Thread: BBC Costume Drama

Default BBC Costume Drama

I know most BBC adapted classic novel will be Jane Austen's work. Recently I finished watching Emma 2009 adaptataion by BBC. It's job well done. Emma is not as witty as Emma 1996 (Movie, Hollywood acted by Gywneth Paltrow) but she's charming in her own way. Mr. Knightly here is Jonny Lee Miller (for me Jeremy Northam still more Knightly ) and he's good too. I have to admit I don't feel much chemistry between the two character, but because it's a 4 episodes mini series, it actually bring more depth of the story than the movie. It' talk more than Harriet, it's show how small Emma's world is because of her filial duty to her father, thus make her too excited over small community. Also more story on Jane Fairfax and Churchill. Nice I have to say. I still don't like the character of Elliot and his wife.. as we should be hehehehee...

Now, I'm planning to watch Little Dorrit. I saw episode one last night and I think I'm going to like it. This is my 3rd Dicken's adaptation that I watch. I watched North and South, and David Copperfield. I enjoy both very much!

I still want to watch Cranford and Lark Rise to Candleford. I heard good reviews of these drama.

Just wondering if anyone else watching this type of series/drama?

if there's an existing thread already please let me know, I can delete this (perhaps) and joined the older one
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Have you watched any of the latest Robin Hood series? It's not too bad....if you can take a Robin Hood using a Saracen recurve bow instead of the English Longbow.

I did! I have seen season one and two, has season 3 aired yet? I wonder what will the story be when Miriam is dead (as at end of season two).

I like this Robin because it's very witty and re-freshing. I don't really know about the facts or other historical details, but I really enjoy Robin's personality and potrays. Especially in season one, but for season two, he's change. I suppose living too long in the forrest does make you more serious and gloom
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Does The Tudors count? It's not a novel adaptation but it is a costume drama.