Thread: Yu Zheng exposed by netizens for plaigarizing, nicknamed him as Copycat Yu (于抄抄)

Default Yu Zheng exposed by netizens for plaigarizing, nicknamed him as Copycat Yu (于抄抄)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/sehseh2/33a13a80ca29aff662d1f14dbdb5c758.jpg')

Dubbed the "Golden Scriptwriter of Mainland China", Yu Zheng have written the scripts of many popular series. However, he also cannot stop dissociating himself from TVB, whom he had worked as contracted scriptwriter in the past.

Apart his series 《大清后宫》'Concubines of the Qing Emperor' was suspected of plagiarizing TVB 'War & Beauty', netizens noticed that 13 scenes from the 18 mins trailer of his new series 《贤妻良母》mirrored TVB 'Moonlight Resonance'. The plot also started with husband snatcher, broken family. Even the classic scenes is similar. Therefore netizens nicknamed him as Yu Chao Chao (Copycat Yu)

A netizen '烟花一朵' said: "Yu Zheng, who have a history of plagiarizing, completely copies everything this time." Back then, Yu Zheng explained that he did not plagiarize in 《大清后宫》 and said that: "I exchange my life for my works." Netizen '远山红叶雪' retorted: "You said you use your life to exchange for your works, I say you use your lifetime to plagiarize."

At this, reporter manage to get in contact with the person-in-charge of Yu Zheng's company Yeung Wah. He indicates: "At the moment we are not clear about what netizens said. Yu Zheng will go to Beijing soon for 《锁清秋》fans meeting, he will clarify on this issue then."

Translated from Sohu news
    http://yule.sohu.com/20090618/n264597060.shtml

Chu Liu Xiang plagiarizing Dance of Passion
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/sehseh2/Img264597061.jpg')

Netizens compared Yu Zheng series scenes with TVB using screencaps. Notice that the copycat version is 90% similar in scene and dialogue.

More 'evidence' here:

Tianya thread
    http://www.tianya.cn/publicforum/con.../1496808.shtml
    Many screencaps comparison

His newest released series 《锁清秋》copying TVB Gentle Reflections.
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=594445793
    p.s. really blatant copying here
    Last edited by sehseh; 06-19-09 at 05:31 AM. Reason: edit details

In May 2009, a netizen criticized Yu Zheng copying various series in his/her blog.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4a417beb0100dlvp.html

Yu Zheng went to his/her blog and claimed that his work is original and how hard he worked for it. He also claimed that "China is a lawful country and if I plagiarized, why no one is suing me?" He also insinuated that the blog writer is defaming him and he can sue him/her.

Talk about shameless and thick-skinned.
    Last edited by sehseh; 06-19-09 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    In May 2009, a netizen criticized Yu Zheng copying various series in his/her blog.

Yu Zheng went to his/her blog and claimed that his work is original and how hard he worked for it. He also claimed that "China is a lawful country and if I plagiarized, why no one is suing me?" He also insinuated that the blog writer is defaming him and he can sue him/her.

Agree. Copying is one think. Lots of movies and series got ideas from other source. TVB also copied a lot. But, they are never so shameless as to insist that all their work are original, treaten to sue people who point out the copying and act melodramatic by writing stuff like 'I use my life to exchange my writing'.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Meh to the story. Just take a look at the movies and shows around and the vast majority of them are just copycat movies with different changes. This dude was just too lazy to make any changes to guise his copycat style this time, I suppose.

What I do notice about entertainment reports is that they quote “netizens” pretty often. Seems to be more frequent than here in the States.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post

China is a piracy and imitation haven so of course he's free!

For now, anyway... hehe.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Banned

Default Yu Zheng exposed by netizens for plaigarizing, nicknamed him as Copycat Yu (于抄抄)

Meh to the story. Just take a look at the movies and shows around and the vast majority of them are just copycat movies with different changes. This dude was just too lazy to make any changes to guise his copycat style this time, I suppose.

What I do notice about entertainment reports is that they quote “netizens” pretty often. Seems to be more frequent than here in the States

He's copying again. The plotline of 宫锁心玉 is copied Tong Hua's 步步惊心 and he's being sued by Tangren Entertainment who actually bought the legal rights to 步步惊心. But I'd still watch both series.

I don't care for him because he only gives his classmate Yan Kuan itty bitty parts or overblown-tragic villian-who never gets the girl-and then dies at the end roles....

That's enough to fall from my good graces.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I don't care for him because he only gives his classmate Yan Kuan itty bitty parts or overblown-tragic villian-who never gets the girl-and then dies at the end roles....

That's enough to fall from my good graces.
    rofl rofl, come to think of it, that's pretty true. he's either a cameo that's not very important, or the villian.

as for copying from other scenes ~ bleh, its called 'inspired' ^___^ he was soooooooo inspired he must insert it into his own script.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    He's copying again. The plotline of 宫锁心玉 is copied Tong Hua's 步步惊心 and he's being sued by Tangren Entertainment who actually bought the legal rights to 步步惊心. But I'd still watch both series.
    He should have just continued copying from TVB instead of other sources. TVB won't sue him because TVB is also guilty of copying other people's work without paying.
    I think he's so used to copying and getting away with it, he never thought one day he would be sued.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-13-10 at 09:13 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