Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing Moments in your life

Quote Originally Posted by Huumanshadow View Post
    high school, in PE we were stretching and while i was in the position of spreading my legs and hand reaching down, a girl was walking behind me and trip on something and landed on my back forcing me to do a complete split. I was crying my eyes out covering between my legs and the teacher and a few guys had to carry me to the nurse office....for months i was known as the 'guy who did the split'. and for the rest of my high school life, once a while someone would remember my face and ask me, 'hey you're the guy that did the split right?'
    I think I've seen that in a show or movie before. Heh. Before I read the sentence that identified you as a guy. I thought it was kinda weird that it would take some guys and a teacher to carry you to the nurse's office. Yeah, so you must be a guy because it would only take a guy to carry a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Don't be *too* sure it's all "over."

All over you, all over me
    the sun, the fields, the sky
    I've often tried to hold the sea,
    the sun, the fields, the tide

Pay me now, lay me down
    Pay me now, pay me now
    Lay me down. lay me down. lay me down

All over you, all over me
    All over you, all over me, yeh
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    However, many of the high school drama is over. Even if we experience the same humiliating problems, I think we've become mature enough to take steps to avoid it or just not care about them.
    I used to think so too...had ironclad faith that such was the case.

The past two years have shaken my faith to the core.

I used to think so too...had ironclad faith that such was the case.

The past two years have shaken my faith to the core.
    That is because you have some unresolved issues; therefore, it will continue to come back and haunt you. There's always choices, Ken. Make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    That is because you have some unresolved issues; therefore, it will continue to come back and haunt you.
    Once a person has exposed himself/herself as being flawed and vulnerable, the world will never forget...or forgive. Once a person has proved himself/herself less than perfect, especially after having been proud of believing himself/herself to be such for a long time, he/she will never forget...or forgive.

Once a person has exposed himself/herself as being flawed and vulnerable, the world will never forget...or forgive. Once a person has proved himself/herself less than perfect, especially after having been proud of believing himself/herself to be such for a long time, he/she will never forget...or forgive.
    I don't agree with that at all. I think it depends on the situation. Even though the world may not forget, they will learn to forgive.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I don't agree with that at all. I think it depends on the situation. Even though the world may not forget, they will learn to forgive.
    One just need to learn and open itself and trust the possibility that if luv can *trap* you in an unending free-fall into the abyss of despair, another luv can also set you free, lifting you into the sunset....

One just need to keep trying, for how many times you fall, keep moving, keep trying, steadfastly never give up, never surrender...

I know it's the cheesiest posts ever, but trust me it's true. You just never know *what* you can found out there, unless you try. You prolly fall again into a miserable state, but that is life, it's a boring life without miserable or despair.

Happiness is a precious thing. It will not be worth it if you get it so easy...

Just a general statement (not directed at anyone in particular): let's not turn a potentially funny thread about embarrassing moments into some emo whiny thread. If something's bothering you in your life, do some introspection and do something about it to make your life better/more fulfilled/happier. Stop whining/*****ing about it on the Internet.

Anyway, embarrassing things that have happened to me:
    - I'm terrified of bees. So at a lunch at an outside patio with my co-workers, we were eating and talking, when suddenly a huge bee came towards us. Everyone else was fine, except for me, who jumped up screaming and running and backing into the next table's people. And I'm supposed to be a sort of manager-like person to some of the people I was with.
    - I was crossing the street on campus once, and tripped. I fell, and my glasses went flying onto the road. I'm pretty much blind without my glasses, so I panicked and grasped around for them. I finally found them, and after I put them on - I realized that for whatever reason, both of my shoes (they were pretty nicely tight-up sneakers) came off of my feet during my fall, and were lying at some distance away from me.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    You can't tell me you think as highly of me now as you did two years ago.

*I* don't even think as highly of myself as I did two years ago.

Being open and honest with oneself is more respectable than keeping a fake front, therefore one can even be regarded more highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor View Post
    Being open and honest with oneself is more respectable than keeping a fake front, therefore one can even be regarded more highly.
    I didn't *think* it was fake at the time.

Everything I believed I was for more than twenty years was wiped out...just like that.

What it exposed was that nothing had changed since 1988. Nothing. Everything I thought I had learned...every strength I thought I had gained. Just illusions.

I didn't *think* it was fake at the time.

Everything I believed I was for more than twenty years was wiped out...just like that.

