Thread: Iceland Volcano was Allah's punishment

Default Iceland Volcano was Allah's punishment

Iceland Volcano was Allah's punishment $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.rightsidenews.com/templates/ja_teline/images/printButton.png') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.rightsidenews.com/templates/ja_teline/images/emailButton.png') Written by Itamar Marcus and Barbara Crook

A Palestinian cleric preaching on Hamas TV said the volcano in Iceland and the volcanic ash that paralyzed European air travel were sent by Allah to punish "Infidels and polytheists with fear and terror." Indicating that the volcanic eruption was Allah's punishment, the Hamas cleric cited a chapter of the Quran: "We [Allah] never destroyed a city unless its people were unjust." [Sura 28:59] He stressed this by comparing the eruption of the volcano to the flood sent by God in the times of Noah to punish humanity for its sins.

He also mocked the United States, saying its power is an illusion:

"As Allah lives, dear brothers, America - with its numbers and its equipment, with its might and its scepter, with its planes and its missiles, with its war ships and with its destroyers - it has no more power against Allah than do spider webs against His power."

Following are excerpts from the sermon:

"Praise Allah who says in His book [the Quran]: 'Their houses were empty and in ruins, because they did wrong' [Sura 17:52]... 'And We [Allah] never destroyed a city unless its people were unjust.' [Sura 28:59]..."
    "Oh Jihad fighters, people of Ribat (religious war). We heard and we saw what happened at the beginning of this week in Europe [volcanic ash covering airspace]: Some of Allah's brigades struck Europe with His force... this caused great loss of property and of life - only Allah knows their extent. A devastatingvolcanic eruption sent by Allah, paralyzed all movement, and a state of emergency was declared, and passenger flights were cancelled, and it struck the Infidels and polytheists with fear and terror...
    As Allah lives, dear brothers, America - with its numbers and its equipment, with its might and its scepter, with its planes and its missiles, with its war ships and with its destroyers - it has no more power against Allah than do spider webs against His power...
    He who made the volcanic eruption in Europe is He who brought the flood in the times of Noah."
    [Al-Aqsa (Hamas) TV, April 23, 2010]
    Palestinian Media Watch (PMW), an Israeli NGO, studies Palestinian society by monitoring, translating and analyzing Palestinian media and schoolbooks.

Link
    http://www.rightsidenews.com/2010042...unishment.html

is this the same fella that said women were the reasons for the recent earthquakes?

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    is this the same fella that said women were the reasons for the recent earthquakes?
    Nope. That was an Iranian cleric. This is a Palestinian cleric.

The agenda is also different. The Iranian cleric just sound misguided while the Palestinian cleric's speech seems politically motivated.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-29-10 at 12:06 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

so conclusion .......

Quote Originally Posted by Bei Rongkun View Post
    so conclusion .......
    both statements were made by muslim clerics...
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

A very stupid statement with signs of desperation.

Somehow I'm not very surprised... This type of comment is only to be expected. It's been uttered in the following disasters:

1) 2004 Asian tsunami
    2) Typhoon Katrina
    3) Sichuan earthquake

They will just keep coming. Makes you wonder about empathy.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 05-04-10 at 10:49 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

The Indonesian Tsunami must have been God's way of saying Muslims are doing something wrong, or his aim was off if he was punishing, scantily clad women, Americans, christians etc. Don't hear them say anything about that though.

Allah didn't like militant feminazis in Iceland shutting down their strip clubs. *hi5*
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Allah didn't like militant feminazis in Iceland shutting down their strip clubs. *hi5*
    Wow how many more times are you going to repeat that?

And if that's the case, what does Allah really like, when linking to what that Iranian cleric said?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."