Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: China's male-to-female ratio declines for first time

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeron View Post
    It simply means China will become a more desirable place to immigrate too. 30 years ago, China would be like the local community college with a bad rep, but in a few years they could be like Virgina tech, it might not be MIT, but for those who can't get into MIT it is a good alternative.
    LoL I kind of think you're being a little generous here.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeron View Post
    How many of them had short term relationships, or had one night stands. How many of them are are single because of choice instead because they can't find a date? What are the economic situation with those men? or education? I imagine most of them are at least above poverty level.
    If sex is the issue, then Chinese men can get it from prostitutes as well.

There is vast difference between choosing to be single because you like the freedom or your standard is too high, and forced to be single because no girls will even consider you due to your poverty.

When you are poor, have no marriage prospect, sexually frustrated (remember, it is China, sexual liberty is not same as here), very little education, then add the fact there are 20 million of them, its a recipe for potential disaster.
    Did you ever heard of a phrase from the cantonese "el shen em shui pao". That is "With love, water can feed your hunger". Anyway, too bad these men have no access to internet. Otherwise, they can try out those dating websites where thousand and thousand of chinese women are looking for love.

This guys explains some of the potential issues that will arise.
    http://www.carnegieendowment.org/pub...=view&id=19652
    If sex is all that important, something I don't believe in, then the government always can provide these men a human size sex doll so they can use it to release their sexual tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If sex is all that important, something I don't believe in, then the government always can provide these men a human size sex doll so they can use it to release their sexual tension.
    An oversimplification of a complex problem. It's not sex per se, it's love and marriage or lack thereof that is the problem. Since you're so into Confucian values [at least for women], it should be noted that without wives, none of those single Chinese men are able to observe filial piety appropriately since they are not fathering offspring.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If sex is the issue, then Chinese men can get it from prostitutes as well.
    I believe prostitution is illegal in China, but it is fairly wide spread, and is generally connected with corrupted police/politicians and organized crimes. So this will just add more fuel to the fire.

Of course they could make it legal and tax it, but I don't think CCP would want to go down that route. And as ByTmE has said, it is not the core issue.

Did you ever heard of a phrase from the cantonese "el shen em shui pao". That is "With love, water can feed your hunger". Anyway, too bad these men have no access to internet. Otherwise, they can try out those dating websites where thousand and thousand of chinese women are looking for love.
    You mean mail-order-birde sites. the problem afterall is that there are more men than women in China. CCP sponsored mail-order bride sites, that would be a riot to see. The west and feminist groups would have a field day with that.

It is a combination of sexual frustration, social pressure (you know how serious Chinese are about grand kids and family), lack of prospective future, poverty, and the fact those men wouldn't have a family to tie them down and avoid doing stupid things.
    Last edited by Dimeron; 07-08-10 at 05:34 PM.

I wonder if the murderous relatives was charged. I wonder how close the relatives are to the parents? Are they the grandparents? If not, what busybodies they are.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bre...-1225809150204
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