Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Yeah, who care about a child molester/rapist.

He admitted that he slept with many many boys. Who in the world with common sense would believe that he didn't do anything.
    When was this??Do you have proof that he did??? I have never once heard any news about him ever admitting it. I have seen people put words into his mouth during interviews and stuff... First of all, no one knows the whole truth. Like I have said, IF he really did, I honestly don't think he would have been dropped of ALL charges.... He also did a lot of good for the world as well so I think we should give him credit for that as well...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Here comes the circus of sheep & their "outpouring of grief" for someone they don't know from a bar of soap.

Yeah the guy was a great entertainer, but the typical reaction to the news of his passing has been way over the top.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Here comes the circus of sheep & their "outpouring of grief" for someone they don't know from a bar of soap.

Yeah the guy was a great entertainer, but the typical reaction to the news of his passing has been way over the top.
    You're clearly not a musician, are you?
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Just showing off he's not a sheep...

(Just to make things clear - I'm not saying that everyone is obliged to mourn or anything of the sort...)
    Last edited by Cesare; 06-27-09 at 02:57 PM.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

The world is sad because there'd never be another like him.

On a personal note, not even Elvis or The Beatles' death affected me like this. I wasn't much of a MJ fan, but I always felt magic in his songs, not the popular hits, but more of his ballads and 'The Way You make Me Feel.' His songs are so much more decent that most created today for commercial value. His voice takes me to another dimension only imagination could know.

MJ's dancing, performance style and techniques is truly one of a kind. A world will pass before another like him comes along, and by another, I mean someone who will attain his level of achievements, but won't be like him, for MJ is only unique.

He left because we don't deserve his genius anymore. When he's alive, we judged him, criticized him and laughed at him. Now, we'll never see him again.

Actually, MJ said that he shared his bed with the kids. He never admitted a sexual relationship with them. I'm pretty sure he touched those kids, but it seemed out of his vision of pure love. He's not the type of person who'd abide by social convention, just because others said he can't do it.

He'll always be remembered.

"MJ's dancing, performance style and techniques is truly one of a kind."
    i can't agree more.
    *sigh. RIP Michael. <3 You will truly be missed
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post

On a personal note, not even Elvis or The Beatles' death affected me like this. I wasn't much of a MJ fan, but I always felt magic in his songs, not the popular hits, but more of his ballads and 'The Way You make Me Feel.' His songs are so much more decent that most created today for commercial value. His voice takes me to another dimension only imagination could know.

MJ's dancing, performance style and techniques is truly one of a kind. A world will pass before another like him comes along, and by another, I mean someone who will attain his level of achievements, but won't be like him, for MJ is only unique.

He left because we don't deserve his genius anymore. When he's alive, we judged him, criticized him and laughed at him. Now, we'll never see him again.

Actually, MJ said that he shared his bed with the kids. He never admitted a sexual relationship with them. I'm pretty sure he touched those kids, but it seemed out of his vision of pure love. He's not the type of person who'd abide by social convention, just because others said he can't do it.

Well said. In addition, it's well documented that MJ is the most charitable musician in the history of mankind. His generous support for 39 charities deserves applause and our remembrance.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Well said. In addition, it's well documented that MJ is the most charitable musician in the history of mankind. His generous support for 39 charities deserves applause and our remembrance.
    Totally agree!! I think that it is sad that people don't even want to give him credit for the good things that he did, but just go on and on about how he molests kids when you don't even know the whole story. IF you did not give him credit when he was alive, I can understand that to an extent. However, he is now dead and you still go on and on about his negative traits without giving him any credit for any of his positive traits.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post

VERY well said Nefertari!! I don't think I could have said it better...

RIP MJ!
    You will be missed.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

It's a media circus now, and stories that MJ's kids are not his kids are popping out.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

One of the greatest musicians of our time has past. I don't know him personally, but seeing some of his songs made me appreciate his music even more. He produced some amazing material - nothing of today can really match the style, authenticity or wow factor of his music. I don't know if there will be another singer of MJ's calibre. In some way, I hope there would never be another, because this man was one of a kind and deserves to be remembered as one of the best musos around this century.

