Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For guys, can you accept ladies who can't cook?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    "Can't cook" as in "chooses not to cook and is therefore no good at it", or "tries her best to cook well, but is no good at it"?
    Actually, what I want to ask is - can a guy accept a woman who knows nothing about cooking or have no cooking skills at all.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    Actually, what I want to ask is - can a guy accept a woman who knows nothing about cooking or have no cooking skills at all.
    If I were a guy, no way!! I think cooking is a very simple and minimal skill for any girl to have. IF they cannot even fry eggs then I would not like that at all. However, if they are willing to learn that would be a big plus. My mom always taught me to know how to cook and clean because that is just something very minimal for any girl to know how to do.I think traditional guys would just expect a girl to know how to cook and clean and would be really disappointed if they didn't. However, it is also great for a guy to know that as well since it would put too much burden on the girl. It would be best if the guy and girl both knew how to cook and clean so that they can take turns, but sadly that is not always the case....

I also think that the guy's parents(especially if they are traditional) would not be very pleased if the girl did not know how to cook anything at all...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

wow very interesting to see that no ladies are offended by this topic and on the other hand even encourage it more lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Well... I am somewhat offended by guys who expect women to do ALL the cooking and house chores (though if they find a spouse who doesn't mind or even loves being a full-time housewife, it's their business, of course), but expecting the girl to do all the cooking, and expecting the girl to be able to cook or at least willing to try, those are two different things.
    ...not offended by the latter per se, even though it of course very often kind of implies the former.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

it 's ok, i could cook for her
    Days with JJ Lin

I had a friend who is married and can't cook at all. Each time we meet up (occasionally) and I ask her about her marriage life/routine, there's barely anything going on. It appears that there's barely anything to spice up the life. She spend alot to renovate her kitchen with all the cookery stuff hanging around, it looks very neat. Alas, purpose defeated! They usually get takeaways from outside. The love for cooking supposed to be an addition of spice between a couple and if that part is out, it pales that part of the marriage life.

With the above, certainly the problem doesn't only lie with the wife, the workaholic husband too. My point, since I have a fair talent in cooking, I'd prefer my other half to possess that passion in cooking too. It's not such a good idea for one to do the whole cleaning after meal and the other seat their arse watching TV, rather, one could wash the dishes while the other do the clean up.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 12-28-09 at 12:28 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

The observation I get from the responses here and general expectation in society.

In a marriage/serious relationship:

- Woman can cook - compulsory
    - Man can cook - a bonus

- Woman doing all the cooking - ok
    - Man doing all the cooking - not ok

- Woman cooks - duty
    - Man cooks - hobby

When a man can cook, it's a great bonus for him, when a woman can cook, it's expected of her.

I wonder if a woman who can change her own light bulb, change her own flat tire etc will be as attractive to men as men who can cook are attractive to women.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    The love for cooking supposed to be an addition of spice between a couple and if that part is out, it pales that part of the marriage life.
    Usually, in a marriage it's the wife who does all the cooking, instead of both cooking together (and adding spice between the couple), especially in a traditional family.

Btw, I'm not against women cooking. Anyone who can cook a mean meal is great to me.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-28-09 at 10:00 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post

I wonder if a woman who can change her own light bulb, change her own flat tire etc will be as attractive to men as men who can cook are attractive to women.

That will be sick. Women are preferably docile and docile behaviour doesn't involve changing her own lightbulbs! How scandalous!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    That right there is pretty hot the whole Miss Independent thing. Another thing is a girl that can kick my ***, or at least knows how to fight. Then there's those girls that know how to drive stick shift and nothing else.

If I'm cooking, I'm expecting him to at least do the dishes. That's only fair. If we're both working, then I expect both of us to share the housework load as well.

I think at least 1 person in the relationship should know cookery. If I were a capable cook, I might be able to live with one who couldn't cook. However, since I'm not a capable cook (which defies people's high expectations of Sichuan guys), it would help if my partner is.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Agreed with remember_Cedric.... cooking is an art..
    so, for me it depends on the husband whether to accept her or not.. because not all men appreciates art..