View Poll Results: Should sex selection be permitted?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 33.33%
  • No

10 66.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should sex selection be permitted?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    Well somethings aren't straightforward; even if I were to give you a long essay of explanation; you would not accept it. For your case, I would wait for some time; perhaps when you are more open-minded, before I explain further.

Perhaps 5, 10 years?
    Can you give some explanation?

Everyone will have a preferred gender for their child, there is no wrong in this. But if the gender of your own flesh and blood will influence how much importance they have inside within your heart, then I plead for that person to seriously think twice before having a kid. Conceiving is not as easy as it looks, and carrying the baby to full term is harder than it seems. Every birth is a miracle of life. As a Christian, I feel that it is wrong to pick at the gift from God.

From my understanding, several zygotes must be made and then the zygotes of prefered gender are then extracted and inserted into the womb. The others are then discarded, irrelevant of their health. I find this terrible because even though the zygote has not developed any nerves or taken shape, it is still the product of your DNA. To throw your children away like trash just because they are not the right gender disgusts me when they are many people in the world who cannot conceive.

I will not vote for this bill to pass but I cannot force my own beliefs upon others. But if people want to select the gender of their future child, then I suggest that they either continue trying until they get one or go and adopt a kid from the orphanages.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

People want to have a balanced family, have both son(s) and daughter(s). Many family already have 2 or more children of one gender and desperately wanting one of the other, they should have every right to get one and it's none of anyone else business. Other people should not force their beliefs upon others. Regarding adoption, it's not for everyone. Some people only want to raise their own flesh and blood, not other people flesh and blood.