Those of you saying he's a child molester - I used to think the same way, but then I thought back and realized just how closed-minded I was being. Who has the right to say the accusations were worth anything? The truth of the matter is that those late accusations amounted to NOTHING in court. In the end there's no definitive proof of him having any sexual relations with those children. In Australia, we have a saying and it goes, "INNOCENT until proven GUILTY".
    Last edited by Sourplum; 06-29-09 at 06:52 AM.

rip to mj
    i used to think he was a child molester as well but i think i was just like any other and follow what the media gives us and not search what the real deal was. Given what the fact offers i believe he just enjoys the company of children around him. He started working since his 5 years old and his work was his childhood. I believe that he built neverland so that he can see what it is like to have a childhood that he never had and to enjoy it as much or more to see kids have fun. People pay to spend a day with a superstar and here is an example where the superstar invites u to have fun at the neverland ranch for free and he gets ridicule. how can something be so positive turn into something so negative, he spent millions of dollar so that kids can have fun and BS is what he gets in return.

here is a pretty good interview with mj on Oprah
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TKLI...axa_popt00us03
    Last edited by Crazy8; 06-29-09 at 09:05 AM.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    Please, don't give me the "karma" argument. Karma doesn't work like that, and if it does, it sucks. You clearly know nothing about Michael Jackson's life and are only pouncing on the one negative thing that the media keeps focusing on (that may not even be true).
    You are right. If karma works like that, it sucks. I'm tired of hearing people giving baseless accusations and judgments. I hate being judged, so I try my best not to judge others. Maybe it's karma that made the greedy parents send their children to someone who's known to be a 'weirdo', and is now living off the millions from him. Life is fair when you made shrewd 'investment' decisions like pimping your child.

I'm not exactly a fan of MJ, but I love a lot of his songs. We were in our teens when MJ held the HIStory tour, and he came to Malaysia for the first time. He was HUGE even then, although it's been 10 yrs since Thriller. Our family bought the HIStory CD, our first, and I believe, last CD (before the advent of pirates). He really seemed to create his own genre of music, cos I can't imagine anybody else being able to sing his songs (with all the 'aw's and 'come on').

I'm really sorry to read about his hard life, and sorrier that it had to be that way for him to produce such great music to be enjoyed by all. I've been waiting for this day to come, since I read about him predicting his own early death. But he didn't die then, so I kept wondering if he was going to commit suicide. I'm glad he didn't. I thought I won't feel much if he died since I don't fit into the criteria of a 'fan', but when he did, I almost feel grief...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    rip to mj
    i used to think he was a child molester as well but i think i was just like any other and follow what the media gives us and not search what the real deal was. Given what the fact offers i believe he just enjoys the company of children around him. He started working since his 5 years old and his work was his childhood. I believe that he built neverland so that he can see what it is like to have a childhood that he never had and to enjoy it as much or more to see kids have fun. People pay to spend a day with a superstar and here is an example where the superstar invites u to have fun at the neverland ranch for free and he gets ridicule. how can something be so positive turn into something so negative, he spent millions of dollar so that kids can have fun and BS is what he gets in return.
    I never truly believed all the accusation. At that time, I thought those who sued him were just trying to get money from him. I mean, if they win, they will get huge sum of compensation.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I never truly believed all the accusation. At that time, I thought those who sued him were just trying to get money from him. I mean, if they win, they will get huge sum of compensation.
    Sadly, I think MJ kind of made it easier for the accusations to slip in because of his obsession with cosmetic surgeries. It freaked people out, and it makes him all the more vulnerable, especially against the public.

I believe he's at least got some mental issues. Not exactly crazy, but his obsession with the cosmetic surgeries seem to be some sort of mental sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I totally agree and I never really believed all of the accusations either. Even my parents did not and supported Micheal Jackson all the way. THey kept on saying that they were just accusing him because they wanted his money which I think was probably true. Like you said, if they did win the case against him, they would have gotten a lot of money...

People, this is touching. The BET Awards clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEx_LjUjyTs

i like " we are the world" and "I'll be there"

everyone look like a smurf in the video
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Everybody said it well. Never underestimate greediness of people. Nowadays teachers and counselors in schools have to keep their door open if they're counseling students to protect themselves against possible false accusations of molestation etc.

My fav MJ songs are: Man in the Mirror, Black or White, Ben, Heal the World, Will you be there, Smile, We are the World.

My fav mv is Black or White. After all these years, it is still better than most mvs out there. I especially love the part with the Indian girl. Great choreography and chemistry with dancer!!