Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Sandra Bullock Trade

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    How is it that people could argue your point when one point come more distorted than the other?

No, I don't read anyone shaming men but obviously it appears that your posts which ridicule women are manifesting this thread.

I'm trying to save you from facing the fate of becoming a MCP. So, it's up to you to save yourself.
    I'm not ridiculing women. I'm just stopping people from giving women credit when the credit actually belongs to men.

What the hell is MCP? Does that have something to do with Hell? Because I'm told that's where all the hot easy chicks are in the afterlife.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    [I]As for me looking into the extremes, ask yourself this question: How many men would leave their wife if she quits her job tomorrow and chooses to stay at home (i.e bum)?
    probably close to zero. but I agree with that half of your argument. Men don't give a shit about their wife's career as long as it's not in prostitution.

I just don't agree with the level of importance a husband's career is to women you are placing but that's probably because we're not looking at the same ends of the scale. They do care enough so they have bragging rights, but then they also weigh up the family time factor too.

Let's face it most of us will never amount to greatness like inventing something, curing cancer etc. So there'll be some point where you're going to go "screw this, they don't pay me enough to do this shit, I have better things to do with my time. and a good wife will support that decision."

"Men cannot go backwards sexually. Women cannot go backwards in lifestyle." - Chris Rock.

I'm sure you're right for some women, but you're catching a bit of that Not All Women Are Like That syndrome from the Sisterhood.

As for me looking into the extremes, ask yourself this question: How many men would leave their wife if she quits her job tomorrow and chooses to stay at home (i.e bum)?
    Candide's pretty much right here. Far more men are OK with a stay-at-home-mom than women would be for a stay-at-home-dad. Even the language reflects this; the former is called a 'housewife', the latter is called a 'deadbeat'.

The truth of the matter is, when evaluating male suitability as a partner, as a rule, women do use criteria regarding 'success' (especially financial success) to a far greater degree than vice versa.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 04-01-10 at 04:48 AM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Women should pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that men keep thinking with their dicks, because if men start thinking with their Northern brains, women would be in serious troubles.
    No need to, since some men who think with their dicks already demostrated that kind of "serious trouble" via their dick-o-wonderland syndrome.

Your FSM argument is a lame defence. So is your lowering women talks which sound so much from a less sober mind.

I'm not ridiculing women. I'm just stopping people from giving women credit when the credit actually belongs to men.
    Fine, if you're not.

But hey, I have to remind you this reality: without their mom, you think you still can find your quick list favourite heroes, like Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Voltaire, Oscar Wilde, Zheng He, Tran Hung Dao, Mozart, Newton, Michael Jordan...? Ain't those mom the women behind the men?

What the hell is MCP? Does that have something to do with Hell? Because I'm told that's where all the hot easy chicks are in the afterlife.
    Supposed to mean Male Chauvinist Pinko. No, nothing to do with hell but has alot to do with the dick-o-wonderland syndrome.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 04-01-10 at 05:24 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I'm sure you're right for some women, but you're catching a bit of that Not All Women Are Like That syndrome from the Sisterhood.
    ahaha yeah I guess so. I guess I've reached a point where my work life balance has been too much on the work side and it's cost me, which has got me reassessing some life priorities. and i'm not just talking women here.

Career is easier when nobody holds you back. And it takes a certain mindset to pursue a career with determination and to cultivate one's talents with an uncompromising devotion to the cause - and that sort of mindset doesn't go well with domestic "warmth". Unless you find a spouse who's an effin' boring saint (and even such person can be hell of a nuisance and a good reason to stay late at work and take the longer road back home).
    Applies both to men and women.

Candide: If a woman costs money, contributes nothing and only enjoys herself, she's not much of a big deal either. Unless you think with your dick and have enough money on your bank account to pay for the expenses (incl. the cook and the cleaning lady), that is.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Banh Mi, you have no imagination at all, mate. Women can sometimes be more enjoyable with both their feet and back off the ground. Clearly you have not dated a gymnast. And we have got to mention the knees and palms...
    I only wanted to define it in no uncertain terms. They work better on a desk than behind a desk, right?

The original philosophical pondering was "Behind every great man is a woman that he could not get." Feminists cut out the last part in bold. It's how they roll.
    Candide, there is some truth to it. Without Wong Yung, Kwok Jing wouldn't get anywhere. Kwok Jing is not the only case. You need to watch more wuxia/ancient and even modern chinese serials and learn from it. You will see how much women willing to sacrifice for the man they love .