What it exposed was that nothing had changed since 1988. Nothing. Everything I thought I had learned...every strength I thought I had gained. Just illusions.
    You are right. It has been an illusion. Many people still live in it and think it's real. You should give yourself some credit in coming to this realization. When we try to change ourself to mask our insecurities, we can end up growing up artificially and deceives ourself to believe that we have change. Only when we are honest with ourself completely, then our growth will be real.

You are right. It has been an illusion. Many people still live in it and think it's real. You should give yourself some credit in coming to this realization. When we try to change ourself to mask our insecurities, we can end up growing up artificially and deceives ourself to believe that we have change. Only when we are honest with ourself completely, then our growth will be real.
    I can't tell the real from the fake anymore, which is why I've come to trust no one...least of all myself.

I can't tell the real from the fake anymore, which is why I've come to trust no one...least of all myself.
    Starting from the bottom isn't a bad thing, you only can go one way that is up. I'm sure you will learn to trust again.

Starting from the bottom isn't a bad thing, you only can go one way that is up. I'm sure you will learn to trust again.
    I'm not so sure. The last time, I had youth and naivete on my side. I don't have either anymore.

It was hard enough to build those *fake* defenses even *with* youth and naivete.

I'm not so sure. The last time, I had youth and naivete on my side. I don't have either anymore.

It was hard enough to build those *fake* defenses even *with* youth and naivete.
    Those fake defenses of your youth and naivety was a mere hindrance to your progress. Now that you are freed of it, then you can finally start developing real trust in yourself. Things might seem hopeless at times but keep an open mind and have a little faith. Continue to be honest with yourself because honesty is the foundation of trust.

Those fake defenses of your youth and naivety was a mere hindrance to your progress. Now that you are freed of it, then you can finally start developing real trust in yourself. Things might seem hopeless at times but keep an open mind and have a little faith. Continue to be honest with yourself because honesty is the foundation of trust.
    All the supposed "gains" of the previous twenty years looked real enough at the time too, until the events of the past year and a half exposed them all (it's sort of like Madoff's Ponzi scheme, I guess). I'm wary of any "progress" because how would I ever know (until it's too late) whether it's real or fake?

All the supposed "gains" of the previous twenty years looked real enough at the time too, until the events of the past year and a half exposed them all (it's sort of like Madoff's Ponzi scheme, I guess). I'm wary of any "progress" because how would I ever know (until it's too late) whether it's real or fake?
    You will know it's real when it passes the test of time and trials. Don't think those past twenty years were wasted, you are not alone in coming to this realization, I have also. That's why wisdom is associated with age. I assure you this time things will be different. So for the moment, just be glad you are you again. Don't waste any more time thinking about the past, or worrying about the future, just focus on right now. You have a chance at a new start.. and that's a great thing. I think you are starting to get to know yourself, so keep that focus because happiness can only come from within.
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 09-12-09 at 03:46 AM.

You will know it's real when it passes the test of time and trials. Don't think those past twenty years were wasted, you are not alone in coming to this realization, I have also. That's why wisdom is associated with age. I assure you this time things will be different. So for the moment, just be glad you are you again. Don't waste any more time thinking about the past, or worrying about the future, just focus on right now. You have a chance at a new start.. and that's a great thing. I think you are starting to get to know yourself, so keep that focus because happiness can only come from within.
    It's sort of ironic that my "worst enemy" is offering the most benign suggestions I've seen to date.

Ken, people in this forum and the world is ready to forgive and forget. But are you ready to forget and forgive yourself? Perfection is a journey and never a destination. Once you come to terms with your 'failures' and flaws, change your frame of thought, that is one positive step towards perfection and recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    Just a general statement (not directed at anyone in particular): let's not turn a potentially funny thread about embarrassing moments into some emo whiny thread. If something's bothering you in your life, do some introspection and do something about it to make your life better/more fulfilled/happier. Stop whining/*****ing about it on the Internet.

Anyway, embarrassing things that have happened to me:
    - I'm terrified of bees. So at a lunch at an outside patio with my co-workers, we were eating and talking, when suddenly a huge bee came towards us. Everyone else was fine, except for me, who jumped up screaming and running and backing into the next table's people. And I'm supposed to be a sort of manager-like person to some of the people I was with.
    - I was crossing the street on campus once, and tripped. I fell, and my glasses went flying onto the road. I'm pretty much blind without my glasses, so I panicked and grasped around for them. I finally found them, and after I put them on - I realized that for whatever reason, both of my shoes (they were pretty nicely tight-up sneakers) came off of my feet during my fall, and were lying at some distance away from me.
    I blame the American health system. Don't they offer free, effective psychotherapy up north? Ok neither do Aus. How do you lose two fitted sneakers in a fall?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.