Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOMD Rumble: Chan Jen Nam vs. Divine Dragon Cult Leader vs. One-Armed Nun

Default DOMD Rumble: Chan Jen Nam vs. Divine Dragon Cult Leader vs. One-Armed Nun

I don't think we've ever done this before.

If there were a three-way rumble during DOMD among Chan Jen Nam (Leader of the Heaven and Earth Society), the Divine Dragon Cult Leader, and the One-Armed Nun in a sort of early Qing Dynasty-era "Mt. Hua Sword Tournament," who would emerge as the winner (and how long would the other two last)?

Should include the Old Turtle as well. He's as good as any of them.

IMO, the Cult Leader is the best (pretty sure it was hinted at a few times). Chen might be able to match Old Turtle, with the One-Armed Nun being last, but only just.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Don't think its a fair fight but definitely Divine Dragon Cult leader. How about the old eunuch Hoi Dai Fu or the fake queen with the bone disintegrating palm? The One Armed Nun never really struck me as a great fighter.

Who is Old Turtle?

Fake Queen Mao Dongzhu was defeated by Jiu Nan, so she wouldn't be in the picture, I think. I wonder who is Old Turtle too! =)

I think WXB called Hoi Dai Fu "Old Turtle" sometimes after he found out he was being poisoned? But I keep on thinking about the turtle statue that WXB (TVB Tony Leung version) said he could read Persian script or "tadpole letters".

I'd guess it's Divine Fist Unbeatable Gui Xinshu

Oh yeah, the Gui's (the couple with the sick son, right?). I find their portrayal to be a bit rediculous for such a courageous couple.

Who are these characters? Can you explain them re: the 86 adaptation?

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Oh yeah, the Gui's (the couple with the sick son, right?). I find their portrayal to be a bit rediculous for such a courageous couple.
    I thought the Gui's were a bunch of arrogant idiots, in both SSWRB and DOMD. They had excellent martial arts but no judgment, got themselves into lots of trouble and accomplished nothing useful. What a waste of their martial arts.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Who are these characters? Can you explain them re: the 86 adaptation?
    Regarding the '86 adaptation? If I remember correctly, the Guis went to assassinate the traitor Ng Sam Kwai then got tricked by his flowery words and his bribe of the white tiger skin (for their overgrown childish son) to go and kill the emperor. Their son was contantly coughing and whining.

Chen Gen Nam forced WXB to take the Gui's into the palace then gave them a fake map (to kill the empress??). But they found their way into the wing where the emperor was staying, WXB saved the emperor (threw his body over him, then the Gui's all got slaughtered by the palace guards.

Since the son was wearing the white tiger skin, WXB tried to make it seem like they were assassins went by NSK.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I thought the Gui's were a bunch of arrogant idiots, in both SSWRB and DOMD. They had excellent martial arts but no judgment, got themselves into lots of trouble and accomplished nothing useful. What a waste of their martial arts.
    If it were just a matter of getting themselves into trouble, they wouldn't be so annoying. However, every time they appear they mess up everyone around them as well, like the proverbial bull in a chinashop (though I recall a Mythbusters episode that showed that the literal results of this saying in reality might not be as expected) and what's more, they manage to get away with it every single time without major repercussions through no effort of their own (except when they finally died, of course, but they were screwing up all the way to that point too).
    Last edited by Doc Kwok; 07-09-10 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling

Default DOMD "Greats" fight: One-Armed Nun + Chan Jen Nam vs. the Divine Dragon Cult Leader

We seldom do "Greats" fights for the Qing Dynasty era.

What if, during DOMD, Chan Jen Nam and the One-Armed Nun teamed up against the leader of the Divine Dragon Cult? Could these two stalwarts of the fallen Ming Dynasty have defeated the strange and vicious cult leader?

You are aware there is a sentence by JY saying she is UNRIVALED in DOMD, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    You are aware there is a sentence by JY saying she is UNRIVALED in DOMD, right?
    Not previously aware of that. My impression has always been that the Divine Dragon Cult Leader was the best fighter of the DOMD era.

In any case, how would the two weaker ones do together against the strongest one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Not previously aware of that. My impression has always been that the Divine Dragon Cult Leader was the best fighter of the DOMD era.
    Well, allow me the pleasure of setting the record straight. From the novel:

说到武学修为,她除了学得木桑道人所传的铁剑门武功之外,
    十余年前更得奇遇,百尺竿头又进一步,与当年木桑道人相比,也已远远的
    青出于蓝,环顾当世,除了那个不知所踪的袁承志之外,只怕再无抗手了。

In terms of martial arts, in addition to her learnings from Priest Musang, she made further big gains more recently, far surpassing the level of Priest Musang back in the day. In the present day, besides the long lost Yuan Chengzhi, she is most likely unrivaled throughout the realm.

So, there's no contest: Jiunan by herself is more than enough to take down HOLY DRAGON SECT LEADER Hong Antong.

So what if the Divine Dragon Cult Leader and Chan Jen Nam ganged up on the One-Armed Nun: could the two of them together defeat her?

So we never did determine the outcome if the two relatively weaker DOMD "greats" took on the strongest one. Any ideas? Would Chan Jen Nam + the Divine Dragon Cult Leader be enough to overcome the One-Armed Nun?

chan jen nam was pretty weak, wasnt he even inferior to obai? i think 1 arm nun win easily. 1 arm nun is equivalent to 1 quan zhen 7 person right?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    chan jen nam was pretty weak, wasnt he even inferior to obai?
    Chan Jen Nam was inferior to Obai only in pure physical (e.g. muscular) strength, but Chan's skills and inner power would be *more* than adequate to make up for that disadvantage. In a fair fight, Obai should not give Chan too much trouble.

i think 1 arm nun win easily. 1 arm nun is equivalent to 1 quan zhen 7 person right?
    I don't know exactly, but while she could take Chan Jen Nam, could the nun take both him *and* the Divine Dragon Cult Leader fighting her simultaneously?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Chan Jen Nam was inferior to Obai only in pure physical (e.g. muscular) strength, but Chan's skills and inner power would be *more* than adequate to make up for that disadvantage. In a fair fight, Obai should not give Chan too much trouble.

I don't know exactly, but while she could take Chan Jen Nam, could the nun take both him *and* the Divine Dragon Cult Leader fighting her simultaneously?
    i never valued chen jen nam as a strong martial artist, he was just more of a leader. i think 1 arm nun can beat him in 5 move. i dunno man, the 1998 version she was pretty strong, and was even beating all the shaolin monks easily. i think the shaolin monks are easily > chen jen nam
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!