Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brilliant Legacy / Shining Inheritance

Default Brilliant Legacy / Shining Inheritance

I don't know if this has been made, but I couldn't find it, therefore, I've decided to post up a new thread.

Anyways, I've been hooked to this drama for a while. Han Hyo Joo blew me away with her awesome acting skills. She has surely improved compared to 'Spring Waltz'. I wasn't impressed at all with Spring Waltz, so I doubted myself for her new drama, but she has proven me wrong.

Even the new cast, Lee Seung Gi made it worthwhile to continue watching. I'm sure this will make him much more popular, since he's also a singer. At first, he looked a bit awkward, but he completely changed my perspective as the episodes went by. Gosh, his dimple is a killer!

The supporting casts are also well developed.

The whole plot within each episode makes me thirst for more! For some, it might be slow in the beginning, however, don't hesitate to continue! It's worth it , because the storyline makes a lot of sense and everyone is PRETTY much straightforward. There's no u-turn or coming back around and around.

I personally love Han Hyo Joo's character in this one because she's so optimistic that perhaps it even makes you joyful just seeing her smile.

I recommend everyone to watch it .

For more information visit:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shining_Inheritance

The ratings are pretty high!

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shining_In...pisode_Ratings

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/rarjpf.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i44.tinypic.com/11udvyh.jpg')
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 06-28-09 at 03:52 PM.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I'd prefer Jun Se over Hwan (Lee Seung Gi). I don't know what the heck is with Hwan. I just started about 2 episodes in the series. I don't like the stepmother and the stepdaughter doesn't seem as bad as her mother, just kinda weak (always have to listen to her mother).

click to show/hide spoilers
    Wow. I guess it's a good thing that the dad really didn't die, but Eun Sung has to go through all this emotional distress because she thought he had died and then her brother will go missing? Talk about the worst luck. I guess she does get reunited with them later?

I missed the end of episode 2, why did the stepmother take Eun Woo away without telling Eun Sung about it? Eun Sung is worried sick about her brother. That's horrible thing to do!
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-12-09 at 02:31 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yes, it does seem Han Hyo Joo has improved a lot with her acting. I don't know how people like Spring Waltz, the story was a bore and Han Hyo Joo was a bore. I'm glad she improved. She looked so frail and demure in Spring Waltz, her character here Go Eun Sung is a stronger character.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I am so annoyed by Hwan's mother, Young Ran, and sister, Jung. They're so spoiled and greedy. They can't even work or be useful to people. They only like to serve themselves and satisfy their own needs. Hwan is no different, but at least he has more sense than them. I am soooooooooooo sick of their whining and selfish talk. They are truly parasites.

And it's only in a Korean drama where Eun Sung is so close to meeting her father and brother again but for some sadistic reason they can't meet.

Seung Mi's mother is a bit**!

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    the story was a bore and Han Hyo Joo was a bore.
    The director of Four Seasons series wanted his last one to be not as depressing and sad as the previous three.

I'm glad she improved. She looked so frail and demure in Spring Waltz
    She was 19 and a total newbie; basically the last minute replacement after Sung Yuri bailed out at the last minute due to the dispute over the casting of male lead(Sung Yuri's management firm wanted a package casting with another actor represented by them, and replace the male lead.) The director refused, and Sung Yuri quit. And you can see her inexperience from shooting her first TV series. Sung Yuri did make up for Spring Waltz controversy with The Snow Queen, produced by the Four Season series director(But not directed).

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    The director of Four Seasons series wanted his last one to be not as depressing and sad as the previous three.
    Haha, talk about the last one being supremely depressing because I had to go through the horrible drama, only ending up being disappointed .
    -

I'd prefer Jun Se over Hwan (Lee Seung Gi). I don't know what the heck is with Hwan. I just started about 2 episodes in the series. I don't like the stepmother and the stepdaughter doesn't seem as bad as her mother, just kinda weak (always have to listen to her mother).

Wow. I guess it's a good thing that the dad really didn't die, but Eun Sung has to go through all this emotional distress because she thought he had died and then her brother will go missing? Talk about the worst luck. I guess she does get reunited with them later?

I missed the end of episode 2, why did the stepmother take Eun Woo away without telling Eun Sung about it? Eun Sung is worried sick about her brother. That's horrible thing to do!
    I felt like that about Junse Oppa too, but it's only the beginning .

Blehh, you'll get annoyed of Seung Mi real quickly ... not because she's a bit** like her mom, but she doesn't have a brain to decide for herself.

Every Korean dramas add in a cliche or a very predictable ending, so yes, the answer must be obvious . Happy ending, I'm guessing!

Well, basically the stepmother wanted to get rid of Eun Woo so that Eun Sung can suffer even more. She's simply a perplexing devil (talk about a contradiction) that just wants to mess up other people's lives. I believe it was also because she was afraid that Seung Mi might still be attached with Eun Sung and Eun Woo.
    -

while Junse is an eye candy. The real star is Hwan. I was amazed that he can really act. The fact that he makes you hate him at the beginning and love him along the way shows you show how convincing of a character is.

I always loved Lee Seung Gi before as a singer. He continues to amazes me of how talented he is. Not only is he smart, sings great, nice guy, now a actor.

As for Seung Mi,i feel korean dramas are always the second girl crazily stupid about a guy or extremely evil. Getting repetitive dont you think!

Overall, Lee seung gi is the best thing that happened to this drama.

