Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Immodest" women to blame for earthquakes

Default "Immodest" women to blame for earthquakes

Iranian cleric blames quakes on promiscuous women

Women who wear revealing clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes, an Iranian cleric says.

Hojjat ol-eslam Kazem Sediqi, the acting Friday prayer leader in Tehran, said women should stick to strict codes of modesty to protect themselves.

"Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray and spread adultery in society which increases earthquakes," he explained.

Source: BBC News
    This is so ridiculously funny (in a sad and offending way).
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

"Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray and spread adultery in society which increases earthquakes," he explained.
    I wonder what empirical data would support this conjecture? I must confess that I do find this pretty funny too, in a tragic sort of way too! I wonder if women are additionally blamed for other natural disasters, trivial/serious or otherwise?

Little Boy: Papa, the dog died! [sobs]
    Father: That's because the neighbor's girl was dressed immodestly when she walked in front of our house!
    I like me.

WTH???????????????????????????????????????
    is this dude serious?????????????????????????

He's certainly referring to the muffin top brigade. Those fatty boombas cause multiple earth quakes when they march down the street to the ice cream shop.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I wonder what empirical data would support this conjecture? I must confess that I do find this pretty funny too, in a tragic sort of way too! I wonder if women are additionally blamed for other natural disasters, trivial/serious or otherwise?

Little Boy: Papa, the dog died! [sobs]
    Father: That's because the neighbor's girl was dressed immodestly when she walked in front of our house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    He's certainly referring to the muffin top brigade. Those fatty boombas cause multiple earth quakes when they march down the street to the ice cream shop.
    This is even funnier
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I wonder if women are additionally blamed for other natural disasters, trivial/serious or otherwise?
    You know why the volcano erupted in Iceland a few days ago?

That's Nature's way of saying "FCUK YOU!" to dried up fun-free feminazis banning strip clubs: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...minist-country

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    This is so ridiculously funny (in a sad and offending way).
    its probably the old understanding of things ~ if bad things happened, God is punishing the people, because they do not behave. Given that concept (which was the mindset of people a few thousand years ago), it seemed easy to snoop around and then decide what they believe was the most sinful behavior, and blame these people for doing it.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Wow! I didn't know Iceland had a population of only 320,000 people! No wonder why their on the brink of "successfully" eradicating the sex industry. Couldn't be that hard to get an almost unanimous vote, huh?

In all seriousness though...daNg I'm glad to be born in a country where women are often treated to more informal privileges than men. Or else, judging from the amount of halters and low cut tops in my closet, I'd risked being stoned like the repentant prostitue of biblical fame! Tragic.

In my heart, to show or not to show...cleavage, is a rhetorical question.

Women who wear revealing clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes, an Iranian cleric says.
    WAIT! omg, is he talking about moi???? And I thought I was doing a public service.
    I like me.

Wow! I didn't know Iceland had a population of only 320,000 people! No wonder why their on the brink of "successfully" eradicating the sex industry. Couldn't be that hard to get an almost unanimous vote, huh?

In all seriousness though...daNg I'm glad to be born in a country where women are often treated to more informal privileges than men. Or else, judging from the amount of halters and low cut tops in my closet, I'd risked being stoned like the repentant prostitue of biblical fame! Tragic.

In my heart, to show or not to show...cleavage, is a rhetorical question.

WAIT! omg, is he talking about moi???? And I thought I was doing a public service.
    According to his teachings, you are tempting the men to sin so shame on you, and God's wrath is upon you. I mean, on other people. It seems great that other people suffer for your misdeeds while you get away scotfree. So why stop at all?

According to his teachings, you are tempting the men to sin so shame on you, and God's wrath is upon you. I mean, on other people. It seems great that other people suffer for your misdeeds while you get away scotfree. So why stop at all?
    Hmm... good point. Time to ramp it up, ladies. Surely, there are many undesirable places we could make fall off the earth...

No, really, if promiscuity is the cause of earthquakes, you'd think the US would be long off the map by now...

So, the young men who were 'led astray' are not to be blamed?

It will be funny if the words came from someone who are harmless and powerless. But, this is from a cleric. I hope those in power and authorities don't start listening him and set even stricter law for women's dress code.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Well, no wonder why people are always tryin' to convert me or ask me to pray with them! I must look like such a sinner! It's time to tramp it up ladies! j/k

The young men who are led astray are never blamed, for women are never truly innocent.
    I like me.

Why this is not funny and dangerous is because he's a Muslim cleric. He's supposed to be knowledgeable about the religion. Given that people are already devastated from the earthquake. Saying something like this might start a witchhunt. 'Immodestly dressed' women might be harassed and victimised. You see what Taliban did to the women. Given that people are devastated and maybe angry with what happen, hearing a cleric said something like this, they will have a scapegoat to blame and direct the anger at.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-23-10 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Given that people are devastated and maybe angry with what happen, hearing a cleric said something like this, they will have a scapegoat to blame and direct the anger at.
    Whenever has women not been the scapegoat in such countries? They are blamed for about almost everything bad that is going on. I'm not sure what effects there will be, since women are already seen as so "bad" and treated as such.

Whenever has women not been the scapegoat in such countries? They are blamed for about almost everything bad that is going on. I'm not sure what effects there will be, since women are already seen as so "bad" and treated as such.
    since the day of Eve. =) its our role, to lead mankind to sin.
    o wilku mowa...♪

This occurs pretty much every time any kind of natural disaster, I've read posts on some forums in which people claimed that the earthquake in Chile was because people there didn't "repent" and one which described how there were very large fallen angels of the devil which vibrated the earth to produce earthquakes.

The only unfortunate thing is that people might actually listen to this guy since his position seems to indicate he is of high status in the clergy and people in Iran seem to take the pronoucements of their religious leaders more seriously.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

It's so typical of religions fanatics to blame any disaster on people's choice of lifestyle. Why didn't he blame it on Iranian government's insistent on developing nuclear weapon? That should be more destructive than promiscuity in a world scale level.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    It's so typical of religions fanatics to blame any disaster on people's choice of lifestyle. Why didn't he blame it on Iranian government's insistent on developing nuclear weapon? That should be more destructive than promiscuity in a world scale level.
    hey, there's 'nothing wrong' with murdering people on grandscale ~ seduction is on the other hand a different story.
    o wilku mowa...♪

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    hey, there's 'nothing wrong' with murdering people on grandscale ~ seduction is on the other hand a different story.
    Hey, if God punished us for kill a shitload of people by making an earthquake that.... killed a shitload of people. that wouldn't set a very good example now would it. Instead you punish people that encourage making babies, by killing babies.

Stop attention wh0ring, ladies.

Btw I hope none of those who criticise the Muslim cleric dude is Christian (here or in various places I've seen). Because that'd be very hypocritical.