Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: This is China- a land of pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Lol I was a bit confused. Why is 24 million extra men classified as confusion?!?! Especially not to Suet Seung.

Guo Xiang I will start a glorification thread for you, but you will have to wait. Why would you want two girls fighting over you any how?
    Erm, I guess you didn't know Guo Xiang well enough, she really swings that way ~ and either way, she loved two girls fighting over her and it was already a long standing battle, just like Archie had with Betty and Veronica.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    They are not even girls to me... they are food to me.
    Gosh, aren't you the least bit embarrassed to say such things? Though I don't always mind if you choose to devour chicken more so than mutton.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Don't look down on yourself.
    Can you post your pictures here so we can see how beautiful you are?
    Anyway, look is not everything. Personality is somewhat more important.
    TC, don't you always say that looks are everything??? You seem to care about looks more than anything and now you say that... But hey, this is not the first time you are contradicting yourself so I am not surprised at all....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    TC, don't you always say that looks are everything??? You seem to care about looks more than anything and now you say that... But hey, this is not the first time you are contradicting yourself so I am not surprised at all....
    I was teasing JB when he talked about the two good looking girls who unable to land a bf that they wanted. As for myself, good looking is a bonus but personality is ultimately the most important factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    Gosh, aren't you the least bit embarrassed to say such things? Though I don't always mind if you choose to devour chicken more so than mutton.
    You two are the inevitable Heavenly match. I mean, look at your same birthdays. I'm the odd count, so she's yours!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    You two are the inevitable Heavenly match. I mean, look at your same birthdays. I'm the odd count, so she's yours!
    mutton's too heaty for her, and i have to be considerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    To keep in topic, 24 million extra men is a serious problem btw, and there will be social issues stemming from it.
    I don't think it's a problem as these men can enjoy a relaxing life as a bachelor. Many professors at the university where I attended are single for all their life and they never create any social problem. They are enjoying doing research in their specialized area and live a very simple life. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 01-18-10 at 06:12 PM.

Hey, the more losers there are, the less competition for me. So I am for loser guys.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/as...ion/index.html

I don't know whether this is a propaganda of CNN or not. If this is true, then too bad for them that they rather having huge foreign reserve instead of cleaning up their act.

The pollution issue is pretty real, go to any of the major cities and it is pretty obvious. China sacrificed environment for industrialization, similar to what west has done, except instead of a span of 100 years, China did it in 30, so the effect is much more apparent and drastic.

But fortunately (for mother earth), this also made China realizes the leap to green technology must be done. Something we in North America are apparently not picking up quite yet. China is spending tons and tons of money on this field, in fact, I believe China is a top spender, if not the biggest investor in green technology, with the goal to lead the industry. So to say they are doing nothing is laughable at best.

It will come to bite us (North America) in the *** later, green technology will be trillion dollar industry decades from now as more and more developing nations become industrialized.

I'm for tax breaks for research into alternative energy sources, but I'm not in favor of subsidies for the 'Big Three' forms of alternative energy like wind, solar reflective, or solar voltaic [if they are truly viable, then let them make it on their own]. Spain's big solar voltaic push has been a flop and the supposed economic benefits didn't happen.

I'm also amazed that the Green Environmentalists are happy to let dessert ecosystems be damaged or destroyed in order to support various solar energy installations. Double standard or what?