As for Han Hyo Joo, she's cute. I seen her act before i dont think this role is that much different from her other roles. It's one of those roles that can easily be play by any actress but she looks so cute with Hwan.

hi..emm..i also think that lee seung gi is a good actor..

i hate seung mi, but she really can cry, i felt sad when she was
    crying and begging to eun song for hwan

OK, the show's over.

Well, nothing drastic here.

- Eun Sung's family(father, Eun Sung, and her brother) finally reunited.
    - The stepmother and her daughter apologize for their misdeeds, ruturn the money to Eun Sung's father, leave town and settle down in a small town far away.
    - Eun Sung refuses to take the granny's fortune. In return, she donates all her fortune to charities and to company employees.
    - Eun Sung decides to leave Korea and continue her study.
    - Sun Woo Hwan demands that Eun Sung stay with him. Eun Sung promises to return with a kiss.
    - Jun Se moves to the seaside town and opens a restaurant there.

OK, the show's over.

Well, nothing drastic here.

- Eun Sung's family(father, Eun Sung, and her brother) finally reunited.
    - The stepmother and her daughter apologize for their misdeeds, ruturn the money to Eun Sung's father, leave town and settle down in a small town far away.
    - Eun Sung refuses to take the granny's fortune. In return, she donates all her fortune to charities and to company employees.
    - Eun Sung decides to leave Korea and continue her study.
    - Sun Woo Hwan demands that Eun Sung stay with him. Eun Sung promises to return with a kiss.
    - Jun Se moves to the seaside town and opens a restaurant there.
    Romance K-dramas are expected to be predictable and safe.
    Nothing drastic. I would've expected Seung Mi to die, so that her mother would really regret her actions and her greed.

Romance K-dramas are expected to be predictable and safe.
    Not necessarily. Recall classics like Autumn Tale, Winter Sonata, Summer Scent, Stairway to Heaven, Sad Sonata, etc???

Nothing drastic. I would've expected Seung Mi to die, so that her mother would really regret her actions and her greed.
    It was the stepmom who wanted to jump off the roof. Seung Mi begged her not to and start over far away from Seoul.

Not necessarily. Recall classics like Autumn Tale, Winter Sonata, Summer Scent, Stairway to Heaven, Sad Sonata, etc???

It was the stepmom who wanted to jump off the roof. Seung Mi begged her not to and start over far away from Seoul.
    My point exactly. They don't do it like that anymore. They don't do sad (ending) romantic dramas much anymore.

Yes. I know the stepmom/mom was going to jump off the roof. But I WAS saying that it would've been appropriate to have Seung Mi die and make her mom realize how wrong she has been and regret her cruel actions. I don't believe she was doing it purely for her daughter. She had her own agenda that she hoped to benefit mostly herself.

My point exactly. They don't do it like that anymore. They don't do sad (ending) romantic dramas much anymore.

Yes. I know the stepmom/mom was going to jump off the roof. But I WAS saying that it would've been appropriate to have Seung Mi die and make her mom realize how wrong she has been and regret her cruel actions. I don't believe she was doing it purely for her daughter. She had her own agenda that she hoped to benefit mostly herself.

Yes, the ending was quite simple, but I admit that it was better than most dramas nowadays.

What would be the good in killing off one of the characters anyway? That'd be too melodramatic n'est ce pas?
    I actually thought the ending was well done. There wasn't any confusion anywhere and I'm glad that they didn't have to rush it.

Hopefully, there will be another drama as good as this one because I haven't seen one in a while!

I'm so sad that it's over ! Gosh, the casts did a magnificent job!
    -

I wanna see this drama sooo badly It looks promising!

Yeah, at first I didn't get why the stepmother took Eun Woo away. But then I realize it's because he's not as dumb as she thought he was. He memorized her phone number and new apartment number, so if he met Eun Sung again, they might find their way to stepmother's new pretty apartment and then take back the money that was rightfully theirs (if their father did die).

The stepmother was a very very terrible and cruel lady, but she did drop off Eun Woo at her own village where she knew he would be taken care of. Though at the end, I still felt that she didn't really regret all the wrongs that she had committed.

Overall the series was pretty darn good. The cast was good, and I'd say the best actor goes to the actor who plays Eun Woo. The kid was very convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    Yes, the ending was quite simple, but I admit that it was better than most dramas nowadays.

What would be the good in killing off one of the characters anyway? That'd be too melodramatic n'est ce pas?
    I actually thought the ending was well done. There wasn't any confusion anywhere and I'm glad that they didn't have to rush it.

Hopefully, there will be another drama as good as this one because I haven't seen one in a while!

I'm so sad that it's over ! Gosh, the casts did a magnificent job!
    Have you try "Family Honour" aka "Glory of Family"? It is better than Shining Inheritance !

I haven't seen a great kdrama that i've enjoyed so much as Family Honour. It rekindle my interest in Korean Drama again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen*Angel View Post
    Have you try "Family Honour" aka "Glory of Family"? It is better than Shining Inheritance !

I haven't seen a great kdrama that i've enjoyed so much as Family Honour. It rekindle my interest in Korean Drama again.
    I shall try and watch it sometime. Thank you for the recommendation .
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen*Angel View Post

You are right. Family Honor is a great and meaningful show. Love the cute couple Park Shi Hoo and Yoon Jung Hee.

If I ever watch Shining Inheritance, I guess it's because of Bae Soo Bin. Don't really like Lee Seung Ki, don't find him good-looking at all. Probably give this show a miss then.