$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://d.yimg.com/hb/xp/xin/20091231/06/1092305263-sylvia-ratonel-i-want-to-go-further-than-this.jpg')

12-30-09 11:46 PM

As one of the final two Singapore Idol Season Three finalists, Sylvia Ratonel sang her heart out last night at the Singapore Indoor Stadium to a crowd of 8,000 people. She opened the night's performance with a bang and delivered 'Mercy' with a groovy sexy punch before crooning to Coldplay's 'Yellow', giving the mellow tune a little twist of its own - but nothing could beat her final performance - a heartfelt and emotional rendition of 'Touched By An Angel', composed and written by Ken Lim.

Despite losing out to Sezairi Sezali, Sylvia stood tall and proud, appearing every bit a winner in her own right. With no regrets, she earnestly shared that she is "satisfied with what she has accomplished thus far."

"I did my best and gave it my all. Singapore has voted and I respect that. I am happy to have come this far. I did the best I could, perhaps it is just fate. Perhaps, I have a different path to take."

Apart from gaining the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of performing at the Indoor Stadium, Singapore Idol also mended the broken bridges between Sylvia and her father. "It really made my relationship with my family much closer. My father was very supportive and told me this before I came to the indoor stadium, 'You are already a winner.'"

Honoured to be the first Singapore Idol female finalist, Sylvia believed that her gender was not the main reason behind her loss and said, "We do have equal chances at winning and I have received a lot of motivation from being the first female idol finalist."

We referred to Ken's comparison made on both finalists when he said that "Sezairi was musically better than Sylvia" and asked her if she would be doing anything to further enhance her 'musician capabilities'. The 21-year-old eagerly enthused, "I really want to learn how to play the piano badly. I'm sure it'll help me in my performances."

"Perhaps, I'll be the first Alicia Keys wannabe in Singapore!" she jested before sincerely adding, "I really hope to carve out a singing career in the industry."

She profusely thanked fans for their continuous and ardent support throughout her six-month long idol journey and said with tears glistening in her eyes, "I am very touched. If it's not for you guys, I wouldn't have performed this far. I am also very thankful to my colleagues at Conrad who have been very supportive all these while.

Summarizing her long idol journey as "wonderful" and "tiring", she said, "It feels so fulfilling and it still feels like a dream. I'm just really glad to touch people and their lives."

Source link: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/xin/2009123...s-3c1b9bc.html