rotated term as King, and remains an inspiration for all of us. At 43? Pfah, we're only halfway there. And His Majesty may continue for quite a few years yet!

At least you still look 25!
    aww...thanks PJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Nah, there is nothing wrong with you. On these days and ages, marriage is not for everyone. There are a lot of singles now a day. You can try 2redbeans.com, most of the members are Chinese. It's free unless you want to be an VIP member.
    Yeah, sometimes being single is lonely. I'm ok with no dating online sites. I've been there and done that (not that I went to 2redbeans.com). My outcome, most of the guys I've met were desperate. Scarred me. LOL.
    Sim neej aws...

That also happens to me. Possibly when one grows older, one dislikes making mistakes too often.
    True. You can't afford to make as many mistakes as an adult.

For me it's also to do with having 10 things on mind at any given time and only a fraction of that is actually spent on the thing in front of me.

I just read an article that said as an adult/parent you do 100 things a day instead of 10.
    Last edited by PJ; 08-04-15 at 01:40 PM.

A little bit old (in my thirties now). Most of my friends and cousins are getting married or have been married for several years now. Either that, or they are too busy with their jobs to go out and have fun. I think I need to find a hobby for the future. TVB does keep me occupied - just finished watching 潮拜武當. And I just returned from a bus trip to Shanghai and 九寨沟 (Jiu Zhai Gou - Valley of Nine Fortified Villages) in Sichuan with family. The scenery in 九寨沟 was breath-taking - I believe it is where they filmed the 2006 Return of Condor Heroes. There is also a lot of Tibetan settlements around the area - pretty nifty to see.

九寨沟 is 1 of the top 2 or 3 most beautiful places I've ever been to. And I've been to a lot of places.

Did you see the nearby Huang Long?

I don't think the bus took us there. After Jiu Zhai Gou, I think we went to Chengdu (bought some Three Kingdoms souvenirs and gifts for friends). We also went to Emei mountain and the temples there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    We also went to Emei mountain and the temples there.
    Did you ask the nuns how their Sixiang Palm compares to the Liangyi/Reverse Liangyi Sabre nowadays?

Did you ask the nuns how their Sixiang Palm compares to the Liangyi/Reverse Liangyi Sabre nowadays?
    Uhh... Yes. I actually did ask that. They were stunned or couldn't respond (or my mandarin was incomprehensible)

The place itself was quite nice. Few buddhist temples situated midway up the mountain.