Thread: Australian changes PM without citizen's approval

Angry Australian changes PM without citizen's approval

No sure if anyone else has heard about this amongst the hype of the World Cup, but Australia has changed our Prime Minister overnight.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/...australia-pm/2

Seriously, every government makes its mistakes and doesn't carry out all it says it will do before election, but is this sudden and abrupt change needed?

Considering what the world has to go through in these few years, I have to say Kevin Rudd has done a satisfactory job dealing with the war, the global economic crises, the bushfires, the carbon emission thing, China, etc... He has made mistakes, but the whole party should take blame instead of shoving it all on him and then kicking him out. No way that one man could bring about the 6% mining tax suggestion if the rest of the party did not support him.

Politically, it is a bad move since Kevin Rudd's replacement, Julia Gillard has not really been in the spotlight with the people. A lot of people have no idea who she is and what she supports. She is a stranger that just pops in and out of the news at times, but there are no connections with the rest of Australia except for the area that she has been elected for. Labour party is now divided and full of backstabbers and how can they make the public believe that they are strong enough to withstand another 4-year term?

Emotionally, most of Australia (whatever party they support) feels heartbreak watching Kevin Rudd's tears as he says good bye. It is extremely to cruel in the way this has been handled. For months, Julia Gillard has said that she will contest Kevin Rudd and suddenly overnight, they hold a meeting and at 9am we have a new PM.

Despite the recent drop in Rudd's publicity polls, I think Labour underestimates the bond people have with Kevin Rudd. We voted as a nation in 2007 for Kevin Rudd as PM in 2007, not Julia Gillard. If they want to change their party leader without citizen consenting, fine. But PM is the head of the nation, how can they just change people overnight without us having a say? It like ordering french fries, and they serve up rice crackers. No respect for the citizens at all.

I do not understand why there has to be a change in PM if the policies are not changing. Different face but same party. Now the Opposition is laughing their heads off cos the government looks like a joke, and probably Tony Abbott will will win the election. And he is a clown but right now, he still is way more popular than Julia Gillard in the polls.

What are your views on this matter? Whether Australian ornot, Labour or Liberal, any comments on this sudden PM change?
    Last edited by charbydis; 06-25-10 at 11:55 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Kevin Rudd did kinda go back on his climate change platform didn't he? Natural resources is the heart of Australia's economy (which is over a trillion dollars even though there's only 22 million people living in Australia) Isn't this kind of a coup by Australia's Big Mining?

This is so very sudden.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

A case of scapegoating?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Well, Australians vote for their local rep in Parliament, then those bastards vote for the PM. So we didn't technically vote for KRudd. It's legally kosher for Gillard to stab him in the back and take over.

HOWEVER, since Australian elections have taken after a presidential air for over a decade (result of Americanization), we did vote for Kevin07 and not Ms Deliberately Barren.

Too bad the Libs have Tony Abbott, who's just not good enough. He may have a tiny chance at beating Kevin, but he doesn't have enough to beat Team Vagina, who will vote for Gillard just because she's a woman (FIRST WOMAN PM !!!!1111oneone!!!). I don't know where you get your poll info from, but Gillard's popularity is soaring and leaving Abbott for dead.

The Australian people deserve whatever sh!tty choice we end up with, if they buy the BS that Gillard can just take over & start over, when, as deputy PM, she was involved with every bad policy or decision that's come out of the KRudd government, as her part of the kitchen cabinet. Plus the complete c0ckup of US$15 billions in the BER and countless of other things she's shown her incompetence in.

A case of scapegoating?
    That, and because the Labor Party is heavily factional and the thugs don't like Kev anymore, so they get rid of him and install a new puppet.

Finally, I can't help but see Julia Gulia's coup d'état as typical of a modern predatory woman: Woman gets naive Man to move her into his crib, waits over 2 years then with the help of gov thugs, kicks him out of his crib and takes all his sh!t.

Straight from the "How To Rob A Man For All He's Worth - A Guide For The Fabulous Modern Ex-Wife" handbook, 3rd ed.

I hope she ends up like New Zealand's Jenny Shipley, but I don't see Tony Abbott having any chance against her. :/

Too bad, like in World Cup Football from Round of 16, you can't bet on both teams to lose the match or at least draw.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Rudd's a liar, Gillard's a stranger, and Abbott's a moron.

Not very motivated for our election this year. I hate both parties now.

I seriously don't think there will be any drastic changes to labour policies despite the change in leadership. Abbott's latest policies confuses me. Have serious doubts in the future of Australia. Maybe I should move to Singapore!

Anyway, I got my poll info from Channel 7.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly