View Poll Results: How important is "Made in...." and "Product of..." to you??

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very important

3 25.00%
  • Somewhat important

7 58.33%
  • Not important at all

2 16.67%
  • Others... Explain.

0 0%

Thread: How important is "Made in...." and "Product of..." to you??

Default How important is "Made in...." and "Product of..." to you??

For foods products, it's very important to me as products from certain countries have the reputation of low price but also low quality. For certain fruits in grocery store, the ones that from china is a lot cheaper than than the ones from most of other countries. Despite being cheaper, many people still go for the ones not from china. As for me, I avoid most food items from china but not non-food item. How about you??

If it's for my own use, I don't really care that much. But if I'm buying a present for a present, then I am usually a bit more careful. Made in China products aren't very popular pressies...

somewhat, because it determined the costs... once, i'd been to this shop that tells me certain clothes are entitled to 40% off, and certain arent. its confusing since the 'certain' clothes goes by article no, and you expect a typical consumer to know? after checking the tags, i realised which ones are having the sale...those clothes MADE in CHINA.

those that are MADE in FRANCE, are selling at the original price.

its easier to determine which ones gets a discount checking the manufacturing country, then the so-called 'article number' as the salesgirl pointed to me.

*and of course, i bought the made in china ones...
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    somewhat, because it determined the costs... once, i'd been to this shop that tells me certain clothes are entitled to 40% off, and certain arent. its confusing since the 'certain' clothes goes by article no, and you expect a typical consumer to know? after checking the tags, i realised which ones are having the sale...those clothes MADE in CHINA.

those that are MADE in FRANCE, are selling at the original price.

its easier to determine which ones gets a discount checking the manufacturing country, then the so-called 'article number' as the salesgirl pointed to me.

*and of course, i bought the made in china ones...
    I guess the profit margin of the ones that Made in France are pretty low so that the store owner can not give 40% off. On the other hand, the profit margin of the ones that Made in China is sky high so 40% off is not that big of a deal. Made in China product must be super duper cheap. It's sad that China is sticking to making super cheap products instead of trying for high quality and expensive products like LV, Gucci, Hermes, ect...

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I guess the profit margin of the ones that Made in France are pretty low so that the store owner can not give 40% off. On the other hand, the profit margin of the ones that Made in China is sky high so 40% off is not that big of a deal. Made in China product must be super duper cheap. It's sad that China is sticking to making super cheap products instead of trying for high quality and expensive products like LV, Gucci, Hermes, ect...
    well, not everyone is RICH enough to afford LV, Gucci, Hermes....

there are plenty of decent quality that's made in China too; and the price is reasonable for most part. The other reason why made in china is less costly is probably due to lower wages for the workers, and this has really nothing to do with quality.

In vietnam, they selled embroidery for a really good bargain, even though the workmanship was excellent, they do not cost as much, well, the idea is, low wages, not the quality.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.