Thread: How much are you willing to pay for Sport Ticket?

Default How much are you willing to pay for Sport Ticket?

The prices of sport tickets are amazingly high. They are way over priced. They should cost no more than $100 for a front row ticket of any sporting event. At the current price, it can cost up to few hundred to few thousand dollars per ticket while you can watch them for free on TV. I personally think it's not worth it unless you make at least a million dollars a year. I don't follow sport, but I enjoy watching tennis. However, I would not pay $100 for a front row ticket to see Roger Federer Vs Rafael Nadal as I can watch them on TV for free.

How much are you willing to pay for Sport Ticket?

It's the experience that you are paying for. Right now, free tv is good. I wouldn't mind paying <50 for teams that I support. Depends how much you earn as well. If you love the team so much, why not give them some cash to further develop/survive.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

I actually thought about buying ticket to see Roger Federer playing at Cincinnati or US Open @ NY this year.

But other than the ticket price (it's around $130s for Cincy semifinals if I remembered right; final game costs more), you have to consider other things :
    1. Gas or plane ticket to go to the arena
    2. Parking fee
    3. Hotel (unless you have friends in the area where you can stay the night for free)
    4. Food/beverage
    5. Maybe you have to buy tickets for your friend/BF/GF too (specially if they don't like the same sport as you do) - going alone to a sport game would not be fun, I think.
    6. If I ever go to see US Open, I would want to stay the whole 2 weeks (or at least the 2nd week), no meaning to just go to see the finals (who knows your favorite player couldn't make the final )

So, it'll cost me a whole lot more than just the actual ticket price. That's why I still prefer the free game on tv Besides, Roger Federer is rich enough already - he doesn't need my money to support him

You go see a game live for the atmosphere, which you cannot get from just watching it on TV. I pay every now and then to see our local basketball team play (I tend to get the tickets on Ebay, so a lot of the times, it's actually quite cheap). The atmosphere is just so much more fun and enjoyable than watching the game on TV.

Since I'm not that big of a sports fan (I pretty much only follow basketball), I would never pay over $30 for a ticket.

But if it's a live concert for a band I really like, $100 is nothing (and that's not counting the amount of money I'd spend on merchandise).
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

id spend up to 100 if its the final game in the playofs w/ 1 of my fav teams playing in it
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I agree with Jaded, it's the atmosphere we're paying for. Home game is usually cheaper since it's in town, so you're pretty much only pay for the actual event ticket + parking + beer + merchandise (maybe).

I don't follow that many sports anyway. I'm only willing to pay to see Federer, Milan (@ San Siro) & ManUtd (@ Old Trafford) if opportunity ever knock on my door. Maybe Olympics & World Cup too (hopefully Chicago can win the bid for 2016 Olympics).

I know that the NFL have a black out rule where if the home team does not sell out all the tickets, the game will not be shown in that market on TV. So if no one buy tickets in your area, you can't watch the game either.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.