Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New series 《刑警》 starring Michael Miu & Felix Wong

Default New series 《刑警》 starring Michael Miu & Felix Wong

It's confirmed - TVB will be filming a cop series in Oct starring Michael Miu, Felix Wong, Jessica Hsuan, Rebecca Chan, Nancy Wu & Vincent Wong.

It's Felix Wong comeback series in TVB after 7 years. He will be playing a villain who seeks revenge from Michael Miu for causing him to be imprisoned for 15 years. His character will have a 15 year old daughter with Rebecca.

Jessica Hsuan plays Michael Miu's girlfriend.

The producer for this series is Tong Kei Ming.

Milky Way's in a lot of cop/triad series these days. I sense a pattern. But I am very surprised and happy to see Milky Way and Felix acting in a series together again. Is it accurate to say they haven't been in one together since the 80s? I'm not sure I like the Milky Way and Jessica pairing. I hope this is a good series.

What has Felix been doing? I thought he retired.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

interesting, I haven't seen Felix in an evil role in quite some time. It feels great to see my child hood idol come back out of retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Milky Way's in a lot of cop/triad series these days. I sense a pattern. But I am very surprised and happy to see Milky Way and Felix acting in a series together again. Is it accurate to say they haven't been in one together since the 80s? I'm not sure I like the Milky Way and Jessica pairing. I hope this is a good series.

What has Felix been doing? I thought he retired.
    lol, Milky Way? It took me a second to figure that one out. Is that Miu's nickname?

I'm really looking forward to this series. Miu and Felix, two of my favorites 80's actors! It was rare that Felix acted in a villain role so I'm really excited, though I do agree that TVB is doing a lot of cop dramas lately. Hope it will have an excited storyline. I'm actually okay with any of the 90's fadans taking the leading female role, but not Jessica. There is something I don't like in her acting though she isn't a bad actress. I prefer its Ada or Kenix. (How ironic that all the 90's fadans have a series to air next year.)

Won't Rebeeca look too old for Felix? She's older than him in real life, a few years maybe. Will Felix, Jessica, and Michael form a love triangle?

Yay, looking forward to Nancy in her role. She never disappoints.
    Last edited by Liling; 08-22-09 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liling View Post
    lol, Milky Way? It took me a second to figure that one out. Is that Miu's nickname?
    Yes. It's his nickname. Miu Kiu Wai=Milky Way get it?

Michael, Felix and Rebecca is having a reunion in this series. Michael and Felix was in The Foundation and LOCH together. Felix and Rebecca was in The Grand Canal, and Felix played a villain in that series.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Does anyone know why Michael Miu is always addressed as "third brother"? I could never figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    Does anyone know why Michael Miu is always addressed as "third brother"? I could never figure it out.
    He got that nickname from a movie, Hero of Tomorrow (1988), which he played the character named Sam Gor.

He got that nickname from a movie, Hero of Tomorrow (1988), which he played the character named Sam Gor.
    ahh, interesting... thanks for clearing that up for me!

Michael, Felix and Rebecca is having a reunion in this series. Michael and Felix was in The Foundation and LOCH together. Felix and Rebecca was in The Grand Canal, and Felix played a villain in that series.
    Actually, Rebecca was in LOCH as well...

Quote Originally Posted by shadow8899 View Post
    Actually, Rebecca was in LOCH as well...
    What role did she play? I don't remember her being in it.

She played that girl that wanted to be together with some guy but that ***** in Chuen Chan sect won't permit her, so she committed suicide. HYS rescued her and played matchmaker so she could married the guy she liked.

Sorry if its not clear, I really don't remember their names since their role was kinda minor and irrelevant. Hopefully this will bring back memories and you will remember Rebbecca.

She played that girl that wanted to be together with some guy but that ***** in Chuen Chan sect won't permit her, so she committed suicide. HYS rescued her and played matchmaker so she could married the guy she liked.

Sorry if its not clear, I really don't remember their names since their role was kinda minor and irrelevant. Hopefully this will bring back memories and you will remember Rebbecca.
    The actor's name was Austin Wai. Yeah, their family were at odds so their parents didn't allow them to get together. Eventually, they ended to together.

She played Ching Yiu Ga. Rebecca Chan was a good actress even then, but for some reason, her performance in LOCH '82 was kind of flat. Her performances tend to be kind of low key, which made for an awkward contrast with Barbara Yung.

Rebecca and Felix feels odd. I always feel Rebecca is older. After just watching Rebecca plays a mum with a 20+ year old son it's so weird to hear that she will play Felix's wife

Quote Originally Posted by vinci90 View Post
    Rebecca and Felix feels odd. I always feel Rebecca is older. After just watching Rebecca plays a mum with a 20+ year old son it's so weird to hear that she will play Felix's wife
    Felix Wong isn't exactly a spring chicken himself. He, Michael Miu, and Rebecca Chan all got started at TVB nearly *thirty* years ago, and they were all in their early twenties back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Felix Wong isn't exactly a spring chicken himself. He, Michael Miu, and Rebecca Chan all got started at TVB nearly *thirty* years ago, and they were all in their early twenties back then.
    I dont think a couple of years matter as long as the female don't look older. In this case, I do think Rebecca looks older than Felix, and that doesnt fit too well with me. I actually havent seen Felix on screen for quite some time but on a recent episode of Beautiful Cooking Felix made an appearance and he still looks good. Rebecca on the other hand, does suit better as a mother.

It took me a few seconds to figure out too. I actually thought you were talking about MilkyWay film production company for a short moment.

Is this really his nickname among peers or you gave it to him?
    Last edited by kidd; 08-24-09 at 01:20 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I think my cousins in Seattle coined it back in 1983.

I dont think a couple of years matter as long as the female don't look older. In this case, I do think Rebecca looks older than Felix, and that doesnt fit too well with me. I actually havent seen Felix on screen for quite some time but on a recent episode of Beautiful Cooking Felix made an appearance and he still looks good. Rebecca on the other hand, does suit better as a mother.
    Huh? I saw recent pictures of Felix. He has aged a lot and definitely look believeable to have a 16 year old daughter. Rebecca looks good for her age. She doesn't look older than Felix to me. Anyway, make up can do wonders. Plus, who said the woman can't be older than the man in a relationship? Even if Rebecca looks older, it will only be a bit older, not like she will look like his mom.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images/0/01/Felix_Wong.jpg')
    Last edited by kidd; 08-24-09 at 12:57 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    It took me a few seconds to figure out too. I actually thought you are talking about MilkyWay film production company for a short moment.

Heheh...I thought it was commonly known by most Miu Kiu Wai fans. I read about that nickname a long time ago from somewhere. I thought most people would know about it.