Thread: The Asian Drivers Glorification Thread

Default The Asian Drivers Glorification Thread

...because apparently, I (and perhaps hundreds of millions of others) bash them/us too much.

Please don't crash this thread...

Ken, I didn't think you were anything close to Santa Claus until you made this thread happen.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Ken, I didn't think you were anything close to Santa Claus until you made this thread happen.
    Totally agreed.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I take revenge in the strangest and swiftest ways.

I give people what they want, and make them regret having ever wanted it.

You know, kind of like this guy --------------->

^Ok, which means, I should simply place the 'n' at the end of S___ Claus so that it becomes Satan Claus. That's eerie.... and your second line of description too - Eerie!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Satan!
    It's about time you guys knew whom your Wuxia Moderator REALLY is!

I would like to see the stats from insurance companies to see which ethnicities do get into more accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    I would like to see the stats from insurance companies to see which ethnicities do get into more accidents.
    They're probably either outright forbidden by the government to compile and record such statistics, or choose not to do it out of fear of being slapped with lawsuits for discriminatory profiling.

Oh, they have it compiled. They just can't publish even the sightest hint of that information in any official form or price anybody differently because of it.

OK. I don't know if this anecdote counts as glorification of Asian driving, but Asian driving is the theme. I'll leave it for you to decide whether or not it's glorious.

I have a friend named Alice. She's from China. In November, Alice became the proud owner of a brand new Smart car.

I admit that I've been curious about these glorified (heh) golf carts since I first saw them in the DA VINCI CODE movie a few years ago, but until Alice got hers, I didn't know anybody who owned one. Just before Christmas, Alice caught me snooping into the windows of her Smart car in the parking lot.

Alice knew I was curious about the car because I'd asked her many questions about it since she bought it, so she made me an offer: she'd take me for a ride in it if I bought her lunch that day.

Lunch for a ride in the Smart car? Hell, yeah!

So Alice got behind the wheel and I took the passenger seat. She took us onto the freeway, where we were soon surrounded by fast-moving traffic, including a number of sizable trucks.

I don't think I've ever been as afraid for my life as I was during the twenty minutes we were on the freeway.

Naturally, I came back in one piece (to tell this tale three weeks later), and Alice got her lunch. I also fulfilled my curiosity about Smart cars (and concluded that I'll probably never buy one).

asians are the worst drivers
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Driving a Smart car on the freeway is like running into battle with leather armour where everybody else is wearing chain mail or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    Driving a Smart car on the freeway is like running into battle with leather armour where everybody else is wearing chain mail or better.
    It was actually worse than that. I felt *naked*.

Alice, however, knew no fear. She took full advantage of the Smart car's nimbleness and small size to get between those big, heavy trucks.

I don't know if she was trying to impress me with her driving skills or not. She scared the hell out of me, though.

You guys... this is the GLORIFICATION thread!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's about time you guys knew whom your Wuxia Moderator REALLY is!

Shouldn't it be "who" not "whom" and "know, not "knew"?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I have a friend named Alice. She's from China. In November, Alice became the proud owner of a brand new Smart car.
    Is she young, hot, and single? If so, go for it Ken. Good luck.

I admit that I've been curious about these glorified (heh) golf carts since I first saw them in the DA VINCI CODE movie a few years ago, but until Alice got hers, I didn't know anybody who owned one. Just before Christmas, Alice caught me snooping into the windows of her Smart car in the parking lot.

Alice knew I was curious about the car because I'd asked her many questions about it since she bought it, so she made me an offer: she'd take me for a ride in it if I bought her lunch that day.

Lunch for a ride in the Smart car? Hell, yeah!
    Getting exciting huh

So Alice got behind the wheel and I took the passenger seat. She took us onto the freeway, where we were soon surrounded by fast-moving traffic, including a number of sizable trucks.

I don't think I've ever been as afraid for my life as I was during the twenty minutes we were on the freeway.

Naturally, I came back in one piece (to tell this tale three weeks later), and Alice got her lunch. I also fulfilled my curiosity about Smart cars (and concluded that I'll probably never buy one).
    Quite an adventure huh...
    I actually think Smart Car is good for people who are single and live in small town/city and only drive locally.

Alice, however, knew no fear. She took full advantage of the Smart car's nimbleness and small size to get between those big, heavy trucks.

I don't know if she was trying to impress me with her driving skills or not. She scared the hell out of me, though.

That is pretty cool but I wouldn't want to be in her car though.

if she drove in China, then she probably had plenty of practice with that "nimbleness".

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    if she drove in China, then she probably had plenty of practice with that "nimbleness".
    Alice grew up in China, but I think she started driving in the States.

She definitely has no fear, however.

you surely haven't been to indonesia (or india some say), where we had many happy times on motorcycle.. taking over lorries, without helm, in a freeway. and sometimes we take our 2 years old toddler on the ride also...