Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Anime Are You Watching?

Thanks for the recommendations. I've seen Hikaru no Go and liked that one.

I just got hooked on Grandchild of Nurarihyon. It's about the grandson of a spirit,named Rikuo (day) who's 1/4 spirit and the rest human. But he's the successor of the Nura Clan who leads all the other weaker spirits in the Night of Spirit Parade. Night Rikuo, is the spirit alter-ego (kind of like D.N. Angel/Yu-Gi-Oh) but it's still him. And haha I love all the seiyuus in this anime. Voices are so sexy. Hahah...Night Rikuo is so cool and kickass awesome spirit "king" known as the Supreme Commander of all spirits under his Nura clan. The OST songs are great and lots of interesting spirit characters..the spirit characters kind of remind me of Spirited Away with all those types of spirit creatures. Rikuo has some friends at school that are so interested in seeing spirits but he likes to keep it down low about his family heritage. Enter a girl who controls omnyoji (can't spell right) who exocist spirits but is saved by Rikuo many times. Each episode is a continuation of the last episode. It's really good. If you're a fan of Inuyasha and anime that has that anicent Japan feel to it, you'll like this. Rikuo as his spirit form wields a katana sword, though as his normal form he can fight well with a sword too. There's a faction against Rikuo becoming the Third generation Supreme Commander of spirits. It's a good anime for both shounen/shoujo audience.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

My Current list i've been watching on Anime sites or Netflix/ or Seen since around October of 2010

Samurai Deeper Kyo <- Number 1 for me
    Gun X Sword <- Top 3 for me
    Katanagatari <- Another Top 3, LOVE This anime so

(Note: Some of these are older anime while some are still airing)

Bleach
    Naruto Shippuden
    Freezing
    Beelzebub
    Angelic Layer
    Black Blood Brothers
    Blood +
    Chrome Shelled Regios
    Claymore <- One of my Favs
    D. Gray Man
    Darker Then Black (All of them)
    Dragon Drive
    Dragonaut: The Resonance
    Elfen Lied
    Eureka Seven
    FLCL
    Kaze no Stigma
    Kiba
    Linebarrels of Iron
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    RahXephon
    S-cry-ed
    Soul Eater

I'm watching Toriko right now. Anyone else watching this? It makes me so hungry. =/

Dragonball Kai

This remastered version of DBZ is actually very good since it heavily edits the old anime to more closely follow the manga. It doesn't have the classic "Cha-la head cha-la" song but the new OP and ED songs (The "Dokan! Dokan!" and "Moto! Moto!" songs) are pretty good.

It really brings up memories of watching the series some 20 years back...
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Dragonball Kai

This remastered version of DBZ is actually very good since it heavily edits the old anime to more closely follow the manga. It doesn't have the classic "Cha-la head cha-la" song but the new OP and ED songs (The "Dokan! Dokan!" and "Moto! Moto!" songs) are pretty good.

It really brings up memories of watching the series some 20 years back...

Journey to the West 2009 cartoon version. now I'm not sure if you guys consider cartoon an anime but I don't really understand the difference.

i have too many that i'm currently watching. how about the ones that i'm particularly enjoying?shinryaku! ika musume - how can you not love a show about a girl with tentacles as her hair, vomiting squid ink, working at a seaside cafe and trying to take over the world?kuragehime - must be a sea theme. this reminds me of otaku no musume-san, except it's not about a daughter, but a cross-dressing bishounen.mm! - fine, it's about a masochistic high schooler trying to change his ways, but it can be quite cute and sweet at moments.and a sentimental pick from my old collection for a re-watch - dennou coil - go watch it if you haven't.
    Signature removed because it contains commercial links.

Quote Originally Posted by mark520 View Post
    i have too many that i'm currently watching. how about the ones that i'm particularly enjoying?shinryaku! ika musume - how can you not love a show about a girl with tentacles as her hair, vomiting squid ink, working at a seaside cafe and trying to take over the world?kuragehime - must be a sea theme. this reminds me of otaku no musume-san, except it's not about a daughter, but a cross-dressing bishounen.mm! - fine, it's about a masochistic high schooler trying to change his ways, but it can be quite cute and sweet at moments.and a sentimental pick from my old collection for a re-watch - dennou coil - go watch it if you haven't.
    Haha. That sound like a very funny anime. Must get my hands on it. I'm still in the middle of Soul Eater. Up to episode 38...going very slowly. Want to watch Darker Than Black too.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

Currently i am watching Pokemon and Dragon Balls.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-17-11 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Remove smurf movie download link

I'm currently watching Bakemonogatari, and enjoying it immensely. I can't figure out why, but it's really enjoyable.

