Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help on restoring files!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    If anything happens to your hard drive (knock wood) you can say goodbye to your files as well. You should keep a copy of the files away from your PC (CD, DVD, external hard disk, etc) if they are important, just in case.
    they're not that important. just stuff i do for photoshop. it's just not important enough for me to save anything on a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    they're not that important. just stuff i do for photoshop. it's just not important enough for me to save anything on a CD.
    Haha, but important enough for you to spend time trying to get them back from your hard disk ;-)

I invested in a box that is capable to store 4 hard disks maximum. Got my first 1Tb hard drive into it to back up all my stuff. Digital photos in RAW format take quite a lot of space. :-(
    Last edited by Eagle; 08-03-09 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Haha, but important enough for you to spend time trying to get them back from your hard disk ;-)

I invested in a box that is capable to store 4 hard disks maximum. Got my first 1Tb hard drive into it to back up all my stuff. Digital photos in RAW format take quite a lot of space. :-(
    yes, if i could get them back for FREE, i'll get them back. if not then i can just start collecting again.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    my 15months+ of selecting images is going to go down the drain!
    Unfortunately, I just lost about 4 years of pictures. That was when I started taking pictures. All my personal pictures, from every trip, every event, are gone.

I'll try some restoration software. Maybe this was a sign that I should forget about the past and start a new life (because indeed there is something I couldn't let go until now and the biggest record of it is in pictures, and now the pictures are gone).
    Last edited by PJ; 01-11-10 at 01:09 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

oh PJ, i don't know how to respond to that post. i'm not sure if you're sad or happy that you lost your pictures.