Thread: Good Fella from Temple Street

Default Good Fella from Temple Street

Is this series any good? I recently got hold of this series and was wondering what other people think of it. What's it about?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images/7/73/The_good_fella_from_temple_st.JPG')

Oh I remember this series, it is similar to the old classical TVB series "Feud of two brothers". Lawrence Ng again plays the role of the evil brother, Kwong Wah takes on the role of the good brother. Pretty standard plotline, even though a far cry from "Feud of two brothers". Oh, and the last part of the series focuses a lot on the HIV virus, which kind of ruined the mood of the series. I remembered there was rape scenes too towards the end, pretty nasty stuff and tragic. But in my opinion, it was definitely no classic. The series opens with Michelle Mai Suet's character, but eventually she seems unimportant for the storyline due to sloppy writing. Worth a watch, but no keeper in my opinion.

It seems like Lawrence played a lot of villain characters back then and he was very good at it. Overall, I thought the series was good but a little to sad , not sure if I would rewatch it again. I thought Michelle did a really good job here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    It seems like Lawrence played a lot of villain characters back then and he was very good at it. Overall, I thought the series was good but a little to sad , not sure if I would rewatch it again. I thought Michelle did a really good job here.
    I though that this reminded me of "Return To the Truth" which had much better chemistry, acting and plot. I found "Good Fella ..." to have potential, but the plot was very weak and the girl who played the rich girl had really raw acting. At the end, I really did not get what the ending had to be like that, where as with RTTT, it all played to karma which was very meaningful.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I just thought it was given that ending to show that karma will eventually get you after all your bad deeds and even your own family member will fear you instead of being on your side.

With sun xing's character, I think he was too ambitious but it seem like love was his downfall.