EDIT:

AAAAAHHHH!! My DVD set is the original series which ends at Episode 12, and according to the net there are 15 Episodes, the last three of which were only originally aired online. I need to find the newer DVD sets which have the whole 15 Episodes there then. It's horrible, Episode 12 ends with the last story arc "Tsubasa Cat" unresolved too... it was great fun, though. Haven't enjoyed an anime as much as this for a while. I'm also watching Rurouni Kenshin, which is entertaining, has a more regular storyline, but which I gladly stopped halfway to watch Bakemonogatari. I loved Bakemonogatari far more than Rurouni Kenshin (at least up to where I've watched so far) - it is just quite special, focused on character development, a LOT of talking, hilarious imagery almost inspired by Monty Python, and some very unforgettable characters. My favourite character has to be Hachikuji Mayoi, the lost snail!

Back to Rurouni Kenshin now, I guess, until I find the complete Bakemonogatari DVD set somewhere, I guess.
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 07-13-11 at 03:25 PM.

I'm watching Journey to the West really old school anime
    check this out

Managed to find at 15-episode DVD set of Bakemonogatari, and finished it! Very enjoyable, but not everyone's cup of tea. Continued with Rurouni Kenshin, and like everyone mentioned in the Kenshin thread, enjoyed the Kyoto arc immensely, and stopped watching once everyone went back to Tokyo since it's all downhill after the Kyoto story ends (and it has a large number of episodes). Really liked Sojiro Seta, and felt incredibly sorry for Yumi Komigata and Houji Satojima. Intense story, although the final fight did drag on a bit. The relationship between Yumi and Sojiro was so moving, and went far beyond "fellow henchman/woman", and the bad guys were fleshed out so well you had to feel for them too. Kamatari of the Great Scythe was hilarious, though!

Moved on to Fate Stay/Night (24 eps) which had very interesting and cool characters, although the Pokemon/Bakugan-esque plot was quite shallow, and the ending quite sad and predictable. Love Rin Tohsaka, although like her servant Archer, I can't believe she would do the things she does for a rival unless she had romantic feelings for him. There was no way she was going to win the competition the way she kept bailing Shiruo and Saber out of trouble again and again, and when she finally lost Archer it made the whole thing just silly. I heard that there were alternate versions of this anime, so I'll go and see if the other stories are any better. Nice music, though.

Following from Suet Seung's post, I've gotten Nurarihyon No Mago, and will start it shortly. It looks very promising, and only 25 Episodes!

I recently finished watching Akagi, an anime about mahjong gambling which has a lot of psychological battles.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Finished Nurarihyon No Mago, and it was excellent, one of the best I've watched recently. Season 2 is supposed to be out somewhere but I'm still searching for it. After that I went back and completed Black Butler which I aborted halfway due to boredom (it got better after that, much better), and I'm now watching Steins Gate. Again, this one started slowly, but was redeemed by having some really lovable characters (I love Mayuri more even though it's Kurisu, who is quite likeable herself, who's supposed to be the poster girl for the series). About halfway through the light feel of the series suddenly becomes very intense and almost scary, and now I can't wait to see how they resolve it. Time travel is a difficult plotline to write a story about, and Steins Gate is no exception, but the characters are well-written enough that it holds the series together.

EDIT:

Finished Steins Gate, and it was great. It's been a long time since an anime could make me cry in public (if you tear easily do not watch it in Starbucks on your notebook). It wasn't a sad ending, but there's a point in the second half where a lot of good people had to sacrifice some wonderful dreams of their own in order to restore the timeline as it was, and it was very sad how each of them agreed to forfeit their dreams which came true from altering history. Then the bit where Okabe and Kurisu admitted their love for each other, only to have to say goodbye, the way Kurisu said goodbye at the station, and the way she rushed back just to say "I love you" (which she failed to complete because she was out of breath) just before Okabe made the time leap back to the past. It could very well have ended sadly, and probably should have, but the good ending just made the entire journey more uplifting. Kurisu really developed well into the female lead in the second half, and yes, she eventually became my favourite character too, even if she could be characterised into your typical tsundere.
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 10-21-11 at 12:46 PM.

My current list:
    Smile Pretty Cure
    Block Rock Shooter TV Series
    Senki Zessho Symphogear
    Rinne no Lagrange
    Moretsu Pirate
    Gosick [Ended, but watching a rerun]
    Dantalian no Shoka[Ended, but watching a rerun]
    A Certain Scientific Rail Gun[Ended, but watching a rerun]
    Milky Holmes Season 2
    Nisemonogatari
    Kill Me Baby
    High School DXD
    Another
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

Currently rewatching Inuyasha, still enjoy it very much =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Guiding skoo78 on a tour of the ROBOTECH universe.
    ....and I am hooked on it.
    Sim neej aws...

Watching ATM High School DXD Born And SHOKUGEKI NO SOMA I totally recommend watching both of those series it is definitely in the Top 10 2015 Ongoing Anime.

I'm watching Tokyo Ghoul again while I wait for the next season.

Currently I'm watching One-punch Man and Attack on Titan SS2. Both are pretty excellent with their original manga version and it's quite fascinating to see these characters in action.
    Use a nice clavicle brace and have an excellent posture like the all legendary pokemon list or Pokemon Sun and Moon Starters Pokemon.