Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite cuisine and why?

Default What is your favorite cuisine and why?

I love Thai and Indian food cuz I love curries. Yum

What is your favorite cuisine and why?

Chinese is a favorite by default, and the varieties are incredibly rich. I love non-greasy Cantonese, while spicy flavorful Sichuan is always welcome.

Vietnamese has been a personal favorite for a long time. The quality of my life would suffer if I could not enjoy authentic Vietnamese food regularly.

Living in America, I've become accustomed to some staples of American food, such as a good burger, a juicy tender steak, and babyback ribs (yeah, I'm a meat lover).

I've tried some French food, and it's always been yummy. Often delicately prepared and presented.
    Last edited by PJ; 01-06-10 at 01:11 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I'm very much into spices and also because of the un-boring gravy flavours to go with. Indian (North or South), Turkish and Muslim tops my list of choices on a frequent basis. You got to love the different kinds of curry in Indian cuisines, and among them, my favourite has to be mutton curry. The Thai green curry is worthy of praise but that could be the only thing in Thai cuisine that I enjoyed.

On the muslim menu, I love the rendang beef with rice, it's second to none (if you're into chilli)!

And, among the Turks, Kebab is the kind of meat you'll love to have in your daily meal til you get bored. It's an art to do the kebab; it's a taste that gets you want more.

The Italian cuisine would be next. I love the cleverly combined of natural flavours of olive, lemon grass, etc in their dishes. Spaghetti and other pasta dishes are really easy to do it at home.

Chinese is fine with me, especially enjoy Cantonese cuisines. That's about it. Haven't tried a sincere dish of French so I can't comment, just as other european food. For the western style cuisine like steak and all, I just averagely enjoy them and can live with or without.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-06-10 at 01:54 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

i like sashimi ^_^, also thai cuisine due to the sour-spicy taste~and i really love dumplings (northern chinese style) dipped in vinegar.

I like chinese best, prob cause I am biased. Italian and French cuisines are almost always good at restaurants. I also like the simplicity of Japanese cuisine.

Generally I don't like Korean, Indian, Malay and Thai.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Czech, of course. It's is caloric, unhealthy, and rich in fat but yummy. There's generally a lot of meat in central European cuisines and I'm *rather* carnivorous. Most of all I love Czech dumplings and sauces and gravies (and of course the aforementioned meat - esp. fried and roasted - unwise of me, I know). Czech dishes generally lack the sophistication of more famous cuisines but they are very satisfying...:-)

Chinese cuisine and its varieties is another fave though I lack the insight necessary for me to be able to tell what variety would be closest to my tastes. But I've yet to taste a Chinese dish that I wouldn't like.

North African & Arabic cuisine. I like the combination of flavors and I love cinnamon in pretty much *anything*, incl. meat dishes.

I also like the traditional English cuisine, for its relative simplicity and purity.
    Last edited by Cesare; 01-06-10 at 11:38 AM.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

What does Czech dishes include? Can you post pictures?

I personally like Japanese, Thai, Italian, French, and Finnish cuisine the best. I also like specific types of Chinese cuisine.
    I generally prefer foods that have a good taste, without being to strong or oily/greasy. I find too much Chinese food to be greasy, and they make me feel sick.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Banh Mi: Svickova is a favorite of mine. It's baked sliced sirloin served with thick sauce (rather creamy, made of pulped root vegetables) and bread dumplings ( though it's just as yummy with potatoes as far as I'm concerned - but then, I'm a potato-holic).
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.uzlateholva.eu/menu_pic/image039.jpg')

Bramboraky (or potato pancakes) is another personal fave.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ok-recepty.cz/grafika/bramborove-placky-bramboraky-11.jpg')
    Basicaly grated raw potatoes + some eggs + a little flour + marjory + a LOT of garlic + diced bacon or salami (optional - I personally prefer my bramboraky without this addition) - you throw it all together, mix it and fry it.

A very popular "pub" dish is pickled hermelin (hermelin is a kind of cheese very similar to camembert or brie) - and pickled soft cheeses in general, inluding pickled tvaruzky (a ripened soft cheese - smells like a leprotic devil's left foot, but tastes pretty good).
    Pickled hermelin:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.potrefena-husa.com/files/u3/Nakladany_hermelin.jpg')

There's more of course, these are just a couple of personal favorites.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

That looks pretty interesting. Unsure about fried pancakes, due to lack of meat, but I won't know since I haven't tried it.

Banh Mi: You can always add some meat into the potato pancakes.
    What can be pretty good is potato pancake filled either with cheese or with some sort of vegetable and meat mix...
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ok-recepty.cz/grafika/bramborove-placky-bramboraky-11.jpg')
    Basicaly grated raw potatoes + some eggs + a little flour + marjory + a LOT of garlic + diced bacon or salami (optional - I personally prefer my bramboraky without this addition) - you throw it all together, mix it and fry it.
    I'll try to do that at home sometime. Yummy! I think I have tried a "mini-me" version of Bramboraky before. Something similar but that fried patty consists of only potato (sticks form) and sliced onion then covered with flour.

I love potatoes and cheese. I can always replace my ricey meal with potatoes!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-06-10 at 11:21 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I'll try to do that at home sometime. Yummy! I think I have tried a "mini-me" version of Bramboraky before. Something similar but that fried patty consists of only potato (sticks form) and sliced onion then covered with flour.

I love potatoes and cheese. I can always replace my ricey meal with potatoes!
    i love potato too, but i preferred them baked or boiled.

I love potato dishes served in any form actually. Baked or boiled are healthier way of cooking.

Boiled potato, mashed it then mix it with butter/ melted cheese and a pinch of sugar, that's my favourite convenient breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    Oh my, that just looks absolutely mouth wateringly delicious!!
    Yum Yum Yum

i love thai food, no surprise there. but the thai food i speak of is different from what foreigners know. the general curries and pad thai is good and all but it doesn't compare to the rural dishes made from fresh vegetables and animals that are from your own backyard.

a hot and spicy chicken stew (gaeng kai bahn nauk) made by my aunties is the best! pork and pepper dip (naam prik aung) is also another dish that the north know how to make. i can go on and on, but i'm drooling at work!

i like the spicy and sour flavours so thai cusine is absolutely delicious for me.

i could also live with korean, vietnamese, and chinese (mostly steamed) food.

Chinese, Korean, Mexican, Japanese.

I'm not a big fan of South East Asian cuisine. I find much of it too sweet. Or maybe I'm just getting the American versions.

Southeast Asian, Mexican, Chinese, & Italian are all unbelievably good. Actually Quebec cuisine is probably at the top of my list with poutines & tourtieres...so irresistable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    Chinese, Korean, Mexican, Japanese.

I'm not a big fan of South East Asian cuisine. I find much of it too sweet. Or maybe I'm just getting the American versions.
    sweet? thai food is mainly spicy and sour. dessert is sweet, very sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    a hot and spicy chicken stew (gaeng kai bahn nauk) made by my aunties is the best!

i like the spicy and sour flavours so thai cusine is absolutely delicious for me.
    I'd love to try that chicken stew!

I love spicy food alone! Spicy and sour can be nice but when the flavour gets too strong, my stomach can't take it.