Thread: Great Wuxia OSTs?

Default Great Wuxia OSTs?

Other than Frankie Chan's Ashes of Time, which I own and love very much. The music is so hauntingly beautiful, I get goosebumps every time I hear it. It's the kind of music that I could listen to 10-20 years down the line, and it would still have the same effect. If only they'd produce scores of this caliber nowadays... I listened to the recent Redux version, which simply cannot compare, but I digress.

What are some other great classic wuxia soundtracks?
    Last edited by skylee; 08-30-09 at 06:53 AM.

- (everything i do) i do it for you - bryan adams - the greatest european wuxia OST of all times!

Ashes of Time is my favorite too. A lot of TVB wuxia dramas use tracks from Kitaro and S.E.N.S's albums. There are some really good musical pieces from them.

Some animes have great soundtracks too and if you are interested in more of the wuxia feel, Rurouni Kenshin is a samurai anime that produced great music too.
    -SC

Haven't seen that many wuxia movies, so I can't really say anything about those.

As far as TV series go, the 1994 HSDS is probably the best soundtrack for a wuxia series I've heard. You had 4 incredible songs featuring big time superstars, established stars, and new blood all at once. All of which were amazing. One of them supposedly incorporated actual lines from the books although I've never bothered to actually check whether that was true.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyChrono View Post
    Haven't seen that many wuxia movies, so I can't really say anything about those.

As far as TV series go, the 1994 HSDS is probably the best soundtrack for a wuxia series I've heard. You had 4 incredible songs featuring big time superstars, established stars, and new blood all at once. All of which were amazing. One of them supposedly incorporated actual lines from the books although I've never bothered to actually check whether that was true.
    Oh there were 4 songs for the series? I've only heard the main one, and yes, it certainly is a great song.

Amongst my favourite wuxia songs is HSDS 1994 and they are also one of my most played songs. I like the sub-themes too. Priscilla Chan is known to have sang the vocals for some of the sub-themes.

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet View Post
    Ashes of Time is my favorite too. A lot of TVB wuxia dramas use tracks from Kitaro and S.E.N.S's albums. There are some really good musical pieces from them.

Some animes have great soundtracks too and if you are interested in more of the wuxia feel, Rurouni Kenshin is a samurai anime that produced great music too.
    Oh, S.E.N.S. The only song I'm familiar with and like by them is Wish, and I remember it being a frequently occurring theme in TVB's Burning Flame series. I will take a look at some of their other works now.

I'll also look into the HSDS 1994 OST. Thank you for all the recommendations.

i like all '83 Condor Trilogy OST, very classic and nostalgic .

I also like Mainland's Condor trilogy soundtrack, it is modern , melancholy but heroic.