An old wise man once told me: "Women at best can be 30% of your happiness in life, but at worst they can be 99% of your misery."
    That old wise man missed a couple key words in the phrase. He should have told you "UGLY and STUPID Women at best can be 30% of your happiness in life, but at worst they can be 99% of your misery." If the woman is beautiful/pretty/cute/hot and intelligent, they can be more than 99% of your happiness in life and at worst 1% of your misery.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 04-01-10 at 03:45 PM.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Candide, there is some truth to it. Without Wong Yung, Kwok Jing wouldn't get anywhere. Kwok Jing is not the only case. You need to watch more wuxia/ancient and even modern chinese serials and learn from it. You will see how much women willing to sacrifice for the man they love .
    LOL! Who says too much television is bad for you? I myself learned many important things from watching wuxia growing up. There are some things that are so universal...I recommend EVERYONE take this advice. You can learn about the virtues of chivalry, brotherhood, filial piety, courtly love, and even abstinence before marriage!

That old wise man missed a couple key words in the phrase. He should have told you "UGLY and STUPID Women at best can be 30% of your happiness in life, but at worst they can be 99% of your misery." If the woman is beautiful/pretty/cute/hot and intelligent, they can be more than 99% of your happiness in life and at worst 1% of your misery.
    Might be a little bit hard to aspire towards being [as a woman] or landing [as a man]. But afterall, attractiveness is subjective and intelligence is relative. This is becoming an interestingly hostile thread.
    I like me.

Banh Mi, behind the desk can be good, under the desk is even better.

cedric, I've already said that it applies to wives or girlfriends, and that mothers play a great role in it. Also, I'd take MC, but I'm definitely not a Pinko, as RWX could vouch for my sky high opinion of his president. Pig is much better, I'd take that.

TC, did you just use a fictional character as an example? I'm afraid this discussion is way over your head, mate. As for the other one, when you manage to get your first GF, you'll understand what the old wise man said a bit better.

Cesare, you couldn't describe it any better. Now men, really think about what women contribute to your life. No, not with your dick, think with your brain.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

cedric, I've already said that it applies to wives or girlfriends, and that mothers play a great role in it. Also, I'd take MC, but I'm definitely not a Pinko, as RWX could vouch for my sky high opinion of his president. Pig is much better, I'd take that.
    Ok, noted about the Pig..... what with your preference for Pig? O_o

TC, tell me you're not serious with an argument like that?! -_-!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 04-01-10 at 10:45 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Banh Mi, behind the desk can be good, under the desk is even better.
    Haha. I have much to learn from you my friend.

This thread is starting to fail pretty badly.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

- A woman OTOH can succeed in such a trade, because men don't care about her career, which would only get in the way of a serious relationship & raising a family together.
    Men will only care when her career is more successful than his.

[I] How many men would leave their wife if she quits her job tomorrow and chooses to stay at home (i.e bum)?
    I think more men will leave if the wife is more successful than him career wise.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-02-10 at 02:26 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    ...doesn't this then make her not the right woman [Trinity] that KeongJai [Neo] was specifically referring to? Obviously, she's not The One.
    But how could any man ever know with 100% certainty that a woman is "The One"? He can't, and therefore, it's a dumb risk to take at the expense of his career... something that has a much higher likelihood of supporting him forever. I personally agree with this mentality. I think I speak for a majority of females when I say that little is more unattractive than a man who lacks ambition.

I really like this quote I picked up from a movie: "A man will always lose money (aka success) chasing women. But a man will never lose women chasing money" because it's so true.

Having said that, Candide's underlying message seems to propose that women are generally more intelligent with regards to dating/marriage prospects than men.
    Last edited by skylee; 04-02-10 at 05:24 PM.

This is not what I wish for. It doesn't benefit me. I have neither cancer nor AIDS.
    Yes, you will never have to worry about AIDS since you will never get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    This thread is starting to fail pretty badly.
    Actually I think it's rather entertaining. Just forget it guys. Candie has already set his mind on women being a certain way. Everyone's life experiences are different, so we will all come to separate conclusions.

Back to the original topic.........I would pick personal over professional. Happiness cannot be bought by a successful job/career, though money sure does help at times. More often than not, I realize that money usually causes more problems.

Cesare, you couldn't describe it any better. Now men, really think about what women contribute to your life. No, not with your dick, think with your brain.
    What a woman contributes to a man's life really depends on the man and the woman in question.

skylee: I can imagine quite a few things much more unattractive than a guy who lacks ambition.
    Last edited by Cesare; 04-02-10 at 07:16 PM.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by skylee View Post
    Having said that, Candide's underlying message seems to propose that women are generally more intelligent with regards to dating/marriage prospects than men.
    Hit it on the head, except that instead of "intelligent", I'd use the word "calculating".

It's because women spend nearly every waking moment since childhood thinking about it. Men don't. We're very naive.

Hit it on the head, except that instead of "intelligent", I'd use the word "calculating".

It's because women spend nearly every waking moment since childhood thinking about it. Men don't. We're very naive.
    Except, of course, for you.
    I like me.

Playing the man and not the ball, are we?

Men in general are naive in this compared to women. However, a few are more switched on, due to experience or being taught by older men who have been through it.