Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Anime Are You Watching?

Default What Anime Are You Watching?

I noticed that there's already a "What Manga Are You Reading?" thread but nothing similar for anime. I think there should be one for anime too. I'm curious to know what everyone is currently watching or have recently finished. For me, none at the moment, I haven't been very up-to-date with them. The last one I saw was Skip Beat. Have I missed out on anything good these days?

*revving up your thread a little*

I'm watching Aoi Bungaku: Ningen Shikkaku starring Sakai Masato! I love his voice. The theme is definitely meant for adults only.

we don't watch a lot of anime but i bought claymore and samurai champloo on blu ray from amazon.

i watched some of claymore and have not started on sc yet.
    ---------
    Shellie

Two classics from the 1980s: VOLTRON and ROBOTECH.

It's been twenty-five years since I've watched *both* series at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    *revving up your thread a little*
    Thanks for revving up this thread Lady Zhuge!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Two classics from the 1980s: VOLTRON and ROBOTECH.

It's been twenty-five years since I've watched *both* series at the same time.
    I loved Robotech, it was one the very first anime I saw, which was when I was about 9 or so.

I just finished up Kobato and it was okay I suppose. I was expecting more since it is a CLAMP work. The storyline and characters were rather bland to me, nothing really refreshing or memorable. The only thing I liked about the anime was the stuffed dog, he was the only funny character. The episode where he got lost, after leaving the nursery's bazaar, and then ending up in Makona Land was hilarious. I really wonder if the manga is better and even worth reading at all.
    Last edited by botan; 03-28-10 at 02:52 AM.

I'm re-watching Ouran High School Host Club. I still love it the second time around. Still really funny, all the characters are so goofy. My only complaint is Renge popping up in every episode, she gets kind of annoying after a while. Definitely my favorite anime/manga. I really hope they will make a second season sometime.

Currently watching Minami-ke Okaeri on youtube. It's quite interesting.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by botan View Post
    I'm re-watching Ouran High School Host Club. I still love it the second time around. Still really funny, all the characters are so goofy. My only complaint is Renge popping up in every episode, she gets kind of annoying after a while. Definitely my favorite anime/manga. I really hope they will make a second season sometime.
    Definitely a great anime....
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

It's an old one but currently finishing Clannad. I already finish the first season and the after story(2nd season) is soooo good! It's so sad... First anime to make me cry in almost EVERY episode! I love you Nagisa! Actually I watched this online but I really wanted a collection of this series so I bought a copy on Ebay! Both seasons for just 20. So I was like "That's a steal!"
    YANG

so far almost everything the new season has to offer. minus mm , ironman, and the shounen ai one yougen no chi i think

Anime called 07-Ghost.

Watched a new one called Otome Yokai Zakuro [Demon Girl Zakuro?] It's not for me, but younger kids may like it.

Just finished Season 1 of Code Geass, I love it! And I'm waiting for the next episode of Togainu No Chi to be fan-subbed. I like it a lot, but I wish it was more violent...

Any new anime that's good to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Any new anime that's good to watch?
    What kind of anime are you into? And does it have to be new?

I'm watching Soul Eater. It is not as bad as I expected it.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

I am currently watching Naruto, and I love him, Gaara, and Shikamaru. Almost all of them had sad childhood which makes it sad most of the time. I want to rewatch Ranma 1/2 after I finish with this.
    Less Than Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    What kind of anime are you into? And does it have to be new?
    Simply put, what animes of any genre do you recommend and tell me something about it.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Simply put, what animes of any genre do you recommend and tell me something about it.
    It's hard to recommend something I'd think you like unless I know what you've liked in the past. We'll see what we can come up with. I don't really watch new anime though, so I'll just list the old ones I like.
    If you like Psychological thrillers. Try Monster by Naoki Urasawa.
    It's about a Japanese prodigy surgeon living in Germany. He saves the life of a young boy who turns out to be something of an anti-christ. Everyone around the young boy ends up dying, and the police think the doctor is behind it. So he has to go on the run while trying to uncover the conspiracy, which goes back to the Nazi regime. Really good series.

If you like action anime.
    Cowboy Bebop I think is the coolest anime. The characters are just cool, not like stupid emo protagonists of all the anime of today. It feels redundant talking about Cowboy Bebop since it seems like everyone's seen it. It's about a group of bounty hunters who go around the galaxy doing odd jobs to make ends meet. But each of the characters have their own secrets which ends up catching up to them. And the main character has to confront his past and his old nemesis from the criminal underworld.
    Overall, I love it for the style of the anime, it's just so jazzy/blues really about the music, and everything is just cool.

Hajime no Ippo
    My favourite boxing anime. It's very funny, and the boxing fights are very well done. This is how action scenes should be like. And it's hilarious.

