Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson is dead

One sobering thought: Jackson's health was supposedly poor during the past year or two, so it wasn't outside the realm of possibility that had he not died on June 25, this series of performances might have killed him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac View Post
    Basically you think I don't care if he dies or not after his performance. That's pretty heartless.
    Yes, that's exactly what I think, and it's FULLY-BASED ON YOUR OWN WORDS.

You did not even reply to your words which I quoted. You were the one who spoke heartless words, so why blame me for my view?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    One sobering thought: Jackson's health was supposedly poor during the past year or two, so it wasn't outside the realm of possibility that had he not died on June 25, this series of performances might have killed him anyway.
    I've had my suspicions right from the start on whether he could pull it off... 'cos for concerts, MJ's not getting younger and one could only worry about his health and stamina. Yet for any regular person, 50 is still pretty young.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

LOL I think you guys are being a little hard on Mini T. Although it sounds that way in his post......one could give him the benefit of the doubt and actually make out what he was really trying to say. Basically, his thoughts were, If Michael had to die, it would have been a blessing to us all if he had given that last concert first.

Sometimes feelings arent accurately described in writing.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

yeah, i'm sure when Mini-T wrote that, he wasn't thinking "omg omg at least perform for US one last time before you DIE; then it wouldn't be too "BAD" because we got to hear/see you one last time."
    chances are, Mini-T doesn't even have the tickets to one of the 50 concerts in London since he lives in the land down under.

anyways. although MJ's health has been very poor in recent years, his death was still extremely shocking to me (and the rest of the world) he's been in the DL lately,.. no news of him going "crazy" or tabloids of him in US Weekly, etc.. then all of a sudden OUT OF THE BLUE when you LEAST expects it... you hear it that he's dead i didn't even hear it "personally".. i was shopping at the mall when the co-workers in the store were talking about it and i happened to walk by their convo.

and seriously, it's selfish and guilty of me to say this, but i'd wish he had fallen sick/weak a few days before and have it be all over the news. that way, people..EVERYONE, would be more mentally prepared for what's to come and we'd have our last chance to show our prayers/condolences/appreciation to him. but as someone mentioned before, when he was alive, we laughed and criticized him so the world doesn't deserve his genius anymore. now he's taken away from us for good. we can feel all the guilt in the world and shed as many tears as we can but he'll never come back.. we really don't appreciate what or who we have until they're gone. no words can describe how PITIFUL it is that he is only recognized and rememberd AFTER his passing..

**p.s. i heard that he was only agreeing to do 10 shows in London but was FORCED by his managers to do 50.
    really now?? FIFTY SHOWS?!
    Last edited by kay &!*; 07-07-09 at 12:13 AM.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    LOL I think you guys are being a little hard on Mini T. Although it sounds that way in his post......one could give him the benefit of the doubt and actually make out what he was really trying to say. Basically, his thoughts were, If Michael had to die, it would have been a blessing to us all if he had given that last concert first.

Sometimes feelings arent accurately described in writing.
    Yeah thanks, thats pretty much what i meant but wrote it abit differently. OOps my bad!

ANyways im too poor of a student to own a MJ concert ticket. Actually i can't even afford a decent Jay Chou ticket. Its a whooping $1500 for full VIP ticket.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac View Post
    Yeah thanks, thats pretty much what i meant but wrote it abit differently. OOps my bad!

ANyways im too poor of a student to own a MJ concert ticket. Actually i can't even afford a decent Jay Chou ticket. Its a whooping $1500 for full VIP ticket.
    Is that for MJ's concert? That's one rich ticket.

I just watched the entire Michael Jackson's Memorial Service on TV. It was truly heartfelt and inspiring. No matter what the truth of the Michael's Scandals were, it's over and done with now.

No one has the right to judge him any more. The memorial service with all the singers, poem, speeches and everything--they all came from the heart. It was a great farewell.

I remember that "We are the World" song. I think I might've been in 2nd grade or somewhere in elementary school when they had so many stars and singers singing it.

Thinking back, days before MJ died, I heard his songs playing at a restaraunt I ate at, I never would've thought he'd be gone days later. And I never knew he lived in L.A. when I was there. They had some awesome speakers at his memorial service and I liked what Maya Angelou wrote.

May he rest in peace.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-07-09 at 04:49 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

There will always be the records and the videos.

Michael Jackson, the man, is gone.

MICHAEL JACKSON, the Legend, however, is only getting started...

i managed to hold myself until Marlon and Paris Jackson made their speeches towards the end
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

These past few days have been truly moving for me to watch and hear the true stories of Michael Jackson--the real MJ--a lifelong philanthropist and humanitarian whose love for children was both exceptional and poignant (in the sense that he so wanted to, but did not have, a normal childhood).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

The more I've read about Michael Jackson during the past week or so, the less I believe that he really committed those acts of child molestation that he was accused of. It's still *possible*, but something just doesn't add up about it.

A few weeks ago, I was about 50/50 on whether or not he had done those things, but now, I'm leaning 80/20 against his having done them.

I cried too.. So touching when Paris expressed her love for her late father... So sad...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    These past few days have been truly moving for me to watch and hear the true stories of Michael Jackson--the real MJ--a lifelong philanthropist and humanitarian whose love for children was both exceptional and poignant (in the sense that he so wanted to, but did not have, a normal childhood).
    I totally agree and I feel sad for him that many still believe that he molested all of those kids that he was accused of. I personally find it hard to believe that he did all of those things when he has such a genuine heart and love for children(even for children that were not his own children).I think it is also amazing that he is able to express his love for children and the needy even when he himself did not have a normal and loving childhood like children should have.. RIP Micheal, you will be greatly missed....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The more I've read about Michael Jackson during the past week or so, the less I believe that he really committed those acts of child molestation that he was accused of. It's still *possible*, but something just doesn't add up about it.

A few weeks ago, I was about 50/50 on whether or not he had done those things, but now, I'm leaning 80/20 against his having done them.
    I just think it is so sad that the people that did not support him when he was being accused of those charges are now stepping forward and defending him. Where were they when he needed their help and support during those tough times?? I think it is really sad that people don't know how to value and appreciate someone when they are still around. BUT when they die, everyone acts like they care so much. Why can't someone appreciate and value someone when they are still around?? We can cry all we want now but Micheal will NEVER come back... I guess the world does not deserve him anymore... I hope he is in a better place now....
    Last edited by Trinie; 07-09-09 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I cried too.. So touching when Paris expressed her love for her late father... So sad...
    His children are all so beautiful.

And Paris' speech was very touching too. Hearts to her.

No one can replace MJ ?

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5fozjFlLW4&
    http://www.wuxiasociety.org/forum (Your gateway to the global wuxia discussion on web)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfeet View Post
    No one can replace MJ ?

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5fozjFlLW4&
    that statement still stands.
    doesnt have the smoothness MJ had. MJ sings and dances at the same time, not many can do that.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post

On another note....after seeing his kids on tv...do you think MJ is the biological father? I dont think so...but I guess all that mattered was him loving and raising them as his own.
    Yep... I really think it doesn't matter whether they are biological or not, because he was and had been a father to them, and they had been his children to him. All their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Yep... I really think it doesn't matter whether they are biological or not, because he was and had been a father to them, and they had been his children to him. All their lives.
    Totally agree because he really loved them and treated them like his own. Therefore, it honestly does not matter if he was their biological father or not. The love that he showed them and the love that they have for him is just simply touching...

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I thought that was obvious...
    Oh yea, that was obvious... Why did I ever question that??? I think I am not thinking right today....