Thread: World's most beautiful soldier- Lance-Corporal Katrina Hodge

Default World's most beautiful soldier- Lance-Corporal Katrina Hodge

World's most beautiful soldier

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.dailychilli.com/images/stories/2010/01/01_07/katrina%20hodge1.jpg')
    [COLOR=#666666]Meet Miss England, Lance-Corporal Katrina Hodge[/COLOR]

Report by Noorsila Abd Majid

Talk about girl power.

Lance-Corporal Katrina Hodge is not just Miss England 2009. She is a British army solidier who wrestled an Iraqi fighter while on her tour of duty in Iraq and saved the lives of her comrades.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.dailychilli.com/images/stories/2010/01/01_07/katrina%20hodge2.jpg')
    [COLOR=#666666]The Combat Barbie in action[/COLOR]

"Our vehicle was unexpectedly involved in a road traffic accident", the 22-year-old toldTimes Online in an interview.

"We rolled over three times but when we came to, an Iraqi had taken our weapons."

The gutsy lance-corporal whopped her opponent and restrained him. And lived to tell the tale.

"To me, it was nothing special. It’s the job. The training," Hodge recollected.
    To the beautiful brunette, firing a gun is like playing paintball.

But Hodge declined to tell whether she's killed anyone in the battlefield or not.

"I don't want to answer that question. I can't go into detail."
    Born into a middle-class family in Tunbridge Wells, about 50km southeast of central London, the Combat Barbie - as her platoon has nicknamed her, grew up wanting to be a performing artist.

"But my brother threw down the gauntlet one afternoon and I was hooked," she said.

"So I decided to join the army. I’ve always been a determined, decisive character.”
    The tough cookie has never wanted to be a beauty queen.

"I entered the Miss England competition for a laugh," Hodge explained.

"And to prove the lads wrong. I enjoy challenging stereotypes. The lads told me I wouldn’t be able to do it: I could barely walk in high heels."

"I was that much of a tomboy. But I practised every night with books on my head to prove them wrong."
    "They all came along to the final and cheered me on. You could hear the rabble of army lads when I came on stage”.
    Aside from wanting to break stereotypes, Hodge also wanted to be a beauty queen on a peace mission.

"You hear girls in beauty pageants talking about wanting world peace, but I'm out there trying to achieve peace for real and I want more girls to join up," she was quoted saying in an interview with The Sun.
    Now that she's been voted the fairest of 'em all in England, would Hodge consider a career switch to say, modelling?

"I still enjoy my job so I’m going to carry on doing it as long as I enjoy it, up to 22 years," she enthused.

"Besides, in 10 years' time, I hope to get a house, and maybe married with kids."

Published Nov 4 2010

Link

http://www.dailychilli.com/news/1625...utiful-soldier

I like that attitude, doing it for the hell of it, and to defy stereotypes. She's alright looking, but not that pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    I like that attitude, doing it for the hell of it, and to defy stereotypes. She's alright looking, but not that pretty.
    The article has delved into stereotyping right from the start - notice the strong and repeated emphasis on beauty?

Published Nov 4 2010
    This makes me laugh.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    The article has delved into stereotyping right from the start - notice the strong and repeated emphasis on beauty?
    I don't really care how the article spins it, it's more her attitude I'm talking about. She was a tomboy and the soldiers didn't think she could enter a beauty pageant. And she showed that tomboys can enter these stupid pageants. You don't have to be butch to enter the military.