Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: True Power of QKDNY

Btw CC, a little more 'flying dagger' worship is up on the Bordertown translation thread
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    But it was in an internal energy competition; it wasn't as though they were physically 'stabbing' or 'striking through the air' with it. If concentrating the energy into a small area works against all martial arts instead of just 9 Yang, why is it that in every other case where we see a weak martial artist engaged in an internal energy competition with a strong one, they are always crushed?

For these people to be able to successfully use a 'concentrated Yin attack' against a much more powerful opponent who uses 9 Yang is a very strong indicator that this is a weakness of 9 Yang, otherwise anyone in an internal energy competition against a stronger foe should be able to do the same thing (and we never, ever see that).
    The way I see it, it's another instance of Zhang Wuji f*ck up, rather than a 9 Yang weakness.

When the Persians used the Bone-Piercing Needle (透骨针) to give Zhang Wuji a sharp pain, an analogy of a needle poking an elephant was made by the narrator. IMO, to overcome this, Zhang Wuji simply needed to shift the energies all over his body to the areas that need to be covered, and then he should overwhelm the Persians.

It didn't seem like they were capable of poking him randomly throughout the body. They only poked him in the chest, because that's where the Sacred Fire Tablets were pointed to, and they used that as the medium to inject the BPN. So he could have simply raised most of his energies to the chest, and not only would it cover his a$$, but it could even have the effect of pushing back on the opponents.

But instead, he stood there, thinking: "I can't just let them repeatedly strike me with this concentrated attack. But I don't know what to do."

!!!

Am I missing something?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Ah...........

If only Zhang Wuji had a Huang Rong to help him. Or, 16 years to master his kung fu.

He already was focusing his energies; it wasn't as though he was just standing there, defending, while they were attacking him freely. There were both channeling internal energy to attack each other, and indeed, Zhang Wuji was confident that he was going to win this internal energy competition. He attacked them with his internal energy, only for them to compress theirs into a thin, needle-like Yin energy which pierced straight through his. I'm pretty sure if he could have further 'strengthened' his internal energy, he would have, but there is a limit to the 'density' of internal energy he can focus in any one place, by the looks of which he had reached.

it seems to me that Zhang Wuji must be a real dumba$$ to not win a competition of internal energy with 3 people who each have probably 10% of his. It's really unbelievable.

I can understand if he lost on external techniques, since that's not his strength. But I can think of more than 1 way in which he could have destroyed the Persians in a competition of internal strength.

Yes, he was certain he would flatten them as well; that's why he was so caught off-guard and so shocked when they started to pinprick him to death with their cold Yin qi.

ZWJ was too nice.

At the end when ZWJ was fighting the three monks, they did lock in an internal energy battle. ZWJ had more internal, he could have gone all out against the 3 monks together, however, ZWJ gave them an out. They pulled back a bit. He pulled back a bit, they pulled back, he pulled back, on and on and then they split. At the end, the 3 monks bowed to ZWJ in respect, not only for ZWJ's superior internal, but also for ZWJ's compassion.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 08-10-09 at 05:58 PM.

He was kind, but kindness wasn't why he almost got wasted by those three scrubs...

Was there any instance of needle-like-yin energy attacking a 9 Yin user? It's not as if that ONLY works against Yang based energy. If ZWJ's internal has trouble, I would think anyone would.

He already was focusing his energies; it wasn't as though he was just standing there, defending, while they were attacking him freely. There were both channeling internal energy to attack each other, and indeed, Zhang Wuji was confident that he was going to win this internal energy competition. He attacked them with his internal energy, only for them to compress theirs into a thin, needle-like Yin energy which pierced straight through his. I'm pretty sure if he could have further 'strengthened' his internal energy, he would have, but there is a limit to the 'density' of internal energy he can focus in any one place, by the looks of which he had reached.
    Exactly, not everyone can focus their energies in a sharp concentrated attack. Otherwise, everyone capable of doing an LDA would be able to do a 6MSJ right?

JY made an analogy of the needle and the elephant. I think his point was that this was a special case. And anyone with 9 Yin or 9 Yang or Elephant Prana was going to be affected.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

The thing is, if you concentrate your internal energy and attack someone like pricking someone with a sharp needle, it would break anyone's internal energy defense.

Think of an egg. Cracking an egg at one point is much easier than trying to crack the entire egg shell all at once. It's like spreading out your army too thin to cover an entire area and then getting destroyed at one single point by a blitzkrieg.

Plus, with ZWJ, he admitted it himself, that a good thing with him involved in it would become bad, that he could and would screw up something that was going for him.

There is no evidence that a certain type of internal energy would be weak against another type. It's just a matter of how you apply your internal energy.
    Last edited by person135; 08-10-09 at 10:37 PM.

