Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Asians smart or do we just study harder?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    You sound like Trien Chieu. If I just read the post and didn't see your name I would have thought this is written my TC.
    I think he's trying to bait TC.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

You sound like Trien Chieu. If I just read the post and didn't see your name I would have thought this is written my TC.
    And, you might have guessed, PJ was trying to do a reflection of TC (and his usual statement).
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    And, you might have guessed, PJ was trying to do a reflection of TC (and his usual statement).
    Except TC wouldn't have used a word like shithole.

How comes my name appear on many post before I made any. Back to the topic, I don't believe in that statistics. If Chinese are the smartest, then china should be the best country to live in the world. If australians are that dumb then australia wouldn't be among the best country to live.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Neither. Asians live more responsibly, therefore they come out ahead. Simple as that. Needless to say, black people don't live responsibly, which explains why most of them still live in a shithole.
    I don't know whether you are being sarcastic or not, but there are truth to it.

I used to think that a lot of Asians sacrifice their social intelligence to boost their IQ by a few meagre points.

Now after reading TC's latest post, I'm not so sure about that anymore.

Meditate on this, I will.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    How comes my name appear on many post before I made any. Back to the topic, I don't believe in that statistics. If Chinese are the smartest, then china should be the best country to live in the world. If australians are that dumb then australia wouldn't be among the best country to live.

I don't know whether you are being sarcastic or not, but there are truth to it.
    oh please
    you ****ing love it
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Feeling proud of yourself, aren't you?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Feeling proud of yourself, aren't you?
    I believe TC was just stating an observation.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I believe TC was just stating an observation.
    All rightey!

first smart can have many definitions. a stupid person who survive in hard situation also a smart guy.

but my opinion is maybe due to the "kia-su" (afraid to out of competition) mentality of the chinese people. this contributed them to always work extra mile to end up high in competition or a good student at school.

but again this is a semi stereotype and can't be apply to all case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bei Rongkun View Post
    first smart can have many definitions. a stupid person who survive in hard situation also a smart guy.

but my opinion is maybe due to the "kia-su" (afraid to out of competition) mentality of the chinese people. this contributed them to always work extra mile to end up high in competition or a good student at school.

but again this is a semi stereotype and can't be apply to all case.

it's the way their society behave. asian leans toward logic more so than other areas of the world. sure it'll net them a few more points on IQ tests (which is basically logic), but it limits their creativity... look @ where all the inventions and ideas comes from. asian doesn't think outside the box, but they know the box inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    asian doesn't think outside the box,
    That's true, at least, as much as I have observed.

but they know the box inside out.
    Are you sure? How come I don't see that happening?

Westernised muppets have a different box. From their box, they look across to the Asian box and say "you Asians don't think outside of the box". Asians stare back at them with their stereotypical poker faces and think: "you fat bastards are in a box and think that everyone else is."

In every culture & society around the world, the vast majority of people are sucked into a Plan that dictates how they should live. Stray from this Plan and everyone you're connected to will freak out. The tricky thing is, it's nearly impossible to see that you're stuck in a Plan when you're in it.

If you have never done anything that is met with objections from friends, family etc. you ARE in The Plan. Congratulations, you're a rat.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Westernised muppets have a different box. From their box, they look across to the Asian box and say "you Asians don't think outside of the box". Asians stare back at them with their stereotypical poker faces and think: "you fat bastards are in a box and think that everyone else is."

In every culture & society around the world, the vast majority of people are sucked into a Plan that dictates how they should live. Stray from this Plan and everyone you're connected to will freak out. The tricky thing is, it's nearly impossible to see that you're stuck in a Plan when you're in it.

If you have never done anything that is met with objections from friends, family etc. you ARE in The Plan. Congratulations, you're a rat.
    I gotta say, that is highly insightful and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Neither. Asians live more responsibly, therefore they come out ahead. Simple as that. Needless to say, black people don't live responsibly, which explains why most of them still live in a shithole.
    What the hell is that supposed to mean? You can probably fit 3 of your houses into mine, not to mention probably 6 of your salaries. If you make one that is. I don't know any blacks who live in a shithole. Turn off CNN you clown.

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    Turn off CNN you clown.
    Agree with you for the first time. CNN is too biased. FOX NEWS is much better.

Agree with you for the first time. CNN is too biased. FOX NEWS is much better.
    Well, we finally have a /thread.

The topic question is answered once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor View Post
    Haha... let me explain the Australia result. The ave doesn't include the entire Australia population, it represents only the native Australian aborigines. So all the Asians and European who lives in Australia does not count toward that figure. Since the data collected was base on race, that is the distribution entirely on your ethnic origin.

So if you are a Chinese living in Australia who took an Official IQ test, your score will be tally together with the rest of China.

I do agree that Australia stat is unbelievably low.
    This is retarded, if the person is Australian Citizen then his/her score should be tally in Australia score, not China. If American Indians scores are the only score counted in North America, then our IQ score wouldn't be much different than the Australian native...

This is retarded, if the person is Australian Citizen then his/her score should be tally in Australia score, not China. If American Indians scores are the only score counted in North America, then our IQ score wouldn't be much different than the Australian native...

Think of it this WAY......

Would you want to be liu bei or Kong ming? Kong ming is super smart, and liu bei is not, but kong ming work for liu bei so who is smarter in reality???

To answer the question, partially is do to studying harder, but I think that may have to do with the Chinese culture itself. The Chinese education system has been setup to push students to learning more "educational" things and getting better grades. The Chinese culture has been, at least to me, focused on competitiveness, especially as the living standards raise, people want to be on the top.

Then again, I have met other people from Australia who are very smart as well so....
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”