Thread: First Blood: first killings by Jin Yong heroes

Default First Blood: first killings by Jin Yong heroes

Each of Jin Yong's protagonists killed another human being during the course of his wulin adventures. Let's tally up when each hero scored his first kill.

Kiu Fung (DGSD): He was just a boy of ten when he murdered a doctor who cruelly refused to treat Kiu Fung's ill adopted father because the Kius were too poor to pay for the doctor's services.

Deun Yu (DGSD): I think he scored his first kill when he threw some rocks at Madame Wong's gang of hags when they pursued him and Muk Yeun Ching, causing one of the hags to fall down a sheer cliff to her death.

Hui Juk (DGSD): On errant information from Soo Sing Ho, accidentally killed two of his Shaolin martial uncles while trying to use his new inner power (from Mo Ngai Tze) to cure their poisoning by Ding Chun Chou.

Gwok Jing (LOCH): At the age of six, stabbed Chan Yeun Fung to death in Mongolia.

Yeung Gor (ROCH): I don't think he killed anyone until he was around eighteen years old...a few Mongolian soldiers he found terrorizing some peasants, maybe?

Cheung Mo Gei (HSDS): I don't know if this counts, but it's probably when he tricked those guys who were planning to eat him and Yeung But Fui into drinking that broth that he had spiked with poisonous mushrooms. I don't think he killed anyone with his martial arts skills until very late in HSDS, when he offed some of Sing Kwun's flunkies near Shaolin.

Ling Wu Chung (SPW): Don't know. Fill it in here, guys.

Wai Siu Bo (DOMD): Don't remember. I have a feeling it was fairly early in his adventures.

I don't know much about other Jin Yong protagonists such as Sek Por Tin and Yeun Sing Chi, so you guys fill it in.

Linghu Chong: 1st chapter? The Qingcheng disciples who came to the wine shop and started to "assault" his martial sister.
    Shi Potian: The members of the Iron Fork clan (?) inadvertantly poisoned by the poison in his palms.

We don't know much about Linghu Chong's early life, so he might have killed "unrighteous" people before the Qingcheng incident.

IIRC the first person Yang Guo kills is a Mongolian soldier who was torturing a baby, the baby was the second (by coup de grace). Jin Yong wasn't the subtlest of writers during ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Linghu Chong: 1st chapter? The Qingcheng disciples who came to the wine shop and started to "assault" his martial sister.
    He isn't there, at least not in the book. In the 2001 tv series they transplanted him to that scene. In the book it's Lao Denuo who's there and he doesn't kill anyone. Only Lin Pingzhi kills a person in that scene.

I think the first explicit killing by LHC in the book is in Chapter 4 when he's just finished fighting Tian Boguang in the wine shop in Hengyang. Then Luo Renjie from the Qingcheng School shows up and stabs him. He kills Luo Renjie in a very sneaky way, but it's only to save Yilin.

He doesn't actually kill a lot of people in the book until the scene in which everyone from the Five Mountains Schools are trapped in the cave at Siguoya, in Chapter 38. Most of the time LHC only seems to fight in self-defense or in defense of others, and he usually doesn't seem to want to kill anyone.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    He isn't there, at least not in the book. In the 2001 tv series they transplanted him to that scene. In the book it's Lao Denuo who's there and he doesn't kill anyone. Only Lin Pingzhi kills a person in that scene.
    My memory must be playing tricks on me then. I'd have sworn I actually read it!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

XLN never killed anyone except maybe some soldiers when they were trying to rescue guo xiang. HR never killed anyone in LOCH. maybe later when defending xiangyang, she should have killed some soldiers.

did XuZhu actually kill his uncles. i thought they died from DQC's poisonhe killed some people when defending TSTL when he still did not know how to use his inner strength.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    My memory must be playing tricks on me then. I'd have sworn I actually read it!
    Maybe it was an edition change. I read the version that's translated into English here in the Translations forum, but I don't know which edition that is.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。