Thread: Resignation reasons

Default Resignation reasons

I'm getting annoyed. I handed in my resignation last week and my boss is trying to get me to stay, persuading me and etc., and of course trying to find out why I wanted to leave.

I certainly couldn't tell him the reason I'm leaving is because of him, and that I had enough of his BS. I saw things happening, and although he hasn't done anything to me yet, the question is WHEN. Once it happens, I'm going to have living hell for the rest of my days in the company. It's difficult staying when I feel stagnant and is practically working under fear every day, not knowing when I will finally step on his toes and get bombed.

So, how could I tell him all that. He's determined to make me say and he won't accept whatever reasons I've given him so far: I want a new direction in my career, stagnation in current job....

I've also told him I had not got a job yet... why? 'Cos it's never a good idea to lie to him. That could make my life hell, too. I don't want to push too hard either (could offend him too), which is why I agreed to consider. Of course I already did for the past few months. I told him as much but he didn't seem to care....

I'm supposed to give him an answer by tomorrow or Tuesday... but I haven't come up with anything yet. So are there any good reasons I can use to get him off my back and to just accept the stupid resignation letter?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

1. Going to study full-time
    2. Plan to do social work in another country for half a year
    3. Going to start a family soon, easier if you were female

Nevertheless, you could also think about staying in the company since your boss asked you too. In the meanwhile, you can look around for a new job since you have indicated you want a change in career direction.

So, it's the hardest thing to shake off that boss of pest, huh?

Girl, just a warning: be confident enough that you could get another job out there before you decided to take in any reasons to tender in here (including mine). Even if they seem an effective one.

- The "going into full time study" suggestion seem workable. Say, you need to enter into a degree course hence, you need that concentration. It's your plan for now, not finalised yet (*wink wink* not totally a lie, right?) but before anything happens, resignation is the first step to begin with. Then you proceed to get a loan, blah blah.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Yep. I think I will take the full-time study reason into my arsenal. For the timebeing the social work will be on the top.

Thanks so much, guys.

So, it's the hardest thing to shake off that boss of pest, huh?

Girl, just a warning: be confident enough that you could get another job out there before you decided to take in any reasons to tender in here (including mine). Even if they seem an effective one.
    Yep. It's that difficult to get him off the back. Did I mention I got trapped in a 2-hour talk with him on Thursday over my resignation? @.@;

I don't mind staying jobless for a short period of time... but if after my final semester (which ends in the first quarter of the year), I still haven't found a job, I will just go do some volunteer work for real.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 01-03-10 at 09:34 AM.

Im pretty sure i wrote that i quit my job about 3wks ago. Damn, my boss never persuaded me to stay.. bastard.

I resigned after 2.5yrs simply b/c i didn't believe in the work i did any more. ie the united nations helping out refugees around the world. im pretty sure the $$ went to management.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by milKBoi View Post
    Im pretty sure i wrote that i quit my job about 3wks ago. Damn, my boss never persuaded me to stay.. bastard.

I resigned after 2.5yrs simply b/c i didn't believe in the work i did any more. ie the united nations helping out refugees around the world. im pretty sure the $$ went to management.
    You worked in UN? How do you get a job in UN btw?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Yep. I think I will take the full-time study reason into my arsenal. For the timebeing the social work will be on the top.

Thanks so much, guys.
    Yes, resume of fulltime study is the ultimate convenient excuse. There is also this another contribution of excuse that struck me this morning, BTW. Since they have moved all the way to east part, you can also screw him with this: the travelling distance is tiring you out. I'd also suggest to leave this excuse to the last, for good reasons - psychological effect on him.

Yep. It's that difficult to get him off the back. Did I mention I got trapped in a 2-hour talk with him on Thursday over my resignation? @.@;

I don't mind staying jobless for a short period of time... but if after my final semester (which ends in the first quarter of the year), I still haven't found a job, I will just go do some volunteer work for real.
    I'm not surprised, since I had similar experiences - and twice! Alas, due my heavy financial commitments and there was no alternative job standby for me hence, I cannot tender as freely as you do. But during our 2nd talk, I just slammed him with a "until you can affort to pay me double of what you're paying me now, we'll talk. Otherwise, let's not waste talking!"

If for real you're going for volunteer work, let me know, I know lots of opportunity out there.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-03-10 at 10:37 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    If for real you're going for volunteer work, let me know, I know lots of opportunity out there.
    Wow cool! I tried looking last night through e-watch or something, but isn't sure of any of them. I'm sure you can make things clearer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Wow cool! I tried looking last night through e-watch or something, but isn't sure of any of them. I'm sure you can make things clearer for me.
    Actually, you might just make an ideal candidate for ACRES. While you are also able to learn if they're another dodgy bunch or overall trustworthy. Try visiting their website to check out what they do and the positions they need (Yes, it means you're paid, lowly though.).

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    You worked in UN? How do you get a job in UN btw?
    Through referal. Its the Angelina Jolie one.
    They said if she ever come down under, i will get to meet her but no.. not even after 2.5yrs.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Say you wanna go back to school.

I was in the same situation as you. Nightmarish boss. She drove people out before and after me.

It wasn't a bad job if it wasn't for her, but I couldn't take it anymore.

(I did end up going back to school. The irony.)
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

im kinda in the same situation. One of my co-worker must be a psychopat she pretends to be a nice girl but is one of the most shallow person I have meet. She has actually very little to do but keeps pretending to be very busy. The worst part is that be new boss actually believes her!

That's so freaking demotivating so I have decided to quit to go study instead. It was always my plan to go back to school but my situation at work makes me wanna do it as soon as possible.

Office politics is tough. It’s rare that everyone pulls their weight. It’s like in school group work where it was usually me who has to organize, smooth group relations, and anchor the projects cuz I am the most competent most of the time. It was very nice when I was in groups where others took up the burden. Luckily now, I work for a company where my colleagues are all hard working. And my bosses are reasonable people. However, they barely pay me. (Ran into the damn recession/financial storm after graduating from grad school)

Can’t have everything I guess.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Hmm done. It was faster and easier than I thought. o.O; I didn't even have to use any reasons.

Thanks for all the help though.

...nevermind...