Thread: Shota no sushi

Default Shota no sushi

I'm currently watching this old series about an sushi apprentice in his goal to become a master chef.

Starring Kashiwabara Takashi

http://jdorama.com/drama.php?id=382

Loved it when i watched some episodes about 10 years ago, and am now watching it again. Anyone who had watched it?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I had that series and Kashiwabara was sooo kakoii there.. :wub:

I love all food-related dorama. You should try Lunch Queen too....
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Hi eeyore,

I loved that series.

I think i started eating japanese food and sashimi after watching this series ^^

Can you tell me more about Lunch Queen?

Han S
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Basicly about a small restaurant and their no 1 selling is their omurice, with demi-glaze sauce. I really want to know how they make the sauce, looks so yummy.

The extra story is 4 siblings liking the same women, played by Yuko Takeuchi. You can see in the wiki entry

how do you squeeze time to watch series? less sleeping time?
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I'm halfway through the series now- I remember the names while watching the show, but just can't remember the names after watching the episodes.

Just finished watching the episode where Shota et al had to battle to win for their sushi shop.

The third disciple, makes me angry with his bullying behavior. I can sense that it was just a facade to hide his soft interior. Many times, he tried to do the right things like postponing his match with Shota, and not telling the truth between the
    second disciple and the shop's waitress when that the second disciple's mum was asking about them.

The almost triangle relationship between the boss's daughter, Shota, and Watanabe makes me angry at the boss's daughter, and also at Shota because he is so passive.

================================================== =====

I think i will give that series a try (Lunch Queen) when i finish with this one.

How do i watch series?
    I either switch it on, and watch it while i fall into sleep 0r else, i watch while using my laptop for internet etc.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

I finally finished this series today.

I loved the way how they potray the various arts and techniques to make sushi. It looked very authentic, and the sushi seems to be made with care.

I like the series in terms of the plot. It is about the journey of Shota from a yound man to a talented sushi chef, and the ordeal that he had to go through in order to achieve that. The plot at times, seems contrived with its various competition; but despite this, it is filled with love and the value of friendship - typical shounen stuffs etc.

Part of me loved this series, as i mentioned before, due to reliving my past

Next up: Lunch Queen!!

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control