For comedy

Great Teacher Onizuka
    If you like weird funny kind of anime, then GTO is the most hilarious thing ever. If you're more conservative of your anime, then it might not suit you

Slam Dunk
    This one is a classic, it's funny all around, and it'll make a basketball fan out of anyone

One Piece
    This is super mainstream, but I think it's way better than Naruto and other main stream anime. Though later on, it's plagued with filler episodes. The story is still very interesting, the world it's set in is very rich, and the characters are unique.

Golden Boy
    A 6 episode OAV about a guy who quit the top university when he scored top marks, to learn about life. He meets various attractive women who are in a problem of one sort or another. Even though he looks and acts like an idiot, he helps them out and reveals the genius that he is. At the end of each episode, they fall in love with him, about to offer him their body, when he ends up leaving with a goodbye note before they could do anything. It's funny and uplifting.

Hikaru no Go
    About the game of Go. It's a massively popular anime that pretty much sparked a massive popularity in Go. It did for Go what Slam Dunk did for Basketball in Japan. Very addictive anime even if you don't know how to play go.

Rainbow
    This one is a new anime. It's about 7 boys who end up in a prison for delinquents in Japan during the 50s. Together they grow to be men and help each other through the tough times and exploitative society. Eventually leaving the prison and finding their way in life. It gives a pretty cool perspective of what life in the 50s was like.

Gundam 00
    If you don't mind Gundam anime, any Gundam will do if you like war and politics.

History's Greatest Disciple
    This is a really funny anime about a kid who learns martial arts from 5 masters of different martial arts, while he handles the delinquents in school. Just your average funny martial arts anime.

Ranma 1/2
    The stupid funny kind of anime. This is a classic. I'm almost certain you've seen this. If you want me to elaborate more just ask.

There's alot more anime that I haven't mentioned. I migh be able to list more once I know what kind you're into.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    It's hard to recommend something I'd think you like unless I know what you've liked in the past. We'll see what we can come up with. I don't really watch new anime though, so I'll just list the old ones I like.
    If you like Psychological thrillers. Try Monster by Naoki Urasawa.
    It's about a Japanese prodigy surgeon living in Germany. He saves the life of a young boy who turns out to be something of an anti-christ. Everyone around the young boy ends up dying, and the police think the doctor is behind it. So he has to go on the run while trying to uncover the conspiracy, which goes back to the Nazi regime. Really good series.

If you like action anime.
    Cowboy Bebop I think is the coolest anime. The characters are just cool, not like stupid emo protagonists of all the anime of today. It feels redundant talking about Cowboy Bebop since it seems like everyone's seen it. It's about a group of bounty hunters who go around the galaxy doing odd jobs to make ends meet. But each of the characters have their own secrets which ends up catching up to them. And the main character has to confront his past and his old nemesis from the criminal underworld.
    Overall, I love it for the style of the anime, it's just so jazzy/blues really about the music, and everything is just cool.

Hajime no Ippo
    My favourite boxing anime. It's very funny, and the boxing fights are very well done. This is how action scenes should be like. And it's hilarious.

For comedy

Great Teacher Onizuka
    If you like weird funny kind of anime, then GTO is the most hilarious thing ever. If you're more conservative of your anime, then it might not suit you

Slam Dunk
    This one is a classic, it's funny all around, and it'll make a basketball fan out of anyone

One Piece
    This is super mainstream, but I think it's way better than Naruto and other main stream anime. Though later on, it's plagued with filler episodes. The story is still very interesting, the world it's set in is very rich, and the characters are unique.

Golden Boy
    A 6 episode OAV about a guy who quit the top university when he scored top marks, to learn about life. He meets various attractive women who are in a problem of one sort or another. Even though he looks and acts like an idiot, he helps them out and reveals the genius that he is. At the end of each episode, they fall in love with him, about to offer him their body, when he ends up leaving with a goodbye note before they could do anything. It's funny and uplifting.

Hikaru no Go
    About the game of Go. It's a massively popular anime that pretty much sparked a massive popularity in Go. It did for Go what Slam Dunk did for Basketball in Japan. Very addictive anime even if you don't know how to play go.

Rainbow
    This one is a new anime. It's about 7 boys who end up in a prison for delinquents in Japan during the 50s. Together they grow to be men and help each other through the tough times and exploitative society. Eventually leaving the prison and finding their way in life. It gives a pretty cool perspective of what life in the 50s was like.

Gundam 00
    If you don't mind Gundam anime, any Gundam will do if you like war and politics.

History's Greatest Disciple
    This is a really funny anime about a kid who learns martial arts from 5 masters of different martial arts, while he handles the delinquents in school. Just your average funny martial arts anime.

Ranma 1/2
    The stupid funny kind of anime. This is a classic. I'm almost certain you've seen this. If you want me to elaborate more just ask.

There's alot more anime that I haven't mentioned. I migh be able to list more once I know what kind you're into.
    Thank you SS for asking and BM for listing these. I'm about to be done with Naruto and am looking for another anime to watch so I'll be looking these up. : )
    Less Than Perfect