Thread: Suggestion to Admin/Mods

Default Suggestion to Admin/Mods

i'm starting this thread because i've seen this happen many times where moderators would do something with the member's post(s), either deleting them or just moving it around. i for one would like to be informed when my post(s) get moved or deleted.

it just happened to dennis chan in the wuxia thread. even though the mod claims that his post was 'spam' i still think that it's required for the mods to private message a member if they've really spammed so that they don't repeat their offenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    I am asking you now, as a long standing member of this board, to make your intentions more clear, to notify us when you take an action such as deleting our posts. You don't have to embarrass us by posting in the thread; that's why there are Private Messages.

as for my case, some of my posts have gotten deleted and threads that i created were merged into one. without my knowledge. even though the threads that were merged were in the off topics section where we don't receive any post credits and i seriously didn't see why it was merged, i would still like to be informed if it was done. i'm not saying you can't do your thing if they are inappropriate or spam, but at least inform us of your actions.

thank you.
    Last edited by GuGu; 08-18-09 at 12:15 AM.

Noted.

We have a thread announcing merged threads and deleted threads in the announcement section.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    i'm starting this thread because i've seen this happen many times where moderators would do something with the member's post(s), either deleting them or just moving it around. i for one would like to be informed when my post(s) get moved or deleted.

it just happened to dennis chan in the wuxia thread. even though the mod claims that his post was 'spam' i still think that it's required for the mods to private message a member if they've really spammed so that they don't repeat their offenses.

as for my case, some of my posts have gotten deleted and threads that i created were merged into one. without my knowledge. even though the threads that were merged were in the off topics section where we don't receive any post credits and i seriously didn't see why it was merged, i would still like to be informed if it was done. i'm not saying you can't do your thing if they are inappropriate or spam, but at least inform us of your actions.

thank you.
    + 1
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

In vBulletin there's an option to leave redirects when moving or merging threads. These redirects can be permanent, or expiring after a set time.

Umm.. how do you become a mod?
    Just curious?
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~