Thread: The Myth of Nibiru and the End of the World in 2012

Default The Myth of Nibiru and the End of the World in 2012

Reading this topic. Very interesting. An astronomer trying to answer the questions directed to him on the issue/myth of a planet going to earth in year 2012.

The Myth of Nibiru and the End of the World in 2012

Update on the Nibiru 2012 ‘Doomsday’

What do you think? Do you believe in what he said or believe that the world governments are really hiding something?

Do you think sudden big shift will really happen in the planetary position and alignment or some other really big changes will happen?
    Last edited by kidd; 07-05-10 at 10:52 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

More in this planet collision issue/hoax.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_collision

Yes, there are always urban legends around. But, I wonder how come this one became so big until even Fox reported on it and so many organisation supported it. Is there any truth in it?

I mean, who is behind this? It is really strange. It's not the belief of 1 single doomsday cult, but, the belief of many different sections of the society especially those on the spiritual path. My tuina therapist told me that her friends who meditated a lot feels the energy is different lately. I wonder if there's really some truth it in. Might not be planet hitting Earth, but, there might be some big changes that will happen in this era.

But, the explanation of the astrobologist is very logical and believable. My logical mind lean more on the scientist side.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-19-10 at 09:02 PM.

Last edited by kidd; 07-07-10 at 04:19 AM.

What I think of it? Well, certainly not the end of the world!
    But maybe something like a change of era. You know, a brutal change of mentality. Let me give you a few examples of what I mean.

- In the 470's, Roman Empire totally lost their very last military strength and the world started Middle Ages.
    - In the 1400's, ruins of Pompei and Herculanum were re-discovered, and, with it, the ancient philosophies and sciences. In 1492, Christopher Columbus discovered America while searching for India. People discovered a new land and Renaissance was born.
    - In the 1800's, new technological inventions started to come out: electricity, telephone, steam power... enough to bring up the Industrial Revolution.
    - In 2012, one of the most technologically-adanced liners of the time, Titanic, sank after being ripped by an iceberg. This suddenly stopped the thought that technology would solve all our problems, and safety regained its fair importance.
    - In 1915, Titanic&Olympic-competitor liner Lusitania was treaturously sinked by the Nazi's. Not only it brought America into World War 1, but it also revealed that technology can create as many problems as it can solve.
    - In 1985, Titanic wreck is re-discovered (a true hisctoric treasure, that Titanic!). By studying it, we realize it was litterally 50 years before its time, technologically spoken; it was able to float with the loss of four waterproof compartments, a feature made obligatory in 1960. We realize 1900's architects and engineers were not that dumb after all, and that bad luck can happen to the highly-skilled people (Titanic sank because FIVE compartments were flooded...)
    - In the 1990's, model Waris Dirie reveals the horrors of excision that exist in Somalia, her native country. ONU makes her a member of its organisation. Occident and Orient are now aware of a barbaric practice that still exists today, a kind of practice being thought buried forever in the past; everyone knows that the world in not that peaceful everywhere as they thought and barbarism still exists in parts of the world.

So, to me, maybe something like that will happen in 1912, something that can wake up our conscience of something we didn't believe to be real before. What do you think?
    Last edited by Bowhead Whale; 08-19-10 at 03:59 PM. Reason: mistake of date

She stated, speaking as the Zetas, that "The Hale-Bopp comet does not exist. It is a fraud, perpetrated by those who would have the teeming masses quiescent until it is too late. Hale-Bopp is nothing more than a distant star, and will draw no closer."[3] She claimed that the Hale-Bopp story was manufactured to distract people from the imminent arrival of a large planetary object, "Planet X", which would soon pass by Earth and destroy civilization.[3] After Hale-Bopp's perihelion revealed it as one of the brightest and longest-observed comets of the last century,[4] Lieder removed the first two sentences of her initial statement from her site, though they can still be found in Google's archives.

Just based on that I think I can safely conclude that I have no need to listen to this woman further.

Good analysis, Bowhead Whale.

I really don't know what to think. I have new age friends who are saying that the energy of the world is changing. It will be a new era where people are more spiritual and loving. So, we need to do a lot of spiritual cleansing to welcome the new age.

Maybe there will be a new era. A new era where people are more responsible and respectful towards mother earth (since that seems to be the direction the world is going). But, I still don't believe the 12 strands of DNA stuff.

According to astrology, we are supposed to be entering the Age of Aquarius.

Interesting info about Astrological Age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_age
    Last edited by kidd; 08-19-10 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I really don't know what to think. I have new age friends who are saying that the energy of the world is changing. It will be a new era where people are more spiritual and loving. So, we need to do a lot of spiritual cleansing to welcome the new age.

Maybe there will be a new era. A new era where people are more responsible and respectful towards mother earth (since that seems to be the direction the world is going).
    Hold up, I thought that trend started in the 70's with all the "hippie" movements...

But seriously, if you taken enough effort to analyze...pretty much every year has some sort of progressive monument depending on where you are and what field you are looking into.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 09-03-10 at 11:28 PM.

Interesting articles. Hopefully all of us will be around on 1st Jan 2013 and say, "Happy New Year".

This is our answer for Nibiru:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/yamato_wave_motion_gun.jpg')