Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling old?

Default Feeling old?

At what point in your life do you start to feel old(or at what age?).
    If you are ummarried, do you feel old sooner than the married?
    If you are married and have children, do you feel old a lot later?

Most here in the US (esp girls) feel hitting 30 is getting old. Lots of them cringe at the thought of being unmarried by then. For some of us guys, we don't feel that way maybe until closer to 40. Everyone is different though.

i think i'll feel old when i cant play basketball anymore
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

When you realize that you have fewer and fewer second chances.

1. i felt old when cannot shop till drop from one store to another.
    2. very old when cannot catch up my daughter in one department.
    3. terribly and horribly old when sitting down, and once there, decided not moving an inch, standing up or walking away again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor View Post
    Most here in the US (esp girls) feel hitting 30 is getting old. Lots of them cringe at the thought of being unmarried by then. For some of us guys, we don't feel that way maybe until closer to 40. Everyone is different though.
    I feel old since I just turned 30 this year(even though I don't really look 30) and don't have career or love yet.. Gosh, my biological clock is ticking. However, my mom doesn't think that it is urgent at all. She says that people can still have healthy kids at 40 with all of the medical advances of today. But my stupid relatives and sister in laws keep on bothering me about it constantly. Sorry, but if my mom and brothers don't say anything, I don't care what others think...
    Last edited by Trinie; 04-29-09 at 10:37 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I feel old since I just turned 30 this year(even though I don't really look 30) and don't have career or love yet.. Gosh, my biological clock is ticking. However, my mom doesn't think that it is urgent at all. She says that people can still have healthy kids at 40 with all of the medical advances of today. But my stupid relatives and sister in laws keep on bothering me about it constantly. Sorry, but if my mom and brothers don't say anything, I don't care what others think...
    Age is just a number and everyone age differently. You can be 30 and still have a body of a 20 year old or around

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Age is just a number and everyone age differently. You can be 30 and still have a body of a 20 year old or around
    Yea, that is true..Most people say that I look young for my age physically, but I am biologically old. I get sort of offended but don't care... My mom just made a statement that sort of upset me, but then again maybe it is a good thing in a way. You are 30 and still have no job... Thanks mom!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Yea, that is true..Most people say that I look young for my age physically, but I am biologically old. I get sort of offended but don't care... My mom just made a statement that sort of upset me, but then again maybe it is a good thing in a way. You are 30 and still have no job... Thanks mom!!
    Well you could be biologically aging slower as well. In the end nothing matters it's what you think yourself that it's important.

I know. Finding the right person can seem impossible at times, esp when it becomes clearer what type of person you are looking for. Unfortunately, the girl who may fit me is not the outgoing type, she enjoy reading, writing, or working on her artwork at home. How can I bump to her if she hardly goes out? I guess I'll leave it up to fate. I won't let the feeling of getting older pressure me into settling, I rather wait for the right one, or just be single all my life.

I know. Finding the right person can seem impossible at times, esp when it becomes clearer what type of person you are looking for. Unfortunately, the girl who may fit me is not the outgoing type, she enjoy reading, writing, or working on her artwork at home. How can I bump to her if she hardly goes out? I guess I'll leave it up to fate. I won't let the feeling of getting older pressure me into settling, I rather wait for the right one, or just be single all my life.

lol you just have to wait 16 years for gugu to show up.

Well you could be biologically aging slower as well. In the end nothing matters it's what you think yourself that it's important.
    Honestly, even though I am 30... I still don't feel 30 at all. I feel a lot younger and I think it comes out on the surface since I am young at heart. I think that is why everyone thinks I am younger than my actual age. Thanks and yea it is true that it is what we think of ourselves..

lol you just have to wait 16 years for gugu to show up.
    yup I'm still waiting... lol

yea it is true that it is what we think of ourselves..
    To be the voice of pessimism (or at least unpleasant realism) here...

