Thread: Everlasting Love!!!

Default Everlasting Love!!!

Does everlasting Love exist?

I have been wondering over this for some time. The concept of everlasting love has been long dominating our literature. We encounter countless examples of everlasting love in fiction. But does it exist in real-life? Is there any true life story?

I am not asking about simple love story but everlasting and truly extraordinary story.

As far as I m concerned, I have been in love. I have my own share of experience of love. I have felt the greatness of the love. But the life and death feeling didn't last. As time passes the loved one's name wouldn't strike me as hard as before and I started to doubt about my love for the loved one. Was it real love? was it just a crush? I am kind of conventional type of person. I would rather love one person rest of my life. Also, I had been keeping some feelings over extended period of time (several years) but it faded as time goes by. In short nothing was lasting for me.

So did you guys experience any everlasting love ? or heard any?

The story rather be everlasting and extraordinary.

Queen Victoria and Prince Albert's story would come to close. But I am quite disappointed Queen Victoria's later relationship with John Brown. Another example of nothing last forever.

Please share your stories and thoughts!
    Last edited by odbayarb2000; 06-11-10 at 11:45 AM.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

There probably is everlasting love, at least, I'd like to believe that. But it's not something that's as magical as described in the literature. Love that really lasts are achieved not just through mere adoration of your partner, but through a ton of hard work.
    For me, I've only been with my boyfriend for five years, but we both still love and care about each other just as much as the first day we started dating, if not more. We're both striving for the same future goals in terms of the relationship, and we both can see each other grow old together. But believe me, we've had our ups and downs, and it took lots of work to get to where we are. So everlasting love, though I do believe it exists, it's not just some magical thing.
    Last edited by xJadedx; 06-11-10 at 11:54 AM.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

there is, just because their lives were never under public scrutiny and not famous people and seemed relatively 'peaceful', it does not equate 'love isn't strong in them'.

although my first thought of love is the extreme examples of martyrdom; dying for love (of God, of idealism) but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

take my parents for example, they were married for decades, and despite all their differences, they remained very loving. Although the storms they brave through wasn't the highly dramatic kind in hollywood movies, but it doesn't mean that their love was any weaker.

everlasting....if you don't believe it, you will never live it. to have it, you must live it.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

hmmm...I am afraid that I am not qualified to answer this question, as I have never been in love.

I love my parents. I wouldn't even blink an eye if asked to die for either of them.

I love my brothers..though I would probably lose a couple of eyelashes blinking furiously on whether I would die for either of them LoL but the logical conclusion in my heart can only be "yes."

I tend to not believe that everlasting love is cataclysmic or earth shattering. Rather that such love is as still and profound as deep waters. Besides, how many of us can be sparkling and magical until the very end of our lives, if we are even so fortunate to pass the rest of our life with another human being? I've got this inkling in my heart that I might be alone in this lifetime anyway, so I am content being alone. I have made peace with that.

Oh well, maybe that means I don't have any karmic love debts to pay to another LoL Or maybe I am supposed to touch other human beings in other ways that does not qualify as romantic love.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    hmmm...I am afraid that I am not qualified to answer this question, as I have never been in love.

I love my parents. I wouldn't even blink an eye if asked to die for either of them.

I love my brothers..though I would probably lose a couple of eyelashes blinking furiously on whether I would die for either of them LoL but the logical conclusion in my heart can only be "yes."
    I'm blessed to have two very close buddies whom I can also apply such love on because we have been through thick and thin. Our friendship is nothing shallow. Or, maybe three, actually.

As for family.... No matter how many times my siblings have upset me. No matter how many times I verbally wished that Willy Wonka would kidnap my siblings into the chocolate factory. All these so-called hatred had never killed the thought of defending my family when threatened by death.

My family too, has a very important place in my heart...... despite sometimes they are not very co-operative.

I tend to not believe that everlasting love is cataclysmic or earth shattering. Rather that such love is as still and profound as deep waters. Besides, how many of us can be sparkling and magical until the very end of our lives, if we are even so fortunate to pass the rest of our life with another human being? I've got this inkling in my heart that I might be alone in this lifetime anyway, so I am content being alone. I have made peace with that.
    Maybe your long queue of secretly admirers ain't brave enough to confess their feelings because you've been fierce?

We shall leave the thought of "old grannies sitting on rocking chair and do knitting together" as last resort.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 06-13-10 at 06:18 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Yes, I believe it exists. However, the couples are mostly average joe and jane who love and spend the rest of their lives with each other. They aren't like the ones in the tv serials.