Thread: Temptation of Wife (k-drama)

Default Temptation of Wife (k-drama)

The plot summary sounds dramatic. Is this worth watching? Would anyone mind giving me spoilers to the ending and how this plot works out?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    The plot summary sounds dramatic. Is this worth watching? Would anyone mind giving me spoilers to the ending and how this plot works out?
    This show was an ultra super duper mega hit in Korea this year and pioneered a whole new drama genre called "trashy drama". I recall that it's getting something like 80% rating in Mongolia. Basically the Jerry Springer Show of Korean dramas. Nonetheless, this show can be extremely addicting once you get hooked in.

Plot : A submissive homely housewife gets his abusive husband stolen by her best friend since childhood. The love-blind husband drowns the wife at the sea and kills her unborn baby to be with his new mistress. But the housewife is rescued by a rich businesswoman and her adopted son, who adopts the housewife to take the place of his psychopathic daughter who killed herself at the very same spot, using her name and becoming her.

The homely housewife gets a total make over and vows to avenge by seducing her husband and destroying his household in the process. The husband, who is now married to his mistress, actually falls for the housewife and cheats on his mistress whom he just married 1 month ago. But that's not the end. By the time housewife gets her vengeance, the dead daughter returns from grave and bows to take vengeance against the housewife for stealing her life and the love of her life, her step brother. But the step brother who was never interested in the daughter has since fallen for the housewife and is caught in between two.

click to show/hide spoilers
    The ending : It is later found that the mistress has a terminal cancer. She decides to kill herself by jumping into the sea. The cheating husband try to stop her, but both gets drowned. The psychopathic daughter who marries her step brother with a suicide threat(I will kill myself again if you don't marry me) repents for her misdeeds and lets her stepbrother go, who then ends up with the housewife.