Thread: Dutiful daughter Xu Dahui tops class

Default Dutiful daughter Xu Dahui tops class

Dutiful daughter tops class

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://web.orange.co.uk/images/ice/quirkies/xu_dahui_with_her_dad_in_class_quirky_china_news.j pg')
    A Chinese woman has taken her partially paralysed father to university with her so she can look after him and study at the same time.
    Xu Dahui, 22, is studying mechanical and electrical engineering at Wuhan Bioengineering Institute, reports Changjiang Daily.
    Amazingly, she is top of her class - despite the demands of studying, caring for her father and working part-time to make ends meet.
    "I don't think the life is harsh to me. I am the only child in the family. If I quit, who would take care of him?" she asked.
    Xu's father, Xu Changru, 68, suffered an acute cerebral haemorrhage, which paralysed the left side of his body, earlier this year.
    She decided to take him to university with her as her mother is also unwell, and can barely look after herself.
    The university, touched by her story, offered the pair a rent-free university apartment.
    Xu works in the canteen during her lunchbreak and sells bottled water and telephone cards for three hours after her afternoon lectures.
    She gets up at 5am each day to shop for food, then gets her father up and the pair make their way to class - a journey which takes them an hour.
    After going back home in the evening, she cooks a meal and then gives her father a 30-minute massage to help him sleep. Only then, can she begin her own home study time.

The Link
    http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quir...ter_tops_class

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    Dutiful daughter tops class

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://web.orange.co.uk/images/ice/quirkies/xu_dahui_with_her_dad_in_class_quirky_china_news.j pg')
    A Chinese woman has taken her partially paralysed father to university with her so she can look after him and study at the same time.
    Xu Dahui, 22, is studying mechanical and electrical engineering at Wuhan Bioengineering Institute, reports Changjiang Daily.
    Amazingly, she is top of her class - despite the demands of studying, caring for her father and working part-time to make ends meet.
    "I don't think the life is harsh to me. I am the only child in the family. If I quit, who would take care of him?" she asked.
    Xu's father, Xu Changru, 68, suffered an acute cerebral haemorrhage, which paralysed the left side of his body, earlier this year.
    She decided to take him to university with her as her mother is also unwell, and can barely look after herself.
    The university, touched by her story, offered the pair a rent-free university apartment.
    Xu works in the canteen during her lunchbreak and sells bottled water and telephone cards for three hours after her afternoon lectures.
    She gets up at 5am each day to shop for food, then gets her father up and the pair make their way to class - a journey which takes them an hour.
    After going back home in the evening, she cooks a meal and then gives her father a 30-minute massage to help him sleep. Only then, can she begin her own home study time.

The Link
    http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quir...ter_tops_class
    She has a very intelligent look.

Kudos to her efforts and all.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Good to see that confucian values are priceless, something money can't buy. Wish her the best.

Kudos to her and wishing her the best!