Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What outrageous/ignorant/dumb ideas did you have as a kid?

Default What outrageous/ignorant/dumb ideas did you have as a kid?

At some point as a kid, I was convinced that no matter how hot the temperature got, and no matter how many layers of clothing I'm wearing, as long as I'm not moving, I wouldn't sweat.

That is to say, if I stood still in the scorching dessert of 120 degrees, and I was dressed for the Antarctic with 5 wind-proof layers of thick clothes, I believed I couldn't sweat.

What outrageous/ignorant/dumb ideas did you have as a kid?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

if i swallowed a watermelon seed, then i'd grow a watermelon in my tummy...

Good thread PJ,

I actually thought if I train hard enough I could cultivate Chi and eventually can launch a fireball.

oh yeah, talking about crazy wuxia ideas, when I was young, I was thoroughly convinced that I was destined to become a flying hero

Another dangerous thing I believed was that if I jumped straight down to the ground from my 3rd floor balcony, I wouldn't get hurt. I almost tried it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    if i swallowed a watermelon seed, then i'd grow a watermelon in my tummy...
    lol, I used to think that if I ate sunflower seeds and drank a lot of water afterwards, a sunflower would grow on my head. It made sense at the time.

I thought that every time somebody turned on the hot or cold water on the faucet, some guy sitting in a bunker somewhere would push a button to start the hot or cold water flowing.

One of my MANY misdeeds.....

Along with my cousins, I'm usually the secret agent or sneaky ninja sent on a mission impossible to steal my neighbour's kittens.

Being a 3rd child among 3 and the most rebellious one, I used to think I'm Ne Zha reborn because I also had problems with my papa too.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 05-15-09 at 01:39 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

As a child, I was convinced that if you paid with your credit card, you wouldn't have to pay. Ever. So whenever I went shopping with my mum, I urged her to use her card because 'it'd be free.'

I still admit I have a bit of the same mindset (it's called 'retail therapy'), which is why my chequing account is always running dry...
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

as a child, i was extremely superficial so i thought pretty and popular kids were "better" so i would only be friends with the pretty popular girls

one time, i was eating an ice cream sandwich and couldn't finish it. it was summer so i thought it would melt if i don't put it somewhere "cold"...i put it in front of a fan

many more but i forgot
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I would imagine trucks and cars transforming into robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    As a child, I was convinced that if you paid with your credit card, you wouldn't have to pay. Ever. So whenever I went shopping with my mum, I urged her to use her card because 'it'd be free.'

I still admit I have a bit of the same mindset (it's called 'retail therapy'), which is why my chequing account is always running dry...
    when I first moved to the states, I thought a driver's lisence was the same card as an atm card and the money that came out was free.

When I was little, I wanted to hatch a chicken from an egg, so I filled a bowl up with an egg (food) surrounded with cotton wool (to keep warm) and hoped that one day, it would hatch a chicken.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    When I was little, I wanted to hatch a chicken from an egg, so I filled a bowl up with an egg (food) surrounded with cotton wool (to keep warm) and hoped that one day, it would hatch a chicken.
    How cute!

As a child, I was under the delusion that nothing unfortunate could ever befall me or my loved ones. It was always that ol' "oh, that can't happen to me... because it's me!"

That said, that child still lives somewhere beneath.

my parents used to buy numbers and at that time, the result were handwritten. at one point, wanted them to strike so I erased the top numbers and replaced it with one of their digits. Got sounded but that ok to me. what miserable, the whole village knew including next.

When I was very small, I thought it was very common for people to find their soul mate in primary/secondary school. Weird I know.

When I was little I thought that 12 was like ancient and that I would never be that old.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

The first time I watched ROCH 95, I thought Carmen's face was actually a mask so I was wondering how did they know what XLN looked like. That was also when I thought most of these wuxia characters were real.

I always thought that eyesight is faster than light . I tried to prove it to my friends saying, light travels 8 seconds from sun to earth but, when you see the sun your sight has already reached it instantly. Isn't it? I kept this thought until I learnt some advanced physics.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

A ridiculous thought? At the age of 4, I thought dinosaurs raomed during the life of my grand-parents, and that I missed dinosaurs "just by a nose". Why? Because my perents told me that dinosaurs were in "old times". In my child's mind, the "old times" included:
    - Cars pulled by horses
    - Black-and-white pictures.
    - Steam-powered liners and trains
    - Men with top hats
    - Dinosaurs
    - Mammoths and saber-tooth tigers

All of it at once. Silly thoughts children can have...