Thread: How would you react to the person who gave you HIV ?

Default How would you react to the person who gave you HIV ?

... Whether it be a sexual partner or healthcare personnel (it can be spread through needles), if you found you have HIV, and that person is the one who "gave" it to you, what would be your reaction?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    ... Whether it be a sexual partner or healthcare personnel (it can be spread through needles), if you found you have HIV, and that person is the one who "gave" it to you, what would be your reaction?
    I would be very pissed off indeed, especially if my partner knows he's got HIV and if the healthcare personnel were careless.

Anyway look at what happened to this poor woman after she decided to stay with her husband even when he got HIV.

An HIV-positive New Zealand man pricked his sleeping wife with a needle tainted with his blood, infecting her with the virus, court papers have revealed.

It is believed the man wanted to give her the virus, which leads to Aids, so she would have sex with him again, the New Zealand Sunday Star-Times reported.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8397683.stm
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

if it was someone i was intimate with and they knew they had HIV, then i would never forgive them. at least let me know so i can make the decision to either still be with them or not. giving me no choice means that they don't deserve my heart.

if it is a healthcare personnel, i would ask them what their job is. the number one duty of any healthcare personnel is to cure someone, not infect them. then i would sue the person and the hospital, i would spend the rest of my life doing everything i wanted with that money after i have left a good amount to the people i loved.

but more than likely, i would disappear after i find out that i was infected. i'd go live my life somewhere warm and isolated.

I will be extremely shocked, upset and peeved. I don't really think receiving compensation (or an apology) would make any difference because life isn't measured in money. If it was a healthcare, I would want them to change their ways to prevent the same thing happening to other patients. If it was my partner who knew he had HIV--I just can't find the words.

I would have to come to terms with the situation and slowly rebuild. I would try and find ways to improve my self-esteem and self-confidence. Spend more time with family & friends and do things I never imagined I would do.

I would also spend my time with other HIV-affected people, learn from them, learn how they manage their daily lives and support each other.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 12-09-09 at 08:11 AM.
    Have you learned to love one another?

pray for that person. its tough to go through HIV after all~

This topic reminds me of a case on "Forensic Files" where a physician injected his ex-mistress with the blood of one of his patients who was positive for HIV and hepatitis B after she broke up with him. She contracted both and was pregnant at the time too.

I would be pissed off to say the least.