Thread: How well do you guys get along with your in laws?

Default How well do you guys get along with your in laws?

I was wondering how well do you guys like your in laws? I am asking because I have a sister in law that I cannot stand at all. She is now staying with us to study for her Pharm D exam that she has failed 2 times already. She is causing a lot of problems with me and my mom/family. She seems to have something against me and tells on me with my mom all the time. Gosh, I HATE HER and can't stand her at all... I have always disliked her ever since I first saw her but tried to be nice to her, however, I still don't like her that much. It's like I can't stand her at all...
    Lately, she has been saying that I talk to myself and that I am crazy. I thought it was already bad enough that she told me that,BUT she now told my mom too... My mom then tried to cover for her and said that she said that, however, my mom did not know that she already told me. Sorry but how stupid can she be?? WHo does not talk to themselves? BUt the thing is, it depends on how much and to what extent. NO ONE has ever in their lives said that I was crazy before. She even compared me to her crazy sister(she has a sister that is actually crazy). I am sooo pissed off. She always takes over the kitchen, makes a mess and NEVER cleans up,etc...She even criticizes my cooking and tells me what to do. She also said that I will marry an old guy one day or get married when I am old if I ever do... Gosh, how much worse can it get??? My mom ALWAYS sides with her too... How much more of her BS can I take?? I am now just praying that she passes her test in July and that July will come soon so that she can just leave. She is making my life hell.... How unfortunate of me to have such a pathetic in law that thinks she is so great....If she was so great then why did she fluck her test twice? My brother took the same test and passed on the first try and my cousin passed on the second try. Yea, if she was so great then why didn't she pass the first 2 times?? She thinks she is so great but is a pathetic idiot...WHat goes around comes around and I hope she will get punished for her bad deeds!!!ARRRRRR.........
    Last edited by Trinie; 06-11-09 at 04:06 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

kinda feel bad for u

lucky i wont have this problem

unless my sister marries first
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    kinda feel bad for u

lucky i wont have this problem

unless my sister marries first
    Thanks for listening... She is causing a lot of inconveniences for my family too and is making us cater to her every need. If she needs anything, my mom makes me and my brother go and buy it for her with our own money. I am so SICK of her and her BS. I wonder how many more problems will she cause for me and my mom for the next 4-5 weeks(GOSH, these 4-5 weeks will be really long for me)?
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Tell her to GTFO if she's being a ***** at someone else's house. If you're staying as a guest at someone's house, at least be respectful and grateful to the family for letting you have food and shelter for free. If she's going to go around causing you trouble, tell her to get out and find a hotel. Don't put up with BS like this.
    I get that usually hosts try to be accommodating and nice (which may be why your mom sides with her publicly), but that doesn't give the guest a right to be all *****y like your sister-in-law is. If she keeps up with it, tell her to get a place of her own.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    Tell her to GTFO if she's being a ***** at someone else's house. If you're staying as a guest at someone's house, at least be respectful and grateful to the family for letting you have food and shelter for free. If she's going to go around causing you trouble, tell her to get out and find a hotel. Don't put up with BS like this.
    I get that usually hosts try to be accommodating and nice (which may be why your mom sides with her publicly), but that doesn't give the guest a right to be all *****y like your sister-in-law is. If she keeps up with it, tell her to get a place of her own.
    Well my mom doesn't consider her as such a normal guest since she is my sister in law and also my brother lives with her family(which my parents were NOT happy about at all!! My dad used to complain about it all the time when he was alive and said that people will look down on him even though he pays and all). But my brother pays and doesn't act the way that she does... Gosh, I can't stand her.. I always say to myself "when will she leave??" I have no choice but to put up with it. The rest of my family doesn't say anything because they don't do anything at all around the house. When she makes a mess, I clean it up and put up with her while the rest of my family does nothing. Therefore, it does not seem to bother them much but it bothers me because I do all the work. She is BSing about me to my mom and BSs about my oldest brother too, however, he doesn't care at all... BUT I do.... Gosh, but my mom always sides with her and I don't want to argue with my mom anymore and cause more problems.... I am just waiting for these next 4-5 weeks to get by so that she can leave.... Boy is time going by so slow.....

i think its good to let out some frustration. Makes u feel abit better. Umm... i got no advice except pray that she pass her exam. Win Win situation for both parties.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac View Post
    i think its good to let out some frustration. Makes u feel abit better. Umm... i got no advice except pray that she pass her exam. Win Win situation for both parties.
    Thanks and yea I really needed to let out some steam or else I would explode. Yea, I am praying that she passes or else she will stay with us longer and my life will be even more painful....

Living hell

What about going up to her and ask her for the money whenever you have to buy her things? If she doesn't pay, don't buy. Or pass her the receipt after the purchase and let her know that while she has the original receipt, you are keeping record of it too. Do all that with a smile, never raise your voice (or others will fault you for that).

Next time she complains about your cooking, tell her to take over since she's an expert. If she complains that she doesn't have the time because of her coming exams, tell her sweetly, with a huge, understanding smile that that's too bad because that means she has to bear with your cooking.

And if she ever badmouths you in your presence or behind your back, just smiles and listens and says in your sweetest voice that despite all your faults and shortcomings, you don't badmouth untruths about people and your heart isn't black. You can even go up to her and...no, I shouldn't be teaching you that, it's spiteful.

Never throw your temper, don't get angry (I know it's tough) or you will be perceived as an ungracious host/unreasonable sister-in-law who makes her life difficult while she's trying so hard to pass that obviously difficult exam. Who knows, if you keep smiling whenever she's being difficult, she may even start thinking you're truly crazy and leave you alone

Your mother may get you to give in because you're her daughter, not her. Don't know, just a thought.

I thank my lucky stars I get along reasonably well with my sister-in-law.
    Last edited by BearBearNweather; 06-12-09 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather View Post
    Living hell

What about going up to her and ask her for the money whenever you have to buy her things? If she doesn't pay, don't buy. Or pass her the receipt after the purchase and let her know that while she has the original receipt, you are keeping record of it too. Do all that with a smile, never raise your voice (or others will fault you for that).

Next time she complains about your cooking, tell her to take over since she's an expert. If she complains that she doesn't have the time because of her coming exams, tell her sweetly, with a huge, understanding smile that that's too bad because that means she has to bear with your cooking.

And if she ever badmouths you in your presence or behind your back, just smiles and listens and says in your sweetest voice that despite all your faults and shortcomings, you don't badmouth untruths about people and your heart isn't black. You can even go up to her and...no, I shouldn't be teaching you that, it's spiteful.

Never throw your temper, don't get angry (I know it's tough) or you will be perceived as an ungracious host/unreasonable sister-in-law who makes her life difficult while she's trying so hard to pass that obviously difficult exam. Who knows, if you keep smiling whenever she's being difficult, she may even start thinking you're truly crazy and leave you alone

Your mother may get you to give in because you're her daughter, not her. Don't know, just a thought.

I thank my lucky stars I get along reasonably well with my sister-in-law.
    Thanks for your advice and I actually have already done some of the things that you said. I just smile but in a sarcastic way(which I think she may know if she is smart enough). I just let her cook whatever now, but I still cook for my family since she just cooks for herself now... I am trying not to throw my temper and just act all fake and sarcastic... Yea, I think she truly believes that I am crazy now... Go figure...