Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mahathir: 9/11 was staged

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Athlee, you're in Malaysia too? How many Malaysians do we have at SPCNET?
    I'm sure there are many more. But I know 7 in spcnet.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I'm sure there are many more. But I know 7 in spcnet.
    Kidd, HYS, Han Solo, Athlee, Roslean (?sp), Ian Liew, who else?
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Kidd, HYS, Han Solo, Athlee, Roslean (?sp), Ian Liew, who else?
    Ok, I miss out Han Solo. So, 8 then, including yours truly.

Haha, I don't know whether the other 2 want to reveal their nationality or not. So, I won't list out.

Update: Ok, already asked one of them. She doesn't mind. So, another fellow Malaysia is sehseh.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-24-10 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    RWX: yea, I am Malaysian, sad to say.
    Why sad? Hate the government*, but love the country lah. Ini tanah tumpah darah mu.

*I don't hate the government though. Despite it's many flaws, it still manage to keep the country in peace (that's the most important thing in a country) and we the minority still have a lot of freedom.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-24-10 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sowfoong View Post
    I am astounded by this man's words and wonder if he truly believes in what he said or is it just politics? I also wonder what he would do if he is challenged to produce any evidence to back up his words.

Link to article:

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story...554&sec=nation
    Actually Dr.M was not the only one who thinks 9/11 was staged or was he the first person who presented this idea.

Lots of conspiracy theories has surrounded the tragedy.

Politicians often said different things to different audience. Dr.M is no different. It's quite hard to tell whether he really believes this idea or not. But, I'm leaning towards he believes.

His blog article on 9/11
    http://chedet.co.cc/chedetblog/2010/...r-11-2001.html
    Last edited by kidd; 01-24-10 at 09:56 PM.

kidd: It is sad since we are considered immigrants in our own country. Perhaps you don't think or feel it, but personally, I feel like a second class citizen in this country.

The Old Horse is a crook, but unfortunately, so is Anwar and Najib.
    Quote Originally Posted by remixedasian View Post
    6: Duan Yu is the greatest martial artist of all time

kidd: It is sad since we are considered immigrants in our own country. Perhaps you don't think or feel it, but personally, I feel like a second class citizen in this country.
    Oic. Yeah, this made me sad and angry too. I actually don't mind them having some privileges since even as second class citizen, we still can have fairly good life (There's religion freedom and freedom to practice our own custom and study our own language. We even have government schools using Tamil and Mandarin as medium of instruction and communication). But them seeing us as immigrants is one sore spot for me.

I studied in SRK and SMK instead of SRJK and SMJK. So, during school, I mixed a lot with other races. I always considered us as all Malaysians despite the difference in status. It's a great shock to me the first time I read a bumi wrote (in asianfantics) that we are immigrants who need to be forever grateful we are ALLOWED (yes, that person actually capitalised this word) to stay in Malaysia. I was even more sad to know that this is not an isolated case and many more have the same sentiments. I wonder what these people think of the Indonesian immigrants who is granted bumiputra status.

But, despite this I still love my country.

I also believe those with this sentiment are only the more outspoken and loud ones while the majority of bumiputra do think of us as fellow Malaysians. Call me idealistic.

Lastly, what I like most is over Malaysian TV channels air most shows in their original language. I certainly won't like watching HK series dubbed in Mandarin like in Mainland and Singapore.

The Old Horse is a crook, but unfortunately, so is Anwar and Najib.
    Haha, that is true.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-25-10 at 12:18 AM.

kidd: here's more quotes from the dominant and ruling race of our ccountry that you love so much:

“The Malays have been tolerant enough. God willing, we will lead the Malays against them,” Ibrahim Ali

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/i...-malay-leaders

or maybe

"Its proven historically that this is Tanah Melayu. Others are categorised as second class citizens," Ahmad Mahayuddin

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/i...ch-racist-rant

kidd: here's more quotes from the dominant and ruling race of our ccountry that you love so much:
    What's with the sarcasm? So, loving your country is wrong now?

“The Malays have been tolerant enough. God willing, we will lead the Malays against them,” Ibrahim Ali

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/i...-malay-leaders

or maybe

"Its proven historically that this is Tanah Melayu. Others are categorised as second class citizens," Ahmad Mahayuddin

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/i...ch-racist-rant
    You don't need to show me. I've read all these and many more and I still maintain that these are the loud and vocal ones and don't represent all bumis. Just like those guys demonstrating against the Allah usage. Outsiders would think that all the Muslims are against it just by watching the clips or listening to one or two Muslims talk. But, is that true?

These are politicians and leaders who like to play on the race card to consolidate their power.

What about those friendly and helpful bumis you meet in your day to day life?
    Last edited by kidd; 01-25-10 at 04:39 AM.

kidd: sorry about the sarcasm, seriously very bad week. I am not saying it is wrong to love your country, just that I don't and that this country isn't really ours.

Those friendly and helpful bumis seem to get less and less with each passing year. Oh, not all Muslims are against the usage, but a very high percentage is. Attitude is hardening on all fronts, things that would and could be ignored are being scrutinised. Like you said, the Old horse is a politician, he plays to the audience. In all his years here, how many times has he went against the way the wind blows? He is very in tune with what his audience wants to hear, and his audience is the malays.

A friend once told me about how he does business (he sold laptops and computers). We don't want the smart informed customer, they are fussy and calculative, cutting profit down as fast as we can make them. What we want are the uninformed and uneducated people. These are the real customers.

The same can be said of the Old Horse, he chooses his audience and plays to him. When he was younger and without a position, he was the perfect ultra. Then he became PM, he was suddenly all for Bangsa Malaysia (which was his idea, although it failed). Now? He is back to being the champion of his race, it is no longer Bangsa Malaysia, it is Malay supremacy. It is Islam is under attack.

Do you guys remember the Petronas ads during the festive season?

That was the Malaysia of my childhood but now I don't really think it is possible any more. (even though 1969 will always linger in the memory of any Chinese- that incident killed off any real hope of political equality ever and left us equal in an unequal sense of self).

Also one last thought, before pointing even more fingers, I'm sure we treat most immigrant cultures harshly- the fillipinos, the Burmese, the Indonesians, the bangadaleshi etc. Forever guest worker- never citizen.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Nah, the Indonesians are granted bumi status instead. At least those in the East are.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Actually Dr.M was not the only one who thinks 9/11 was staged or was he the first person who presented this idea.

Lots of conspiracy theories has surrounded the tragedy.

Politicians often said different things to different audience. Dr.M is no different. It's quite hard to tell whether he really believes this idea or not. But, I'm leaning towards he believes.

His blog article on 9/11
    http://chedet.co.cc/chedetblog/2010/...r-11-2001.html
    Kidd,
    I know that Dr M was not the only one who thinks 9/11 was staged..., but I did expect him to be more sensible and be respectful to the victims of the tragedy. I was actually taken aback when I first read his comments. I forgot it was all politics. What a shame!

I can understand the frustrations of some concerned non Bumiputras. I am sure people can be happy and be satisfied with their lives if they are willing to ignore the unfairness with which they were sometimes treated. I wonder if there is any country on this planet where all citizens are truly treated fairly and all have equal rights?

Quote Originally Posted by sowfoong View Post
    Kidd,
    I can understand the frustrations of some concerned non Bumiputras. I am sure people can be happy and be satisfied with their lives if they are willing to ignore the unfairness with which they were sometimes treated. I wonder if there is any country on this planet where all citizens are truly treated fairly and all have equal rights?
    No, there isn't.

I wonder if there is any country on this planet where all citizens are truly treated fairly and all have equal rights?
    That would be Utopia, the land that never was.