Thread: Cross Border Daddy - starring Gilbert Lam

Default Cross Border Daddy - starring Gilbert Lam

Has anyone seen this series? It stars Gilbert Lam and Joey Meng. I love Gilbert's acting but missed out on this series. Is it worth watching. Thanks in advance!

I'm responding to my own thread but I just finished "Cross Border Daddy" and it's a really good series. It definitely showcased how matured Gilbert's acting has become. He has also aged extremely gracefully. How I miss seeing him onscreen! His character in here is also absolutely loyal and so sweet -- how can you not love him? He has absolutely NO chemistry with Joey Meng though, but ehhh, I really love both actors/actresses, so I didn't really care about it.

Definitely a worth-while series! Watch it if you're a Gilbert fan or just watch it simply because it's a good series. I heard that it got pretty good ratings when it aired, so I guess HK people liked it too. The sequel SUCKED and was totally unnecessary, IMHO.

There was a sequel? I watched a couple episodes of Cross Border Daddy but didn't watch more because the audio and the video was not insynch.

I haven't seen any ATV series in the last couple of years because I watch stuff mostly online and no longer watch through renting. I wonder what's out there?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Hi Suet Seung,

I watched "Cross Border Daddy" in vietnamese and there *is* indeed a sequel. There is clearly a part 1 and a part 2 so this series, well, at least in Vietnamese anyway The sequel was unnecessary and defnitely not as compelling as part 1. There is also a tragic character death in the sequel, which I thought was completely thoughtless on the writer's part. Too bad you couldn't finish the series. It's a really good, under-rated series IMO. Both my mom and I enjoyed it...plus, it was great to see Gilbert and Joey and all the other vetran ATV stars onscreen again so it was a treat!!!

I also was unaware that there was a sequel. What was the sequel about?

I thought Gilbert and Joey was okay but I thought Gilbert and Pinky had better chemistry. Andrew yuen's acting really improved here compare to some of his older series. I really enjoyed the story line.

I agree, Gilbert age gracefully. Very different from some of his other roles.
    Berg Ng was also good here. Elena Kong was very funny.