For better or for worse, the input we get from the people we know (and even people we *don't* know) plays a significant role in our self-image. It's pretty damn hard to develop a good self-image if we're constantly getting negative input from others.

We all say that we *shouldn't* let others affect our view of ourselves. That's right: *shouldn't*. But "shouldn't" doesn't necessarily always translate into what finally happens. The person who can completely tune out the input of others and form his/her independent self-image is still the rare exception rather than the rule. That's the unpleasant reality.

I totally agree with you.. But you know, it seems so easy for some people but really hard for others. Honestly, the relationship/marriage of people are separated by just a threadline... Like one of my friends, she never dated and never went out since her parents are strict. She then married a guy with an arranged marriage and thinks she is lucky. I think she is pathetic though...She did not even know the guy at all and just married him... I agree with you that if I can find the right one, then I think I may have to be single all my life as well... But it is all dependent on fate. However, I think guys have more time than girls since girls have to have kids... My mom does not pressure me in terms of love, but she does in terms of career. She says that she is embarrassed by me since everywhere I go, people always ask if I have found a job and my mom has to hide her face... I have plans of going abroad, but can't go at the moment yet... I guess I have hold it all in for now and then people will see what I am made of...

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

For better or for worse, the input we get from the people we know (and even people we *don't* know) plays a significant role in our self-image. It's pretty damn hard to develop a good self-image if we're constantly getting negative input from others.

We all say that we *shouldn't* let others affect our view of ourselves. That's right: *shouldn't*. But "shouldn't" doesn't necessarily always translate into what finally happens. The person who can completely tune out the input of others and form his/her independent self-image is still the rare exception rather than the rule. That's the unpleasant reality.

What you say is true but sometimes you just have to give shit what others think. Ofcourse that way you could get isolated but why let other people tell you what to think or behave?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

I actually agree with you. I mean, there are times that we care about what people we don't know think of us so of course we would care what friends and family think of us. Luckily, most of my close friends understand my situation and don't look down on me at all. Sadly, I hide a lot of things from my family so they don't understand at all..

I always tell myself not to care and that it will not affect, but in reality.. It actually does... It's not really that I care a lot(especially the comments from my relatives)but it does affect me in one way or another even though I don't want it too. Especially when they mention it over and over again...

What you say is true but sometimes you just have to give shit what others think. Ofcourse that way you could get isolated but why let other people tell you what to think or behave?
    I think that without some source of external validation, any self-image is constructed on a shaky foundation and will collapse more easily under pressure.

I totally agree with you.. But you know, it seems so easy for some people but really hard for others. Honestly, the relationship/marriage of people are separated by just a threadline... Like one of my friends, she never dated and never went out since her parents are strict. She then married a guy with an arranged marriage and thinks she is lucky. I think she is pathetic though...She did not even know the guy at all and just married him... I agree with you that if I can find the right one, then I think I may have to be single all my life as well... But it is all dependent on fate. However, I think guys have more time than girls since girls have to have kids... My mom does not pressure me in terms of love, but she does in terms of career. She says that she is embarrassed by me since everywhere I go, people always ask if I have found a job and my mom has to hide her face... I have plans of going abroad, but can't go at the moment yet... I guess I have hold it all in for now and then people will see what I am made of...

agree but you can't let your life depend on fate and do something about it. If you like a guy then just ask him out. I think it's difficult as well but im not stressing about it either have to concentrate on my career first.

agree but you can't let your life depend on fate and do something about it. If you like a guy then just ask him out. I think it's difficult as well but im not stressing about it either have to concentrate on my career first.
    Oh I know that... But luckily, I usually don't have to ask. The guys always ask me first..I am also extroverted and friendly, so people always approach me... Yea, I need to concentrate on career at the moment since that is what is stressing me out the most. That is why my family and friends constantly bother me about, NOT love at all.... well, my sister in law's bother me about it more than anyone and it upsets my mom.