Yes, he was certain he would flatten them as well; that's why he was so caught off-guard and so shocked when they started to pinprick him to death with their cold Yin qi.
    I just can't imagine if Zhang Wuji utilized his internal energy properly, that he would not have overwhelmed the 3 Persians. He must not have utilized the 9 Yang inside his body to the maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by person135 View Post
    The thing is, if you concentrate your internal energy and attack someone like pricking someone with a sharp needle, it would break anyone's internal energy defense.
    And yet, the majestic blades of The God of Sword, The Sword of God, SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan slid off the mighty Xuzhu's robe like a piece of rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    And yet, the majestic blades of The God of Sword, The Sword of God, SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan slid off the mighty Xuzhu's robe like a piece of rubber.
    well first of all, zhuo bu fan sucks. He only has some OK skills with the sword. Secondly, I don't mean that a concentrated attack by anyone would work. There can't be that much of a difference between internal energies.

Note, the 3 emissaries were able to fend of XX with the dragon sabre and Zhao Ming with the Heaven sword, so their martial arts can't be very low.

plus, there is a reason why JY called 9Yin YIN 阴...

9 Yin, on the opposite hand, has never demonstrated any vulnerability, nor has it ever been described as being 'extremely Yin' in either LOCH or ROCH, or even in HSDS, except for the alleged comment by the Taoist/Confucian/Buddhist, which is why his interpretation of it is so suspect.
    how many times have you actually seen 9Yin in action before? GJ knows it but does he use it? No, he relies on it a little bit, only to modify his default fighting style, which is based off XL18Z.

ZBT doesnt use it. XLN & YG use it similarly to GJ, only to supplement their main fighting style.

I'm pretty sure if he could have further 'strengthened' his internal energy, he would have, but there is a limit to the 'density' of internal energy he can focus in any one place, by the looks of which he had reached.
    It didn't say that he actually tried to concentrate his internal energy into one area (which would have been his chest, where they struck). So he may have "forgotten".

But let's say he did concentrate his energy into his chest, and the defense didn't work. Surely he could have gotten offensive on them. There's no way 30% (or whatever) of internal energy can stand up to 100% of internal energy for more than a few seconds. By competing raw strength, he is bound to win. But he also "forgot".

Apparently he could still talk during their stall, which means he didn't use his maximum power. He couldn't talk during the fight with the 3 Du-generation monks.

Note, the 3 emissaries were able to fend of XX with the dragon sabre and Zhao Ming with the Heaven sword, so their martial arts can't be very low.
    And Zhang Wuji still sucks at fighting.

Umm yeah, and there is a reason why JY called 9 Yang YANG.

Your point?

Secondly, I don't mean that a concentrated attack by anyone would work. There can't be that much of a difference between internal energies.

It was repeated stated that the 3 Persians' internal energies were nowhere near the level of Zhang Wuji. I would guess each of them has no more than 5% to 10% of Zhang Wuji's internal energy.

Yeah sure the woman or little child can prick an elephant with a needle, but you know what's gonna happen next, right? Well firstly it's a friggin' needle, the elephant may not even give a sith. A needle in an elephant's arse is like a mozzie's bite to us. Secondly, Mr Elephant will either fart on the woman's head or sit on her, just to show her the power of extreme Yang over a lame Yin needle.

ZWJ's intention in that internal energy competition was to subdue the 3 emissaries, not to kill them. If he wanted to kill them, as soon as he was pissed off by the Yin energy "needle", he would go full power and blast them into pieces.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    And Zhang Wuji still sucks at fighting.

Umm yeah, and there is a reason why JY called 9 Yang YANG.

Your point?
    My point is that 9Yin is Yin in nature.

The 3 emissaries were able to fend of XX and Zhao Ming means that their martial arts can't be too far off. There's no way they are 5-10% of ZWJ's internal energy. Much higher.

Also, its very possible that ZWJ just messed up. He is the type of person who often takes a good situation and makes it a bad one. He admitted that himself.

Also, you are basing your arguments off of one single incident. In case you forgot, ZWJ also fought Zhou Zhi Ruo, who had a much higher supply of Yin Internal energy. ZWJ won that fight.

Well, now you say that ZWJ could defend himself against Zhou Zhi Ruo's Yin but non-needle like attacks and Zhou Zhi Ruo didnt focus her internal energy into a needle like attack. But that only goes to show that it's the nature of the attack (the focusing internal energy into a needle like assault), and not the type of internal energy that is being used. Hence, ZWJ messed up unexpectedly one because he just plain messed up, and two, mainly because they focused their energy to attack a single point.

for those who know how to read chinese:
    http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/54739059.html
    Last edited by person135; 08-11-09 at 12:12 AM.